The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
|Extermination Day Beta 001 Download||Post Reply|
|Mar 31 2019 Anchor|
|Apr 1 2019 Anchor|
There still appear to be some mapinfo next level errors.
Edited by: Korell
|Apr 5 2019 Anchor|
List of bugs I've found so far: (I'll update as I find / notice them)
1. Console complains about missing texture "COMPPAN3". (Linedef 1653)
1. Area where reactor core access is / behind blue key door appears to be intended to have shiny floors like EDAY03 / EDAY09's opening area, unfortunately it seems to be broken resulting in a (very) slightly performance killing lowlevel "hall of mirrors" / afterimage effect.
2. Bathroom area where blue armor is hidden seems impossible to get out of. (Can't jump high enough)
3. End area (container / crate yard) Blue Armor requires rocket jump to access (could jump to it regular previously) Dunno if this is intentional or not.
1. Console complains about missing texture "STARTAN1" (Linedef 2270)
2. Console complains about lines 935 and 940 with Type 62:Plat_DownWaitUpStay, Arg 5 is 3 (should be 0)
1. Console complains about missing textures (A-GRATE, COMP012), Linedefs 694, 700, 884, 5918, 5919, 5920, 5921.
1. Visible Missing texture in the "cafeteria" area just before the crate storage that you have to divert through because of the debris / wreckage.
2. Console complains about missing texture "COMP009", Linedefs 1896, 2076.
1. Hangar doors that open after getting the red key seem to have some improperly textured edges or something as you can sorta see through them.
2. Console complains about missing texture "N_STTN12", Linedef 2775.
1. Not really a bug, but you might want to slightly redesign the blue key area to make the impaled bodies accessible for the goodies they drop.
2. Console complains about missing texture "FIRESK00", Linedefs 118, 119, 120, 1397, 1399, 1421, 1422, 1667, 1668.
1. Not a bug, but the amount of backtracking after getting the red key seems a little...excessive? Especially since there isn't anything to kill on the way back...
1. Berserk pack area near the start has a crate trap where the player can fall into it and can't get out.
2. Console complains about missing textures (DOPUNK4, COMPUTE1, ADEL_F36, CR64SLGB), Linedefs 10, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 268, 269, 270, 352, 945, 947, 950, 952, 1141, 1142, 4448, 7318, 7319. (also says DOPUNK4 is used 434 more times.)
1. Console complains unknown type 21011 at 5696, -4448.
2. Oddly placed light sprite in the tunnel across from the blown out bridge. (can only access normally after the spider mastermind)
3. Oddly placed palmtree on the wall near the shotgun, shellbox, and imps after the spider mastermind fight.
5. Marine Captain's dialog seems...a little odd? The dialog with HQ make sense for overhearing them, but everything after that should probably be triggered when you get close to him...
1. Red key is missing and red key door opens without needing it. (dunno if this is intentional)
2. Narrow Blue key door can be opened, but you can't pass the invisible wall, either coming in or going out. (The Apartment building nearest the burger joint with the chainlink fence and parking lot.)
3. Chaingun Marine at the front of the trailer truck near the burger joint doesn't do anything.
4. There is an empty bottle floating in the sky near where the cyberdemon gets airstriked.
5. Secret behind the tank barricade near the beginning doesn't have anything in it...
1. No key is required to open the red key bars blocking access to the two long houses (condos?). Same with the red key door inside that has the yellow key in it.
2. You might want to add some quake style messages for the dead tree and the dresser / switch chain that unlocks the shotvolver as hints for people. (Stuff like "Something opened nearby..." or "Something moved in a chimney somewhere..."
1. Went everywhere on the map, killed everything I found, only got 224 of 239.
1. Bathroom and film projector area vents can be broken, but doesn't show that you actually have.
2. Old Wolfenstein Secret exit still counts as a secret, but with no normal way to access it, you can never get credit for it.
3. Probably should use the indestructible cardboard box for the armor bonus secret near the arcade elevator, the potted plant is too easy to destroy from just walking on it.
4. You might want to make the outdoor soul sphere accessible early on like in Duke3D, seems kind of redundant when the movie theater soul sphere is only accessible at the end of the level too.
5. Arcade demolition to movie theater room should probably have a raised step or floor so that you can have a shortcut back to the arcade from the theater like in Duke3D.
1. The previously mentioned map loop to EDAY41 when using the normal exit.
1. Green Armor Alcove at beginning is a slot and not an alcove.
2. Backside of the Dungeon torture room chair can trap the player with no way of getting out.
3. Elbow Lightpole just outside of the red key door leading to exit is pointed the wrong direction and clips through the wallframe instead,
4. Another elbow lightpole outside and further down the ramparts also appears to be oriented in the wrong direction. (It's the one that goes upstairs, rather than the passage that goes down to the small courtyard.)
