It was pointless to resist... The DarthMod series of Mods strikes back to destroy all gameplay inconsistencies of the original game and offer you better AI, realistic battles and unequaled challenge.
The DarthMod Empire Commander (DM) is closer to vanilla and improves the Gameplay & AI.
This is the best mod for Empire: Total War as reviewed by thousands of fans.
There are two versions:
The DarthMod Empire Commander (DM)
is closer to vanilla and improves the Gameplay & AI.
The DarthMod Ultimate Commander (DMUC), in addition, includes
hundreds of new units,
dozens of graphics & sound mods
and many selectable gameplay features.
Witness now... Empire: Total War
as the game it should have been... from the beginning.
Recommended gameplay difficulty by DARTH VADER:
Hard Battle (More dynamic morale thresholds and killing rates for both sides AI+Human)
Hard Campaign (Good balance between AI aggression and Diplomacy pacification)
-DM and DMUC are compatible with the latest CA Patch 1.6, all DLC, including the WarPath campaign.
-DM and DMUC have increased unit sizes which vary per faction and unit type, creating a challenge for a true Strategist, as the game becomes a real battle simulation with thousands of troops!
-DM and DMUC include:
* Optimized Land battle system (Musket lethal in short range but not in long range, extra balance for all units per faction, penetration and havoc in melees, powerful cavalry, more difficult AI by indirect methods and more)
* Optimized Naval battle system (Ships turn and handle realistically, each faction has a special battle character, realistic tactical battle AI by indirect methods and more)
* Optimized Campaign AI (More reasonable diplomacy, energetic usage of armies and fleets, unique AI character for each country and generally more challenge)
Synoptic Differences between the versions:
-DM is recommended for those who want a mod that is not changing radically vanilla but is improving its gameplay.
-DMUC includes the maximum of features and it is a complete overhaul:
* Countless new units.
* Generally about 100 included graphics & sound submods as well as more optional gameplay features.
* For more information read Link to central DMUC thread.