The Dark Angels stand first amongst the Space Marine Chapters, as they have done since their very inception as the I Legion. They are a proud Chapter, with traditions and rituals that date back to the earliest days of the Imperium of Man.
Dark Angels 2.6 Public Release for Soulstorm - One of the most secretive Space Marine chapters in existence, soon, they will arrive in the Kaurava system ...
This is the next version of the Dark Angels mod for SoulStorm.
Just unrar the archive in your SoulStorm folder, and select the mod from your in-game Mod Manager. Make a CLEAN Install of this latest version. DELETE previous versions.
You will also need to install (unrar the archives in your SS folder) the following mandatory mods:
Objective Points: Get It Here
FreeUI Mod: Get It Here
CHANGELOG (not quite accurate...)
- (Juicy update): On AI re-initiation (change players or save->load), the AI now keeps the same strategy, EVEN IF the branch research IS BEING built!
- Updated, so that in Battle Company to try and build ALL THREE Legendary heroes (each once, of course).
- Attachments code greatly re-worked. Made faster, and much more effective.
- Branch building placement made much safer for the Army (BaseBack).
- NEW CODE: General Vehicle Transportation code updated, to count the number of SLOTS each squad occupies when enters a transport. Upt to now (including dwai), the code counted ALL vehicles as if occupying ONE slot - which sometimes cases issues.
- Updated the landing/take-off method of the Thudnerhawk so that to use hen new abilities and NOT entrench. Code highly updated and optimised.
- TH now retreats to land and perform repairs, when severely damaged.
- Note: TH's transporting capabilities not coded yet. Requires a MAJOR effort, and I am reluctant to do it for "just one" squad (that appears in ONE of three branches). Prioritisation reasons, obviously. Will see about it in the future.
- Made some minor AI enhancements to the buildbasestrategy so he spans out HQs so they can be hidden and NOT only in start_pos which crowds too much (too many eggs in one basket).
- Ran some minor cleanup to the Tactics folder so its more clean and neat.
- Added Flag Capping and Teleport animations to both Azreal and Deathwing Knights' Watcher in the Dark units. Thank you Kekoulis!
- Added teleport anims to both Standard Apothecary and Standard Bearer. Thank you Kekoulis!
- Updated Flag Capping anim to the Deathwing Standard Bearer so it looks more consistent with other Bearers. Thank you Kekoulis!
- Updated Razorback's Multi Melta firing anim so it is sync'ed with the Melta FX stream. Thank you Kekoulis!
- Cover Icons: fixed for Both Watcher In the Dark units (Deathwing Knights and Azrael) and Sammael. Thank you Gambit!
- Fixed the missing game actions 'throw' and 'thrown_getup' for both Watchers in the Dark and the Rhino. Thank you Kekoulis!
- Added new icon by brother Corncob man!!
- Minor LUA cleanup in troops folder.
- Serious: Thunderhawk SCaR completely redesigned/rewritten. Highlights: NO MORE glitches. NO MORE disappearing/stuck THs, that land elsewhere after many secs. Support for infinite number of THs per race. Land/Takeoff buttons now with complete UCS (no more entrench/uproot). Shortcut button is still "E". Event warnings when something happens (when destroyed, or unable to land). Runs with 0 interval, as opposed to 1, of the previous code - but is AS fast (or faster). FAR less memory needs. Rule runs ONLY if necessary, and ends if no longer needed.
- Heroes SCaR code updated, to allow ALL THREE Battle Company legendary heroes to be fielded (each once, of course). Further optimised and made even faster. I managed to squeeze it to achieve as less calculations as possible to maximise performance. Guys, I do not think the two rules can be made any lighter...
- The project now requires FreeUI, so that to have the Devastators attachable. Excellent!
AE/Issues/Additions + Balance-related Fixes.
- (Serious) Battle Company: Now all 3 Legendary Heroes (Azrael, Asmodai, Ezekiel) can be requisitioned. Each ONCE, of course. This way, we get even more variety for the BC.
