It has been almost four months of silence, so we decided to make an announcement, to tell you what's going on on the mod. But rest assured, as usual, we haven't stopped working on the mod regardless of our lack of announcements.
We still have a lot of work on this front, but slowly things are getting done:
* T-60: As we have commented many times, now the T-90 is replaced by a T-60 light tank. It is a more solid unit for the Soviets than the previous one and there is more to it, but it will be a surprise until you play the new version. The texture is not final.
* T-34 variants: We are close to finish this new model, hopefully it will be ready by January thanks to the efforts of DMz and Beefy^. As you know, both will have access to cage armour (the requirements are still up to discussion), the flamethrower upgrade and will still be able to carry an infantry squad (unless you purchase the cage armour, then it can't carry anyone).
* SU-85 & SU-100: This model still needs a bit of work, but we expect it will be done before we launch the Steam version. It will feature the old cage armour upgrade (most likely it's requirements will match with T-34's upgrade) and it will be able to transport infantry just like the T-34 units (except when you get cage armour).
* 75 mm leichtes Infanteriegeschütz 18 (aka leIG 18): Burro has made a new model for this weapon, and it will be properly animated by Walki.
Thanks to the feedback given, we have tweaked Ostheer and Soviets and the balance is better... it will be up to you guys to judge that when playing though. It really helps us when balance issues are discussed in the public section, so we are looking forward to more balance discussions in the near future.
Also, I would like to ask, if possible, for players to submit PvP replays of Ostheer vs Commonwealth. This is to improve the balance between those factions; Brits are known to be disliked by a lot of the CoH community, however, as they are part of CoH and Relic worked to balance them against their factions, it is our duty to make these scenarios more balanced.
We are not dead on that matter, if you probably think it has past a lot of time since we were greenlit and we haven't been added into the store. Perhaps you lost hope because The Great War 1918 was the first mod released even if Eastern Front was the first mod greenlit. But the problem is, mods don't run correctly in Steam at the moment and it is what Relic is working to get right. Thanks to their support we have hope that soon this problem will be fixed and we will release Eastern Front on Steam. We still stand on the decision to not release the mod on Steam until these problems are fixed because it will only cause troubles to every other mods around.
In other words, it means we are really close to get on Steam, so stay tunned!
4) New Patch ??
We are still working and discussing about when we could release the next patch and what additional content will have, and by additional content we mean the first reward tree for Ostheer. We are still working upon a few suggestions and discussions made about some problems we had for the current public version, so, if you want to know what we are discussing feel free to check our forums.
5) MOTY 2014
The time goes on, and we are again at the last month of the year, so, it is time to vote comrades! Last time we got the 4th. position, let's climb to the top!
If it is the first time you hear of the MOTY (Mod Of The Year) event, it is a yearly event where users vote for their favorites mods to contend for the title of MOTY, this contest is divided in two parts to make the more popular mods prevail:
- Vote on the top 100 mods: In the first stage only these most popular mods will pass.
- Vote for the top 10 mods: Once a mod pass the top 100 part, the next step is to win the top 10!
In order to vote for Eastern Front to achieve the top 100, click here and vote clickling the "VOTE FOR THIS MOD" button as it is displayed here:
6) New Event Manager
At last but not least, we are proudly to announce a new member of the crew, who will be working on orginizing events and posting articles for Eastern Front, his name is Floki.
If you are part of our Steam group of Eastern Front, you would have noticed events being announced since the last weekend, so expect we become a bit more active than before in our interactions with the community. If you are not, feel free to join us!
That's all for the moment, but stay tunned for more news in the coming weeks!
Thanks for your support,
Archaic Entertainment Team