De Bello Mundi Patch 1.1. De Bello Mundi v1.0 needed.
1 - Download the patch. you'll get a file named DBM_Patch_v1.1.7z (size about 266 MB).
2 - Now Unzip it (using 7zip). Right click on DBM_Patch_v1.1.7z, select 7z-> "Extract here". you'll get a folder named DBM (size about 1,55 GB).
3 - Cut and paste the DBM folder in the mods folder of your med2 installation (where there is already a folder named DBM, the version 1.0), and answer "yes" when windows ask you if you want overwrite existing folder and files.
For example: i download the patch and save it on my desktop. after unzip it, i get a folder named DBM. I cut and paste it in mods directory of my med2 installation folder, in my case "E:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods".
- Rebalanced squallor and pubblic order.
- Rebalanced general economy.
- Rebalanced money bonus for ia and malus for player
- Rebalanced experience and morale bonus from building
- Reworked the armour upgrade system
- Removed Senate at start time. Now it's an emergent faction.
- Hellenistic reform happen randomly between turns 50-66
- Marian reform happen randomly between turns 100-111
- Augustan reform happen randomly between turns 130-141
CAMPAIGN MAP MODELS
- Different models for King, Heir and general
- Replaced old wagon trade model of riczu (5000 poly) with a low poly version (1000 poly). This should reduce the lag on campaign map
- Replaced vanilla ship trade model (258 poly) with a low poly version of riczu for classical era (650 poly).
- Replaced medieval siege icon model of riczu (12400 poly) with a low poly version of riczu for classical era (4900 poly). This should reduce the lag on campaign map
- Replaced old blockade icon model of riczu (9600 poly) with a low poly version (1600 poly). This should reduce the lag on campaign map
- Removed population deduction when recruiting
- Removed collegium pontificium script
- Removed Clientes script
- Modified Roman Civil War script (at start-time the Senate is a guild, lately appears as emergent faction)
Improved script code to speed up the end turn time
- Macedonian Peltast with Spear (helmet, linothorax, hoplon, spear)
- Macedonian Peltast with Sword (helmet, linothorax, hoplon, sword)
- Macedonian Agema (helmet, linothorax, pelte, sarissa)
- Ptolemaic Peltast with Spear (helmet, linothorax, hoplon, spear)
Ptolemaic Peltast with Sword (helmet, linothorax, hoplon, sword)
- Ptolemaic Agema (helmet, linothorax, pelte, sarissa)
- Paonian Light Cavalry (helmet , spear)
- Seleucid "hypaspist" with Spear (helmet, linothorax, hoplon, spear)
- Seleucid "hypaspist" with Sword (helmet, linothorax, hoplon, sword)
- Barbarian Levy Phalanx
- Barbarian Thureophoros
Nubian Levy Phalanx
- Nubian Thureophoros
- Indian Levy Phalanx
- Indian Thureophoros
- Steppe Levy Phalanx
- Steppe Thureophoros
- Arabs Heavy Swordman (chaimail, hellenistic helmet, thureos, sword, javelin)
- Axum Heavy Swordman (chaimail, hellenistic helmet, thureos, sword, javelin)
- Numidian Heavy Swordman (chaimail, hellenistic helmet, thureos, sword, javelin)
- Germanic Heavy Swordman (chaimail, gallic helmet, thureos, sword, javelin)
- Illyrian Heavy Swordman (chaimail, helmet, thureos, sword, javelin)
- Thracian Heavy Falxman(chaimail, helmet, thureos, romphaia, javelin)
- Iberic Scutati Spearman (shield, spear)
- Iberic Scutati Heavy Spearman (shield, spear, leather armour)
- Arab Tribesman (spearman)
- Arab Horse Archer
- Ligurian Skirmisher
- Ligurian Spearman
- Scordisci Sperman
- Scordisci Swordman
- Scordisci Heavy Swordman (chainmail)
- Cisalpine gallic spearman
- Cisapline gallic swordman
- Cisalpine gallic heavy swordman (chainmail)
- Carthaginian heavy spearman (chainmail)
- Armenian Iberian Medium Spearman (leather scale armour, helmet)
- Armenian Iberian Heavy Spearman (bronze scale armour, helmet)
OTHER MODEL CHANGES
- Indian Elephants are now bigger than african elephant
- Refactoring of sabeans units
- Hastati, principes, triari and equites recruitable only in italy.