5. Another crate trap the player can't get out of near the secret berserk pack.
6. There are at least four paintings stacked on top of each other in the armor bonus library secret, they can be seen from the side.
7. Odd HoM / Viewportal error on the brick planter just outside the south door to the Rec Room. (the one with the pool table and Hitler's Buzzsaw)
8. Got 100% kills and secrets, but only got 85% items. Looked all over, never found them.
1. Only got 134 / 139 kills. I suspect this may have been at least partially caused by Revenants sometimes getting blown in half (but still able to walk around and attack on their arms) not spawning in cramped areas. (a fix for this would be to treat them like armless pinkies, awarding the kill for blowing them in half.)
1. Console complains about line 2412 not having a first side and the right edge is unconnected.
1. Armor is a bit sparse. Maybe a green vest somewhere in the middle or climbing the rocks into the tower elevator?
2. Airstrike needs to be triggered a bit more strategically, otherwise it doesn't seem very effective. (I guess it was meant for one of the top level cyberdemons, but I killed those guys first with the tanks before trying to scale the wall.)
1. BFG9000 is almost useless against the Annihilator. He's...a little cheesy too? What with how you can shoot between his legs and still hit him.
2. Exiting to Blood Swamp feels a little jarring, the transition from At Hell's Gate (which appears to have been removed) meshed better.
1. Only got 169 / 175 kills. Couldn't find the remaining monsters.
1. From starting position: back right of river slit needs bloodfall texture (its rock instead), back left bloodfall slit has HoM effect, also HoM effect on rockface under the bridge that leads to the exit.
2. Inside the front door area of the stronghold, behind the right hand door, the step is too high requiring the player to jump up the first step.
1. Only got 183 / 185 kills. Never found the two extra monsters.
1. HoM texture in the sewer channel to the right, after you exit the first building and are about to cross the first bridge.
2. HoM texture at Red Skull Key location.
1. HoM's inside the windows of the two upper level side rooms near the berserk pack and well.
2. Lower level terraces (left side of the upper level bridge) don't block the player like they should, so everybody watch those illusory handrails.
1. Tree next to a wall (left side) in the start area is just a little too close to the wall and thus clips through from certain view angles.
1. Console complains lines 7506, 7650 have no first side.
2. Steamy blood damage rule is broken by blue skull key blood sewers.
1. Missing texture "NATUR04G", some checkerboard surfaces can be seen, console complains...Lots? ;-)
2. A radsuit would be a good idea for accessing those armor bonuses, and the lower lava channel rocket launcher secret. (the one with two rocket boxes)
3. On that same note, the first fall after the RL Secret, is a little too far and results in fall damage.
4. Inappropriate rock textures in falling lava stream near lava channel rocket launcher secret.
5. Small amount of inappropriate use of rock textures in the lava (at the base where the lava stream hits the ground) near the lava falls teleporter.
6. You may want to accent the lava flow near the large boulder going left near the beginning, as you can get on top of the rock formation that it is part of by taking the lava channel teleporter and jumping from formation to formation. (Or, alternatively, by climbing the rock formation with the stalagmites and trees near the beginning skullpile...Damn, thats a cool secret =D)
7. You might want to deal with the height of the ending arena access, as it causes unnecessary falling damage...infact, maybe you should move the rocket launcher, rockets and megasphere to the arena floor here too...
8. End arena has a see through gap / slit in the lower left area near the entry cave to the arena.
9. Some texture inconsistencies in the pillars of the arena blood pool building.
10. Candle in ceiling at super shotgun secret. (Yellow Skull key building)
11. Map loops to EDAY31 (same map) on exit, as previously mentioned.
Agree with Nefaz below, fall damage in Yellow Skull Key building should probably be dealt with somehow, especially incase the player decides to return here for left over ammo or something.
Also, boss here is another Annihilator. Since the MotherDemon is now present in BD21 (appears in at end of Ultimate Doom Episode "Thy Flesh Consumed", and presumably for BD64 support), why not use her here instead? ;-)
1. Console complains about missing texture: "FIRESK00"
2. Console complains about Unknown script 56 when IoS rises up, I assume this was to change the music to finalbat
3. Ending scene uses D_BUNNY, dunno if this is intentional, or a result of loading with Doom Metal Vol. 5 or not.
Finally finished EdayTest001. Quite a wild ride overall, that said, you might consider replacing a few of the Q / Q2 / Q3A music tracks with some of the ones from DoomMetalVol5, as some of those songs are rather good. Hopefully my overly verbose buglist isn't too annoying and will prove helpful.
Edited by: Cybr0g
|Apr 10 2019 Anchor|
I have just finished extermination day (EdayTest001) with rc9 on black metal playing all levels normally without pistol starting (except for the last one due to map 31 being stuck in an endless loop) and here is some feedback (without repeating what was already said).
