The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Chitan is inspired by Hong Kong gangster cinema, primarily John Woo's work.
The main features are:
- Customizable characters. Customize everything from your character's appearance to what weapons and equipment they carry.
- Mixed Akimbo: You'll be able to hold any two weapons at once. About 30 weapons are planned for the first release. Weapon types will be: Pistols, Sub Machine Guns, Rifles, Explosives and Melee.
- Equipment and Addons: Optional weapon addons such as silencers and laser sights will be available. Equipment will be things like medikits, Kevlar etc.
- Vehicles: Expect drive-by shootings and hit and runs. Currently 5 Different vehicle types are planned. (Confirmed: civilian 4 seater, police 4 seater, civilian 1 seater motorbike)
- Martial Arts: You'll be able to fight unarmed or use a variety of traditional Chinese and Japanese martial arts weapons. The Martial Arts system will be similiar to a 2D Fighter, but with more flexibility. You'll be able to pick a real world martial arts style to use (eg. Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai Boxing, Drunken Boxing, Southern Mantis, Wing Chun, etc).
- Martial Arts Weapons: These will fall into 6 different class types. Each class will have its own attacks and animations. (Confirmed classes: sword, staff)
- Stunts: You'll be able to perform lots of evasive stunts such as wallruns, dives, flips and rolls.
- Special Effects: We plan to have some very unique special effects during firefights that will drastically change how you play the game. Do not expect any slow-motion/bullet-dodging in Chitan, we're more creative then that.
- Plot Driven Maps: Each map you play on will have a script that will tie into the main game plot. You'll be asked to pick a side to try and influence who wins the war.
I've probably only had 3 weeks total to work on the code due to real life responsiblities, so blame me for the lack of video updates and the infancy of the code. Anyway, I dont want to go back to university in a months time without at least completing a chunk of the code and animation for chitan. While you guys wait for that update, here's a sneak peek of some of the stuff you'll be seeing.
See our website for the full video and screenshot update.
TheOtherChris has improved just about every weapon along with some new weapons, so I had to show you all these great renders. Complexz has been working...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.