Are you tired of Vanilla ignoring the larger part of history? Luxembourg conquering the world by 1941? Canadian naval invasions ruining your dreams of Lebensraum? Then this mod is for you.
By improving and balancing the base game, Darkest Hour offers an experience that is not only more historically accurate but is also immersive and enjoyable at the same time.
Playing as a minor is more challenging and therefore World conquests are even harder and more difficult to achieve!
Yet, the mod still allows for plausible alternate history. When historical plans are available these will be used, whether they were either proposed or partially implemented. In other cases the principles of the past guide content creation.
The mod can be found here : Steamcommunity.com
[h1]We currently have implemented the following: [/h1]
- Revised national focus trees for majors and minors (Only Germany is currently done)
- Reworked and tweaked technologies, extended to cover the 60s
- Adding new modifiers to reflect the superiority and inferiority of certain countries, for example, The German “Blitzkrieg”, British “Our Finest Hour”, and the Soviet “Great Patriotic war” and much more ...
- Tons of new events to improve immersion and flavor. Including the Reichskommisariat events both historical, -
planned, and plausible ones North, East and West of Germany to fulfill all your Lebensraum needs.
- Re-balanced the weather and terrain modifiers making it even more meaningful.
- World Wars aren’t meant to be done in a couple years.
- Rebalanced everything from tanks to planes to ships and manpower for a more authentic and realistic army composition.
- Limit the Division spam for both the player and the AI thus reducing the amount of lag in the mid and late game.
- New custom sprites for air and ground assets, Naval ones will be done in the incoming patches.
- New loading screens and more than 75 new loading screen quotes, more will be added in the future
Keep in mind that the mod is still a Work in progress.
[h1]Darkest Hour uses components from the following mods: [/h1]
- Map Nerd by Yakez
- More unit levels vanilla range
- Realistic Air Missions (LITE) by Aerodil
[h1]Q : Is this mod somehow connected to the Darkest Hour a Hearts of Iron game? [/h1]
A : Not really, except for the fact that it will be heavily based off it in terms of events and flavor.
[h1]Q : Are you going to add new focus trees/ countries/ tech trees? [/h1]
A : Yes we will. I'd be great if we could get more people aboard to help code the designs and plans we have.
[h1]Q : What's the scope of this mod?[/h1]
A : Enhancing vanilla, balancing everything from the equipment to the units to the tech and focus trees, adding more flavor and depth to the game especially inner politics.
[h1]Q : Why does Germany use the German Empire flag?[/h1]
A : We couldn't include the swastika flag in the mod for our German players, However, you can get the uncensored sub mod here Steamcommunity.com.
[h1]Q : I found a bug, where shall I report it?[/h1]
A : Please do so in the "Known Bugs" thread.
[h1]Q : Can I use X in my mod?[/h1]
A : No, Everything was made for Darkest Hour and Darkest Hour only.
[h1]Q : Are you going to add more start dates? What about 1933?[/h1]
A : Possibly in the foreseeable future, as for the 1933 start date, probably not, Our scope is mainly 1936-1964.
[h1]Q : Why 1964 ?[/h1]
A : Ehhhh because 6+4=10.
I'd love to thanks:
- Kaser for his support throughout the different phases of this mod's development, from researching to designing to executing all of this.
- Andret for helping with the German NFT
- popkillerlight for helping with the Italian events
- Aeternall for working on the German NFT, hope he'll fix his code some day.
Wanna help us? Then come and join us on our dedicated discord server Here
Hello everyone, and welcome back to Dev Diary #2
Before we start, Darkest Hour reached 50k subscribers on the Steam workshop, on behalf of the entire Dev Team: Thank you guys for the continued support we wouldn’t be able to make it without you guys.
In the past few days, the Ideology system saw multiple changes, from the removal of Market Liberalism (It’s a sub-ideology of Conservatism) to the rework of some of the ideology’s icons and the addition of new sub-ideologies as you can see down below :
If you have any comments or suggestions on how we could improve the current layout, just let us know
Project Neptune was the codename of the massive overhaul of the current naval warfare system in HOI IV, we started with redoing the tech trees from scratch (based on the tech tree from the Darkest Hour full mod for HOI2) which means that the tree covers the entire 1885-1958 timeline covering around 75 years worth of naval development, we also decided to make custom GFX for British, US, Japanese and German vessels up until the Cold War.
We also had to rework every single Order of Battle (trust me, that wasn’t as fun as it seems xD) and so we ended up with overhauled fleets, fleets for countries like Ireland or Chile that for some reason don’t have any in ships in vanilla and so on so forth.
And Finally, Mevennos did an absolutely wonderful job with the naval stats, and so here are some things that have to be taken into consideration
Well, that’s gonna be all for today’s Dev Diary, expect new Updates posted more regularly soon until then here’s a Sneak peak of our new loading screens.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.