The Battle for Middle-earth has just begun! The Edain Mod returns to the classic gameplay of the first Battle for Middle-earth, reimagined with countless new heroes, units and abilities. Journey deeper into Tolkien's world than ever before, relive the movies through meticulously crafted visuals and forge your path to victory in epic strategic battles. Follow your destiny... Middle-earth awaits.
This mod is very fun to play. Here are some lists of good and bad things:
- There are many factions to play, and they seem to be balanced mostly.
- All the factions have fun units to use.
- All factions have some interesting mechanic that makes them unique.
- There are new fortress maps and new AIs for each.
- Great graphics.
- New units.
- Brings the building mechanics back from BFME1.
- Custom Maps work well.
- Certain factions have an obvious lack of effort. For instance, the dwarf units have far better graphics than the gondor units, who merely have better textures.
- The mod is only available for 2.01, so basically it is incompatible with other mods.
- The mod tends to randomly close for me, and just shut down and crash the game about 29 minutes into the game.
- There are literally no maps with Castles from BFME1. Those are my favorite maps and the lack of them is sad.
However, i would recommend this mod.
Highest Rated (133 agree) 10/10
You could think im exxagerating the value of this mod,but i can only tell you : try with your hands. Edain mod is without any doubt the best RTS based on the LotR series,and,but this is just my opinion,the best RTS overall. While being much more true to tolkien than any other EA's work,it combines great complexity with good-balance in an excellent way. But what,above all things,makes this mod stand out are the models of the units,heroes and buildings,just take a look to the gallery on the site…
Oct 19 2010 by TheMost