!THIS SUBMOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DEVELOPERS OF STAR WARS CONQUEST! However, its publishment has been approved by them.
Link to the original mod on which this submod is based on: Moddb.com
Link to our Discord channel
So, what is this mod actually?
This mod, is an submod/partial conversion of Star Wars Conquest, changing the Era the mod plays in from Galactic Civil War Era, to Clone Wars Era. This mod started over 2 years ago as my personal submodification, that was supposed to be far smaller in content. Over time, i started liking modding, and started learning more. Slowly, the amount of utterly new content in the mod rose, and quality improved. Other members of the community and in general fans of the project have joined me, assisisting in creation and even going as far as providing new content for it. I can not thank you guys enough for it.
So what is different?
As a newcomer to this mod, you would find the galaxy as much more dangerous place to wander as a new character. Bandit parties are vastly larger, and many of them use speeders to swiftly get around. They can easily overwhelm smaller parties and even defeat faction patrols occasionally. It is unwise to straightforward try and raise an army, for the players first goal would be to raise enough money to be able to keep up this army. Fight in arenas, take bounty missions, trade. To help players to a faster start, they typically start the game with a few merchandise items.
Empire and Rebels are gone, replaced by Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems. Hutt Cartel has changed least of all the factions, but its army has seen some changes.
Armies of Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems are made out of Phase II Clones and Droids instead of humans. Well, clones in practise are humans but... yeah.
Weaponry has been expanded, Most blasters have higher damage.
Both sides have their generals drawn from a mix of Legends and Canon, i understand that some may dislike this, but we cant please everyone anyways.
Mapicons for Imperial and Rebel Spacecrafts have been changed to fit better for the new factions. For Confederates there are such ships as Munificent and Providence, Republic has such as Venator and Acclamator.
Death Star is gone, obviously it was not built yet. It is replaced by Endor Battlestation.
Clones are a playable race, with custom sounds for taking damage and dying, thanks to Blackfalcon501. They replace Tusken race. Sandpepole no longer roam the galaxy, they have been replaced with bandits. Similar grim fate has befallen Jawa parties, theyve been replaced by wandering bandit droid parties.
Some maps have been altered, especially cities have been changed to fit better for sieges. Worthy of noting are changes to Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Sarapin, Mustafar, Felucia, Naboo, Rhen Var (Manaan and Rhen Var were swapped with one another).
This is not all however, worth mentioning would be that there is also
- Music and sound replacers.
- Lightsabers have been visually remade.
- New mercenaries. In some cases troops have been replaced since their slots were needed.
- A lot of new animations, incluiding death, melee, shooting and idle poses and more
- Changes to Sith (now Darksiders) and Jedi.
- In newer versions player can hire troops from both ancient Republic's military, aswell as Sith Empire of old. These troops in question are mostly heavily armored ones, such as Sith Eradicators and troopers, Havoc squad fighters and armored Jedi.
- Some force powers have new meaningful visual and physical effects, that are however limited by the engine and lack of understanding in the usage of Module System.
Now, Kind thanks for the following community members for their assistance during this project
SernisThausten - Helped majorly with the new Phase II troopers, has provided help in various other tasks too
FooledTrooper- Secondary modeler
Blackfalcon501- Provided much of new sounds
Corbul- Provided the storyline texts for 2 new companions of the mod
TapAtoLive- Made much oedits to troops and generals, also provided some sounds
BrettCM06- Released videos of this mod on his Youtube gaming channel in attempt to raise awareness about this mod
And not to forget Swyter , Thanks to him, this mod could exist.
And finally, Credits to those whose resources have been used.
Mod is fully based on Star Wars Conquest mod , which means that their whole dev team deserves credit for their efforts.
Dariels OS Star Wars Resource pack
Bear Force II Developer Artturis shields
Bear Force II Developer Highlanders Magnaguards and Electrostaff
Occasional advice from Bear Force Lead Developer BNS Marko and lead 3d artist Exima
Most of the menu pictures and some other pictures used in the mod i found from internet , and could not locate sources. If you can find something that you made in the mod, come forth to claim your credit.
So, i guess this is hello, and goodbye at the same. Truthfully, i shouldve seen the writing on the wall and do this long ago. But i always imagined id go back and update it. Until i no longer wanted to. Over the past 2 years, not much work has been done on this module, in fact im not sure when i even tested anything in it for the last time. It is for all intents and purposes, dead. Development has ceased and doesnt look like there'd be anyone to carry on.
A few reasons as to why this has happened
1. My own, shifted interests. I started working on this submod back in 2016, when i had just begun modding. It was new and exciting then, but that was then, 4 years ago.
2. Issues and inability to solve them. SWC itself was always notorious for just, not quite working for some. This hasnt changed, and certainly not gotten any better with this mod, in fact, the opposite probably. Despite numerous attempts on finding solutions and helping people, more often than not, there was no solution to be found.
3. Outdated and limited engine. People may not always realize how much differences there are between Warband and old MB, sometimes these are small but key differences, that limit what can be done and make things much harder. This has majorly contributed to my uninterest on continuing the project.
4. Limitations of working on a submod. Mount and Blade mods are done with a set of files than contain all the crucial and moddable info concerning parties, troops, items, scenes, etc. These files are then run through a compiler, that converts them into files that the ENGINE can read, but humans cant really, as its utter gibberish to our eyes. As the source code wasnt out when the project started, all our work was based on Compiled files, which can be only limitedly modded. It is too late to change that anymore, and this has severly restricted what we could even do.
Before anyone thinks that im just listing excuses here, dont. These are not THE reasons as to why the project has ceased development. these are CONTRIBUTING reasons to it. To put it plain and simple, no-one wants to continue and thats it.
So, its goodbye then. May the force be with you, for i shall not.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.