- The Knights' squad UCS now states they are limited to 1.
- Sore requirements issues regarding the Techmarine's 3 researches, fixed.
- Fixed MANY wrong KeyBindings. All clashes updated. Seems minor, but took me MUCH time to remedy - even with the help I got !
- Requirements visual update: There were some complaints about the inconsistency of non-disappearing squads when a certain branch is chosen that forbids them. Fixed. For example, Devastators and the Command Squad will now disappear for DW/RW. Previously, they were greyed.
- A bit more HPs (+200) given to the DarkShroud.
- Razorback was too weak with less HPs than the Rhino, and its role was nigh redundant. Now it has +200 hps more than Rhino (+400 hps boost).
- The Bike and Attack Bike Squadrons are now limited to 4, each.
- The Veterans squads are now cumulatively capped to 2 (you can get whatever combination of 2). Made the AI to build 1 + 1.
- Bikes Squadrons and Bike leaders are now transportable by the TH (only). Squadrons occupy 2 slots, leaders 1. DNs are still NOT transportable, even by the TH.
- The Devastators are now attachable.
- Devastator squads available are now 2 (it was cap 1). AI updated.
- Devastators start with 4 weapons available (it was 6), Veterans start with 2 (it was 4). And they both get +2 after a NEW research. ALL devastator weapons are capped 4. AI updated. Everything taken care of.
- DarkShroud now occupies 2 slots.
- Branch Buildings: All 3 are now cap 2 (they were cap 1). Didn't use any other restriction or limitation (like related to the HQ numbers), as it would not be balanced as you would be able to have 5 hqs, and thus 5 branch buildings with IMMENSE DS potential!!
- Branch Buildings: All branch buildings have now 3 "squad holding" slots each. AI updated.
- To build a 2nd branch building, a 2nd HQ is now required as well.
- Added Missiles ability to the Thudrehawk and GREATLY updated its overall mechanics. Have a look, it has a lot of work on it. Believe me.
- Thunderhawk's cannon was firing erratically. Someone mentioned it before, and I eventually managed to see it. Fixed.
- Increased the (visual) size of vehicles. (The LR was like a dwarf, compared to the TH...)
- Some more Icons' work.
- Countless other fixes that I forgot to write down. Sorry.
- Command Squad attachment limitation fixed via SCAR and updated in AE. Thank you Gambit!
- Predator Tank's top Pintle Gunner manner by a marine is turned side-ways facing to the right rather than straight ahead.
- Predator Tank's top Pintle Gunner manner by a marine now turns full 360 so as to face from all directions. This also impacts the Rhino's top Storm Bolter Pintle.
- Battle Branch's Command Apothecary missing Ranged Attack using Bolt Gun.
- LR Ares side flamestorm cannons do not fire on target when it is right in front of it. Only as it moves to its sides.
- Watcher in the Dark for Deathwing Knights - added dummy weapons to both melee and ranged weapons so it does not glitch during those actions.
- Ran cleanup removing all space_marines* and chaos* weapon names so whole project calls darkangels* naming convention. Also removed any calls to vanilla space marine researches (ie. Predator Lascannons).
- (FIXED) Deathwing Knights: 2 voices sets for squad and their Sergeant. FFE both WHEs for vocals (combat/damage/charge/die).
- (FIXED) DarkShroud: Voice set + abilities sounds. FFE whe for vocals by adding corrected Charge/Combat/Die speech paths to Land speeder DarkShroud (although they won't be used I find anyway but added them regardless).
- Updated the speech path for krak_grenades so the ability will now call da_krak_grenades so its a standard DA speech path for abilities.
- Added new voice sets for the future: Ravenwing Black Knights, Black Knights Sergeant, Black Knights Command Squad - Apothecary, Black Knights Command Squad - Standard Bearer, Black Knights Command Squad - Champion,
Ravenwing Nephilim Jet Fighter, Ravenwing Dark Talon, and Ravenwing Land Speeder Vengeance.
- Updated all spottings (vanilla and DA) to include the new faction editions (ie. Legio Custodes and Alien Hunters) + updated eventspeech.lua to 1.7.
Original and Current Team
Morat - Co-Lead/3D/Textures/Music/Tester/etc
ravenmorpheus - Co-Lead/Textures/Tester/etc
Thudmeizer - Co-Lead/Code/AI/UCS/2D/Sounds/Voice Recruitment/Post-Processing/Tester/etc
Greenphearo - 3D/OE
RavenwingRetribution - 2D/Icons
jONES1979 - 3D/FX/OE/Tester
Karandras - 3D/OE
WhiteShield - Textures
Skinnie - 3D/FX/OE
Goldenhorde - Voice Scripts/Tester/War40k Fluff/Codex Guru/etc
Brother-Captain Vesuvious - 3D
starfox444 - Tester
Kontuz - Code
Madan - Textures
Snackov - Post-Processing Voices
SPECIAL THANKS: To the FoK team for the use of some of their absolutely beyond-magnificent models!
SPECIAL THANKS to brother Fedor_Russia for his excellent Darkshroud model !
SPECIAL THANKS to brother Kekoulis for some MAJOR model fixes and updates!
SPECIAL THANKS to brother Corncobman for our new icons!
External Voice Artists
Techmarine -- Damien
Servitor -- Michael
Scout Marine Squad -- Michael
Scout Marine Squad Sergeant -- Michael
Space Marine Squad -- Jai
Space Marine Squad *SPOTTING VOICES* -- Jai
Space Marine Squad Sergeant -- Jai
Assault Squad -- Jai
Assault Squad Sergeant -- Jai
Devastator Squad -- Shaharris
Devastator Squad Sergeant -- Shaharris
Ravenwing Bike Squadron (Close Combat) -- Donovan
Ravenwing Bike Squadron (Close Combat) Sergeant -- Donovan
Ravenwing Attack Bike Squad -- Donovan
Ravenwing Attack Bike Squad Sergeant -- Donovan
Deathwing Terminator Squad -- Dreux
Deathwing Terminator Squad Sergeant -- Dreux
Deathwing Assault Terminator Squad -- Dreux
Deathwing Assault Terminator Squad Sergeant -- Dreux
Deathwing Terminators Kill Team -- Chris Thurman
Deathwing Kill Team -- Cody
Deathwing Kill Team Sergeant -- Cody
Veteran Tactical -- Tyler
Veteran Tactical Sergeant -- Tyler
Veteran Assaults -- Tyler
Veteran Assaults Sergeant -- Tyler
Command Squad Leader -- Richard
Company Champion -- Tyler
Apothecary (Power Armour/Bike/Terminator) -- Dreux
Standard Bearer (Power Armour/Bike/Terminator) -- Calavera
Interrogator Chaplain (Power Armour/Bike/Terminator) -- Dreux
Epistolary Librarian (Power Armour/Bike/Terminator) -- Dreux
Company Master -- Calavera
Deathwing Company Champion -- Chris Thurman
Ravenwing Master Bike/Landspeeder -- Michael
Azrael -- Rick Jordan
Azrael's Companion - Watcher In the Dark -- Chris Thurman
Ezekiel -- Calavera
Asmodai -- Shaharris
Belial -- Monty
Sammael -- Christopher
Rhino -- Michael
Razorback -- Michael
Ravenwing Tempest -- Calavera
Ravenwing Land Speeder -- Calavera
Dreadnought -- Dreux
Mortis Dreadnought -- TagDaze
Venerable Dreadnought -- Shaharris
Vindicator -- Dreux
Whirlwind -- Tyler
Predator -- Tyler
Land Raider Ares -- TagDaze
Thunderhawk -- Michael