- Marian legions recruitable only in italy and southern gaul
- Augustus Legions recruitable in all regions of roman empir at its maximum expansion
- Auxiliaries recruitable everywhere, except italy
- Pretorians only in rome
- Hellenistic factions
- Levy phalanx and thureophoros appearence based on area of recruitment.
- The area are : Steppe, India, Central Asia, North-Africa, Horn of Africa, Northern Shore of Mediterranean Sea, Northern Europe
- Macedonian and Ptolemaic can recruit the fourth level of phalanx, the agema. only one unit can be recruited.
- Bactrian can recruit cataphracts
- Other factions
- After augustus reform , arabs, axum, numidian, garamantes, germans, thracian and illyrians can recruit heavy swordman armed with javelin, sword, chainmail and helmet. These units aren't really historical, but they are a possible heavy infantry if that factions would had developed at more advanced level.
- Ligurian mercenaries recruitable in north-west italy and south-east france.
- Scordisci mercenaries recruitable near the Danube
- Gallic Cisalpine mercenaries recruitable in northern italy
- Socii Italici recruitable, as mercenaries , in central italy.
- Armenian Iberian Medium and Heavy Spearman recruitable only in Armenian Iberia.
- New formations from DarthRtw.
Player can used different BAI MOD already integrated (RBAI, XBAI, DARTHBAI) (Integration made by dbm team, dbm is not officially supported by these mods)
- Northern Interface from Finlander
- Roman Interface from Hyeratic
- Greek Interface from Sloan of MTWItalia
- Eastern Interface
- Unit Icons from Morfeasnikos
New Event Video and Pciture for romans (mainly from RTW Casus Belli)
- Neck of carthaginian militia town model
- Persian baliste invisible
- Secondary weapon floating for Han Mounted crossbow
- Silver Surfer for rebel captain
- Paphlagonian spearman throw their pilum backwards
- Pontic Chalkaspides has problem with face texture
- Greek Thorakites hasn't sprite
- Javelinman Floating on Indian Elephant
- African Elephant floating on the ground
- Armenian Legionaires throw their pilum backwards
- Numidian Legionaires throw their sword
- Iberic Bodyguard and Schytian heavy cavalry haven't shield value in their stats
- Macedonian Later Cavalry now throw their javelins
- Macedonian Tarantine Cavalry now throw their javelins
- Some thracians units hasn't shield value in their stats
- Cappadocian skirmishers have wrong description.
- Agrigentum battle, ia has problem with wooden spike
- Fixed many minor problems of unit models for axum, thracians and iberic
- Settlement On BattleMap
- Undestroyable and/or uncrossable wall/gate for Roman City
- Two side of Barbarian Town not attackable
- CTD when destroy tower of greek large city.
- Campaign map
- Ptolemaic Phalanx switched with Ptolemaic Machimoi
- Landbrige too close to cities
- Victory conditions for rebels
- Resource Icon wrong for salt
- Roman Auxiliary cavalry not recruitable
- Carthaginian Siege engine are persian
- A faction can request to became federati while a bellum is ongoing against it
- Marian legion recruitable only in Noricum, Siria and Narbonense.
- Legio III Augusta recruitable in Carthagine before augustus reform
- Natural Disaster message popup without the corresponding building
- Icon bug
- Retrain cost too high
- Seleucid barracks give access to silvershield earlier than to the normal phalanx
- Spqr give legions as reward before marian reform
- No spy and murders in Carthagine
- Roman city returned to Spqr haven't garrison
- Some building give Weapon+2 (maximum is 1)
- Noricum faction summary is misleading
- Clientes request text contains mistake
- The name of money isn't unified
- Cretan archers aren't available as AoR on Crete
- Corsica city under the ground on campaign map
- Added which script are in each campagin
- Fixed CTD of pontifex election when spqr lost its last city.
- Wall and gate return intact after destruction animation for eastern large city (btw, they can be crossed)
- when your ladders and towers get to the wall, sometime the unit attached to them get stucked. Simply, select the unit and click on the wall.
- On campaign map, some voices are from med 2.