Sins of a Solar Empire is often described as a 4XRTS game, or a game that tried to merge the action and tactics packed gameplay of a Real time strategy game with the deep, complex, empire wide strategy of a 4X turn based game. It's up to debate whether Sins succeeded in this goal, but I think all can agree that of the 4Xs of "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate", Sins is much more focused on the exterminate than on the others. This mod seeks to give more depth to the other 3Xs of the game by adding additional game elements or refining the existing ones to reward players who give more strategic thought to the non-combat side of the game. Combat will still be the center point of the game, but players will find that the non-combat options available will be much more rewarding. Spying, exploring, sabotage, diplomacy, culture, and economic development have all been added or changed in innovative new ways. Regardless of what you think Sins is, this is the 4XRTS it should have been.

Forum Thread
1.6 Crash Bug (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Enhanced 4X Mod : Forum : Bugs : 1.6 Crash Bug) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 2 2013 Anchor

I was playing a game as Advent orthodox with resetting titan levels on a medium large map and a few hours in the game crashed. The error message didn't give any useful details but said it was a C++ error. Essentially the screen froze and nothing responded until I hit CtrlAltDelete. That's when I saw the error message. It's happened twice so far, both times after playing the game for a couple of hours. Maybe three or four hours at most. I'm not sure how to record check-sum or anything like that. If it comes up again is there anything you want me to check for?

Edit: I just hit another crash bug. This time the computer just made an error noise and the game shut off returning me to my desktop with no error message. My last autosave was 1 hour and 15 minutes into the game, I was playing orthodox on a large multi star map with resetting titan levels on. After reloading the auto save I ran into some weird graphics glitches on the phase jump opening animations and the icons guardian shielding ability. exiting and rebooting the game and turning the mods off and then back on seemed to fix the problem.

Edited by: Muan

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jul 2 2013 Anchor

Hmm, C++ errors are very annoying to track down, and sometimes they can be PC issues. Can you reload from an autosave and continue for another couple of hours or does it crash is roughly the same place every time?

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jul 3 2013 Anchor

I finished the game where the c++ errors occurred. Now I'm just getting the second type of error frequently which is accompanied by graphics glitches. I see auto-canons firing white rectangles now too. So far as I can tell the second type of error seems to be connected to graphics and come up after about an hour and a half of play. I also see the Coronata Titan's halo as white rectangles sometimes and its reclaim ability surrounds the planet with spinning white rectangles. This error displays no message and just makes a sound before shutting off the game.

Edited by: Muan

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jul 3 2013 Anchor

Hmm, Muan all of those things could be caused by hitting (or getting close to hitting) the 2GB RAM limit. I'd definitely reduce your graphics settings a notch, especially if they are on highest (highest hates mods for some reason), and if it happens again try checking how much RAM Sins is using say 20 minutes after loading a save and tell me how much it's using.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.