Release 8 finally sees both the Allies and Soviets free of Tiberium War influence! At last you will have no choice but to utilise the history of the Red Alert series to your advantage!
The new additions? It is fair to say the bias is heavily towards the Allies (although the Allies did have the most GDI structures which makes this understandable), however the economic structure that Soviets have gained make late game domination simple!
The Allies? Finally they have an air transport, that is said to contain a secret upgrade program! and the conversion of the Armoured Car into the legendary IFV, greatly diversifies the Allies tactical options!
A special message from Allied High Command:
"We have heard your cries about the climate and we are delighted to tell you that Allied high command are committed to climate change.
We are committed to changing the climate to suit our needs. And furthermore we reserve the right to use our control of the climate to disrupt the enemies of planet earth, to use nature's fury to crush any nation into submission. All for the Earth, we have no financial or political motivation with this new technology we have built"
"It is.. environmental, not militaristic."
"Tintin warned you! but you didn't listen!"
There are more additions that I will leave you to discover for yourselves.
Hints and Tips
- Ground transports have a drop modifier. This means that any infantry that exits from them receive a modifier that slows them down for a couple of seconds. This was done to reduce the frankly boring Engineer+APC opening moves that the Tiberian C&C series are famous for, and also to account for the much faster transports. It also means that you have a few seconds to react (even if means selling a structure) to the nightmare Phase+Engineer or Phase+Tanya or Phase+Spy combinations.
- The Spy now has some of the basic functions as seen in past Red Alert games, for example infiltrating an enemy power plant will sabotage their power for 1 minute.
- The British Sniper is the Allied garrison clearer (one unit at a time, if it is 3 squads of Conscripts you will be there for a while!).
- The Nighthawk is Radar invisible, which means that your opponent will not see an icon on their radar for it!
- If you do not want the Repair IFV to automatically repair vehicles within it's visible repair radius, set it to 'HOLD FIRE' stance (Alt+F).
- If you prefer you can use force firing to heal a vehicle with your Repair IFV (maybe use in combination with 'HOLD FIRE' stance) in a similar style to repairing with the Scrin Corrupter. Like the Corrupter, the Repair IFV will continue to repair the vehicle even when it is at full health (auto repair disengages as soon as the target vehicle is fully repaired).
- The Repair IFV will not auto repair harvesters (this is to stop them from chasing damaged harvesters).
- Any healing (including self healing), will destroy an attached Terror drone.
- The Terror drone will attach to harvesters\miners that are self healing, which will cause the drone to instantly be destroyed, avoid targeting harvester\miners that are self healing.
Join the Red Alert History Discord! Discord.gg
Please use the forums if you want to help improve Red Alert history!
Special thanks to: