Call of The Zone is a standalone modification for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Call of Pripyat that allows you to explore the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone – a desolate and highly contaminated region of Ukraine that has been abandoned and closed off for decades ever since the 1986 Chernobyl disaster. What has been going on in this irradiated wasteland since then? There are no shortage of rumors and conspiracy theories, each more fantastic than the last. Rumors of mutated wildlife, brainwashed cults, secret experiments, and unexplainable paranormal events abound, as do promises of great riches and wildest dreams coming true for those who are daring or desperate enough to try to break through the cordon. You are about to find out for yourself what is true and what is yet undiscovered, and experience for yourself all the Zone has to offer... or to take from you.
DoctorX Call of The Zone 1.0 official release files
- IMPORTANT: You will need to install Visual C++ Redist 2013 x86, available from Microsoft: Visual C++ Redist 2013
- IMPORTANT: You will need to install DirectX End-User Runtimes 2010, available from Microsoft: DirectX Runtimes 2010
- Unzip the contents of the CoTZ release download to the install location of your choice. There is no installer, so once unzipped the game will be ready to play. NOTE: CoTZ is a standalone game. Do not install on top of CoP or CoC. Install it into its own folder.
**Note** - Avoid installing into your Windows C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folders or the game may not start correctly. Install into a separate partition or directly into your C:\ drive (thanks Sanctuary!)
- Launch the game (Stalker-CoTZ.exe), go into Options->Video and select your screen resolution, render type (DirectX 9-Enhanced or DirectX 10-Enhanced recommended), and quality preset
- Apply your settings, then exit the game.
- CoTZ is now ready to play. Start a new game, select your faction, name, player icon, and starting location. Check your PDA for the location of the first contact that will begin your journey into the Zone.
See the included readme file for credits and a complete list of changes.