Greetings, companions of Edain!
First of all, we want to thank you for appearing in such great numbers at our livestream and for making it such a pleasant and interesting experience. To everybody who missed the stream: Don't worry, we uploaded it on Youtube so that you can watch it any time. We are already looking forward to the release of 4.5.
Before that happens, we want to share some more new content with you. After lots of gameplay changes, we are happy to show you several visual overhauls again! In the upcoming version, many elements of Lothlorien were improved.
So far Celeborn still used a reskinned version of the EA model, which meant a rework was very much necessary. Now he got a new model as well as a new skin and is not as chiseled as before. The new Celeborn wears his white robe and grey cloak as seen in the movie. And his hair has a silverblonde colour now, based on his appearance in the book.
Particular important was the overhaul of the improved armor that his wife Galadriel bestows upon him with the Gifts of Lorien. This used to be a simple Reskin that was barely visible ingame. With the new model, a clear difference is now apparent and the armor fits his majestic appearance.
While we were rather happy with the current model of the Galadhrim, there was still some room for improvements. The skin was somewhat outdated and in need of an upgrade. While doing that, we also gave the sword of the Galadhrim a finer and more detailed appearance.
Of course, in the same breath we also reworked Haldir's Galadhrim, which you'll find in Rohan's Spellbook.
Haldir, Rúmil and Orophin
After overhauling the Galadhrim, it made sense to give Lothlóriens chief marchwardens some love, too. We were already satisfied with Haldir, but created a new model for his sword and sheath based on the movies.
The Borderguards that can be summoned with Haldir's final ability have also received a new design.
Previously Rúmil and Orophin used the same model and the same skin. To differentiate their personalities a bit, they now have different faces ingame. We also adjusted their armored versions to the new Galadhrim model. Nonetheless, to still allow for a distinction from those, they use a green coat instead of a blue one.
Buildings of Lothlórien
Not only have the units and heroes been improved, the buildings of Lothlórien will shine in a new light in 4.5, too!
- Lanterns: To better show the lighting of the movies, we highlighted the lanterns of Lórien and gave them the iconic blue shimmer.
- Platforms: The design of the platforms was standardized for the upcoming version. Large, round platforms now use the blue wood, while other platforms use the same wood as the bridges.
- Borderguard Quarters: Previously, the Borderguard Quarters was looking very similar to the Galadhrim Quarters due to its design. This could cause confusion ingame, which is why the Borderguard Quarters uses a different house now. This makes the distinction between those two much easier.
- Mirror of Galadriel: Upon unlocking the new ultimate defensive spell "Mirror's Knowledge", a Mirror of Galadriel will spawn in the fortress.
- Border Fortress: We have given the Border fortress on outposts a new design that now separates it more from the camp and castle citadel. In addition, the defensive archers have now been more consistently integrated. Four Borderguard Archers now appear on the platform when the Borderguard Wing is erected, while after building the Galadhrim Wing, an additional Galadhrim will defend the fortress.
We hope you liked this update and are looking forward to your feedback as always!
Your Edain Team