Fixes Many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay.
As I have promised, I may have retired but I will offer DarthMod Empire Patches that will include several gameplay optimizations and launcher fixes.
This patch comes with an automated installer, fixes many DME Launcher issues and enhances the gameplay.
It is save game compatible (you have to set the launcher to the previous campaign state to load successfully a campaign) although the new CAI changes may affect undesirably your ongoing campaign. In any case it is advised to upgrade DarthMod Empire with this patch.
You have to have installed the Full Version of DarthMod Empire v8.0. Find all download mirrors here: DarthMod Empire v8.0 Platinum Download.
Open the Launcher and do Settings->Enable Restore Mode->Close Launcher->Select "Vanilla Ready" It is necessary to do this so to be sure that all the gameplay files get updated correctly. (If you have previously installed Beta Update 20+ you do not need to do this procedure).
Run the Patch installer and follow the instructions (they are similar to the installer of the full version).
You can now play DarthMod Empire as previously with all the newest enhancements and fixes by using the launcher and re-applying your preferred settings.
What it includes
- Different mass settings for even more realistic melees.
- Better musket accuracy balance. Muskets are now more lethal at close range.
- Dagestan overprotectorship bug should now be toned down significantly or completely fixed. (Needs a new campaign to test). Generally the region trades should be much less.
- The AI should attack/defend/make musket lines more effectively.
- Morale tweaks. Morale much more dynamic.
- Combat animation mechanics tweaks. The melees should now be much more brutal and good looking.
- Some Unit Balance costs/stats changes (corrected some old vanilla clone units like the Cuirassiers that were exactly the same for French and for all other nations).
- Major CAI tweaks & improvements. CAI should repair ships more frequently and all issues that have been reported have been addressed (Needs testing). Now also tries to disband unnecessary units. Also it should research military technology more (Needs to follow the installation instructions above to see this effect in x2,x4,x8 Technology rates).
- AI Cavalry will not attack so prematurely or at least this undesirable situation is less frequent.
- Formation AI improvements.
- Ottoman turn lag issue possible fix.
- Land and Naval autocalc should be much improved.
- Artillery and Mortars less accurate.
- All the necessary Launcher HotFixes that husserlTW has offered according to your helpful feedback:
- Added a new option in Settings menu where the player can choose if the game will start automatically by launcher or manually by player. If the manual way is selected then the launcher will make all the necessary mod preparation and finally will prompt the player to start the game. Leave the launcher open and start the game using vanilla shortcut or exe.
Note: If you select the manual way, you can access the final user script from file menu since the launcher will already have created it. I strongly recommend to keep using the Edit Script utility from launcher menu to add your mods and edit the final script only to try to load the packs in different priority. Anyway edit manually the user script only if you know very well what you are doing!
- Added a disable option for fonts mod.
- Added Large Address Aware utility in Utilities menu pointed by c.ryo in DME Sub-Mods forum.
- Added a Light Unit Editor in Utilities menu, I've made to help players make some basic changes in units. If there is another usual change that you like to do just post it to include that in a next update.
- Fixed a misspell of 13 Colonies save file name, that prevents the file to be copied in the Empire saves folder.
- Fixed the error "On Click: Line 325..."
- Fixed an error when the Off is selected as an Audio/Drum option.
- Fixed the handover bug for the american protectorates in saved x40 campaigns.
- Launcher checks if there are critical critical game folders and if not it creates them.
- Blue Arrows option fixed.
- 8.0.1 Mod version indication in Launcher added.
- Spanish Language support added.
- Corrected Increased Deployment Mod not working.
- Other minor fixes.
- Replaced the help file that invoked Antivirus alerts (wrongly) with a simple PDF. Once you start the Launcher it willl make sure to delete any trace of it automatically.
PS. To be sure check that the DME_darthmod.pack file has date 20/3/2013. If yes then the patch is installed correctly.You can find the file in the games data folder usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data