Its about time! Finally, after a year of work, the first results come to life and give birth to Deep Resonance Beta 0.9!
The game at this stage is 65% complete, many things have changed, some areas, little modifications to the storyline, and of course the gameplay.
Currently DR is betatested by 2 people beside me, to always check if I make too much puzzles. Yes, I'm addicted to puzzles, so expect crates to move, buttons to press, backtracking, levers and stuff like that often.
Physics had a major role during the last 2 months of development; there will be moments of joy for die hard HL2 E3 2003 fans on this subject!
Unfortunately, there's only one aspect that I regret not to be able to accomplish successfully: the weapons. I'm still learning how to model properly and, although I can make decent static \ physics props, I still dont understand how weapons work. So I apologize, but there are 2 weapons not made by me: the axe which I mentioned some time ago, taken from FPS Banana and made by Slip777-778-779-802 (hope to have said it right), and the MP5 model taken directly from the Half Life 2 beta. The knife model has another story behind... and the CS animations.
So, what's new in Deep Resonance?
- Dynamic lights while shooting (lights world)
- Particle muzzle flash
- Phong shader almost everywhere
- Modified env_projectedtexture
- The flashlight is a useable object that has to be hold in place of the weapons
- Head movement while walking \ running fast
- Prevented shooting while running fast and climbing ladders
- Improved AI commands \ decisions
- Soldiers can jump and use healthstations
- Ironsights for the 9mm pistol and the MP5
- New HUD
- AK47 (not confirmed into final release)
- Flamethrower (not confirmed into final release)
Today I also bring you a little gameplay video showing both an action moment and a slow paced moment of the game.
A big thank you to all of you, see you next update!