Instructions to properly install The Ultimate Universe v2.2 for Star Trek Legacy.
Step 1: First you need a Clean Stock copy of Star Trek Legacy.
One of the easiest ways to get a known good clean copy of Legacy is to get this follow these instructions:
1. First we either delete or rename the existing copy of Star Trek Legacy. To do so, either Rename (if you want to keep that copy) or Delete (if you don’t want to keep it) your existing "\Star Trek Legacy\" folder". The default location of this folder can be one of two places typically depending if you are running a 32bit or 64bit Operating System.
32bit - C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Star Trek Legacy\
64bit - C:\Program Files (x86) \Bethesda Softworks\Star Trek Legacy\
It may be different if you happen to not install Star Trek Legacy to the Default folder initially.
Next Insert the Star Trek Legacy Dvd and start the installer. When it asks, choose the "Repair" option. That will automatically reinstall Star Trek Legacy to the folder it was installed to originally. If “Repair” is not an option, then your computer doesn’t know it had it previously installed (that’s assuming you did have it previously installed), then you can just install it from scratch. You now have a clean fresh Stock copy of Legacy to work with to install UU 2.2 into.
3. At this point you can optionally install/reinstall the Legacy 1.1 and Legacy 1.2 patches. If you install either patch nacelles will not break off ships when the engines are damaged, but some various things do work better such as the "5" key and the Energy Acollation control. I personally prefer to have the breaking engines/nacelles effect in the 1.0 exe. Optionally if you “copy” the Legacy 1.0 legacy.exe to “legacy1.exe” before installing 1.1 and 1.2, the UUTools has a button to swap between it to launching legacy1.exe (v1.0) and legacy.exe (v1.2) giving you the best of both worlds. Remember you must copy/rename it before installing 1.1 or 1.2 or legacy1.exe will not be there.
If you are installing UU2.2 into this install and want Legacy 1.2, you do not have to install the Legacy 1.1 patch. While 1.2 does not include all of the 1.1 patch files, UU overwrites all the files that are included in 1.1 anyways.
Step2: Now we are ready to install The Ultimate Universe mod itself.
Take special care that each of the 3 installers are installed to your \Star Trek Legacy\ folder.
One of the UU 2.0 parts does not properly recognize if you have a 64bit os and tries to install to \Program Files\ instead of \Program Files (x86)\ while the other half of 2.0 does properly goto the x86 folder. The UU2.2 Update (Build 2) tries to install to \Bethsda Softworks\ instead of \Bethesda Softworks\ (Missing second “e” in Bethesda)
- Download and install UU 2.0 Part 1.
- Download and install UU 2.0 Part 2.
- Download and install UU 2.2 Update.
- Optionally you can install our XI Pack for UU 2.2 as well. If you choose to install it, install it LAST.
Ultimate Universe 2.0 Part 1 of 2
Ultimate Universe 2.0 Part 2 of 2
Ultimate Universe 2.2 Update (Build 2)
CJG XI Pack for UU2.x (Build 2)