Eastern Front is a free mod for Company of Heroes. Following the ethos of mimicking a Relic Entertainment expansion pack, Eastern Front has succeeded in adding two full new factions, the Soviet Red Army and the German Ostheer, packed with unique and exciting units to the existing armies - a feat never before achieved in the Company of Heroes world.

Forum Thread
about IS-3 (Games : Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts : Mods : Company of Heroes: Eastern Front : Forum : Discussion : about IS-3) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 18 2012 Anchor

I use modstudio and check the data of IS3, then I found a...say, a mistake about IS-3
The HP of IS-3 is 1250(In comparison, tiger I is 1064 and kingtiger is 2000) and the damage of D25(IS-3's cannon) is 165(in comparison, tiger I is 137.5 and kingtiger is 165)

what I want to say is, I think IS-3's armor should be at least as good as kingtiger, but its main cannon damage shouldn't be that much as actually D25 is howitzer, not at-gun
so, it would be more fair if IS-3's HP is 2000(equar to kingtiger) and cannon damage is between 137.5 and 165(say, 145?150?) which is better that tiger I but worse than tiger II

Oct 19 2012 Anchor

That's not an error that you found there. It is indeeded mainly because of balance reasons (we aren't that accurate when it comes to Realism).

Oct 19 2012 Anchor

Walki wrote: That's not an error that you found there. It is indeeded mainly because of balance reasons (we aren't that accurate when it comes to Realism).

I understand...but I think increase the HP of IS3 while decrease its damage won't affect balance that much? IS3 is a one-time unit like kingtiger, and now it just haas the same HP as later but damage is lowewr, I think it's still Wehrmacht which you may need to concern about balance...

anyway, EF is an awesome mod...I love it more that more than any mods else, it's just a suggestion...you guys have done a wonderful job!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.