Call of Chernobyl is a free-play sandbox mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat created by TeamEPIC. It features 32 explorable maps, reworked level design and level fixes, new original level, Trucks Cemetery, Full AI and A-Life overhaul, engine and script enhancements, Repeatable task system which bases itself on A-Life events, Customizable weather environments for every map as well as surges and psi-storms from AF3, Character creation which includes name, portrait and faction selection; Several optional modes such as Ironman mode, story mode and zombie survival mode, New achievements, rankings and reputation system, PDA leaderboard and enhanced PDA statistics, Companion system with keyboard issued commands, many optional side-features and community-made addons . Call of Chernobyl was player's choice Mod of the Year 9th place in 2015 and 1st place in 2016!
The only truly immersive mode to play - tweaked to keep your sanity. Recommended to Zone veterans only. CoC [1.4.22/1.5r6] / CoM / Last Day
I asked Alundaio to help me out with advice, but instead he did everything. He said: "It would be hard to explain it to someone with no experience in the scripts." And he sent me the code. Tronex implemented mechanism of regenerating lives with passage of time (can't be abused by sleeping).
Images used: Alexiuss.deviantart.com
- The ability to grant additional lives through your game by spending specific amount of time in your playthrough (1 granted life every 120 hours/5 days by default)
- Granting lives feature can be enabled or disabled (its off by default)
- You can set the values to your own preferences from (gamedata\configs\ironman.ltx) file, use Notepad to open it. It has all necessery info
- Just remember that any new values will take effect only on new ironman playthroughs. so make your changes before jumping into a new ironman game.
- You can't abuse sleeping to skip time
If you see a group of mercenaries armed to the tooth, you don't wipe them out single-handedly Rambo style while carrying rusty shooter and worn leather jacket, and loot all their riches. You respect the danger and try to avoid or hide. If you see chimera or pseudogiant, you make a big f***ing course adjustment to avoid them. Unless of course you carry a proper weapon with proper ammo with grenade launcher attached, with enough ammo, with upgraded armor for protection. In that case, they should know that you are the danger. In that case, hunter becomes the hunted. Remember military binoculars? Your most important item now. Knowing that your saves will be deleted if you die, it makes you not do stupid things. With time invested in the game, you don't want to die to lose it.
Immersion is optimal.
After pulling off something really hard successfully, you don't want to die a stupid, random death. That would be masochistic. Getting randomly sniped, or killed by controller across the field without covers - feels unfair. Hardcore save (campfire & conditions) is not enough, because you can die as many times as you want and keep trying unrealistic stupid things until somehow you pull it off. Hence this addon.
Basically it gives you 3 (or 5) lives. When you die for the 3rd or 5th time, your saves are deleted.
It still makes you play smart, carefully because if you are stupid you can die very quickly. It's just here for unfair edge cases.
- also play with hardcore saves enabled (no quicksave, only campfire !) - only Last Day for now
- 0.25 spawn factor for mutants AND stalkers, with full A-LIFE simulation
- some variation of desolation mod
- WARFIGHTER for increased damage