Cosmonaut is a Half-Life Two: Episode Two mod that recreates the style of game-play from the Half-Life series whilst providing a variety of locations to explore as you encounter Combine Soldiers, Antlions, and a wide range of other enemies. The mod sticks to the formula that worked in Half-Life Two in the hope that it is fun to play, and brings about many nostalgic memories. The mod is set on earth with a very loose premise. You play as a cosmonaut who has had to abandon their space station, but upon arriving back on earth, discover that the place has been overrun by the combine. What happens next? Do you give in to the Combine army, or do you resist and use your skills to find some way of escaping? The mod was initially made for a mapping challenge that took place on RunThinkShootLive.com, called NostalgiaVille. After the challenge had been released, the current maps where updated and new maps where created to give some closure to the mod.
THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED. Please download the latest version. I would like to thank Peredice, the mod leader of "Lost Industry 2" for helping me with this update by optimizing the maps and making adjustments. Thanks!
THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED. Please download the latest version.
I would like to thank Peredice, the mod leader of "Lost Industry 2" for helping me with this update by optimizing the maps and making adjustments. Thanks!
- Heavily optimized the starting area to make frame rates better. (Thanks Peredice)
- Set the starting health value to 35 instead of 34. (Thanks HoodlumScraggy 1)
- Fix an issue when the cops following you would block the door making it never unlock. (Thanks Vizzys)
- Completely overhauled the escape sequence. The player has no risk of being shot while trying to solve the pipe puzzle.
- Removed the torture sounds as there was too much confusion surrounding it.
- Made the wall in the pipe/barrel room thicker and adjusted the lighting origin. (Thanks Eyaura)
- Made the wall in the in vent room thicker. (Thanks Stanley_ros)
- Fixed an instance where metro cops could be seen disappearing from a torture room. (Thanks Lucia)
- Fixed door in that opened too far and clipped the wall.
- Clipped the door in garage that the 2 cops run into as the player could get stuck in there.
- Removed the Easter egg where the player could break the window in the garage.
- Made the elevator drop down water deeper. (Thanks HoodlumScraggy 1)
- Tweaked generator puzzle to give the player more options. (Thanks Peredice)
- Added an info_lighting to the screens cabinet in the initial rocket screen room. (Thanks Eyaura)
- Removed some props in the first outside section to make movement easier.
- Removed 6th metro cop from the canals section as it was in a silly place!
- The cops in the underground section, behind the blocked up door now walk away once the manhacks have entered the room.
- Removed pallet that obstructed the player’s movement.
- Made the water in pipe puzzle slightly higher and the floor lower to make deeper water.
- Removed creepy invisible dead citizens in super secret vent. (Thanks Lucia)
- Added a few more ammo pickups. (Thanks Vrabo)
- Added a sound cue to the wooden plank in warehouse as a hint it can be broken. Too many players were backtracking to find barrels to stack.
- Changed the wooden pipe planks to metal in warehouse to avoid confusion.
- Removed the citizens from one train carriage.
- Blocked up stupid looking area making it inaccessible to the player. (Unless they pile up props to get over it.)
- Raised the damage on the electrified water puzzle at the end of the map. (Thanks IMakeLevels)
- Moved the plug socket above the door to keep environmental continuity. (Thanks Lucia)
- Removed button pressed sound from a pointless decoration button. (Thanks Lucia)
- Removed glitchy melon.
- Made the doors to the health charger and HEV charger room closable.
- Ensured the 2 soldiers having a conversation acknowledge the player when the player moves toward them. (Thanks Strontvlieg)
- Enabled the motion on the dumpsters in the street section.
- Added a railing to the mine elevator. (Thanks Eyaura)
- Shifted ladder at the start to the middle to accommodate the new railings.
- Made the bar at the first door wooden so it can be punted and broken (Thanks Klems)
- Remove a few lockers that had nothing in them.
- Removed boiler room at bottom of staircase.
- Widened doors during elevator/antlion finale so the antlions can attack the player in the sheds. (Thanks Peredice)
- Removed some scenery to improve frame rates and heavily optimized the map. (Thanks Peredice)
- Removed wooden crosses from the generator puzzle.
- Made it possible to do the generator puzzle in reverse as I am too lazy to rework it! (Thanks CW3D)
- Fixed buttons on initial elevator having an effect on the assets even when the elevator is moving. (Thanks Lucia)
- Fixed various texture bugs.
- Removed fast zombie from the western warehouse.
- Clipped the infamous “difficult ladder”. (Thanks to everyone who pointed it out)
- Remove "Oliver the Gnome" from conveyor belt. (Thanks Lurker)
- Removed fire from final warehouse as it was not necessary and did not make sense as the character that lit it, got cut a while ago.
- Added blocking damage on the warehouse elevator (Thanks JanKaszanka)
- Remove barnacles for the underground so the mod will no longer crash if the zombie is picked up.
- Fixed various texture bugs.
- Added wall to the end of the sniper bridge so as not to mislead the player.
- Fixed electric puzzle in the final arena where the plug would teleport out of sight of the play in certain areas.
- Added a gate to the bottom of the launch structure so the player does not run up there prematurely. (Thanks Lucia)
- Changed some doors that did not open to decoration doors to form consistency. (Thanks Melc311)
- Adjusted the amount of pick-ups in each level to make hard mode harder that is was.
- Tried to give a few hints around the locations of Gnomes.