Peak of the gods. The level inherited that room with a soulsphere platform in middle that triggers mancubi rooms to open on two sides from bloodfalls. This room is still pretty cheap. I was only able to get through it using flamethrower to clear one side. The other areas with blue and red key are just a joke compared with this one. Also there's mandatory fall damage before that in the pinky room and after you grab the final megasphere.
Devil's domain. The final boss was nuts in the starter pack on black metal and still is now without all the new weapons (since I was pistol starting). I don't know whether this boss will be changed or replaced entirely but in it's current state I was only able to beat it by getting close to it to the hills so that I can shoot it but it cannot shoot at me. Even then it keps spawning enemies so this is not completely cheating - you only avoid its attacks not the monsters it spawns. A new megasphere is nice but personally I think a second plasma gun is needed here.
Push (Counter-offensive). This level has almost no ammo. There is one ammo pile with a backpack near a friendly tank at the castle siege area, marines drop clips and mancubi drop cannons but thats's it. So if you pistol start on high difficulties you almost have to use tanks or rely on marines. This is unlike The air base and Downtown assault where using tanks is optional since enough ammo is given to you. Maybe at least add as much ammo as there were in the starter pack and some guns. Also this map has 3 soulspheres but no armor.
Wolfenstein. For some reason when you die to a dog you explode into pieces and guts. This death is even more cruel than dying to a straight hit by a rocket. Just feels weird. The level itself is still one of the hardest (if not the hardest) in the entire map pack. Hitscanners are all over the map and there is almost no way to avoid taking damage unless you pixel shoot them around corners. At least the reward for finding a secret is worth suffering and the level itself is entirely optional.
Lab complex entrance. Still has two yellow keys. Was this intended?
Maps 11 and 12 both say "ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE" at their beginning.
MAP 13 says "SYLMAR, INDUSTRIAL DISCTIC" (without 'T' at the end of "DISTRIC").
Edited by: Nefaz
|May 2 2019 Anchor|
I'm halfway through this campaign, and there are some things I want to bring to attention
Maybe I'm just dumb, but it took me a while to find the way over the first roadblock. I didn't immediately get the hint that I was supposed to jump from truck to truck. Maybe a few more hints would do the trick? Like placing an item on the hood of every truck instead of just the first one, since the player is going to land on each one anyway. The items on the roofs of the trucks are kind of difficult to see when you're next to them.
There is also a way to climb over the rocks to the left
which leads to this
I don't think I'm supposed to be able to go there. I guess this is what I find when I get stuck long enough at a certain section.
I'd like to think that the exit loop in EDAY41 to be intentional. I mean, why'd you wanna leave the red light district?
Edited by: WasabiSteak
|May 13 2019 Anchor|
Inconsistent stairs on Dis, simple stuff.
|May 22 2019 Anchor|
eday16 one of the blue doors appears to have an invisible barrier
and here, can't get to the stairs:
also the red door seems to open without a key
it's not marked as red door on the map though
|Jun 14 2019 Anchor|
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I'm in love with Extermination Day, but I have a problem thats ruining the experience. Having the other marines fighting with me is driving me nuts! For me the fun of doom combat is deciding who to shoot and when and how. Having the other marines running around shooting and killing demons completely breaks the flow for me. Killing demons is what I want to do, not other characters to do. I've played through doom 1 and 2 using project brutality 3.0 and was able to disable the marines in the settings, but this doesn't work in ED. The option is to disable the replacing of the soul spheres with marines, but it seems that in ED the added marines are not replacing the soul spheres but are just added so the menu option doesn't work. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this so I can enjoy these amazing maps. Thanks in advance!
|Jun 21 2019 Anchor|
Amazing! I'm loving these levels. I have a question though. Does Extermination Day have the levels from the Hell on Earth Starter Pack in them? I've been playing Brutal Doom for a long time but just discovered these campaigns you've made. If playing the Starter Pack would be redundant I'll just stick to Extermination Day.
|Jul 4 2019 Anchor|
Eday 9 lags I dont know why but with other levels there is no lag just eday 9
|Feb 18 2020 Anchor|
another bug i saw but is a little one are the text info when u finish certain maps moving to the next one, indicating where u reaching or what u saw in the levels as a description! like EDAY05 to EDAY06, EDAY09 to EDAY10, EDAY11 and EDAY30 to EDAY31 like example!
Those text info no appears!
Edited by: Speedsteer
|May 19 2020 Anchor|
I asked on the other eday thread but it's a fair enough a question, is there a bfg in any of the earth maps? (Map 12 onward) ive found all other weapons when playing through those maps. I ask as sometimes I just fancy playing the city maps and simply console cheat to map 12 or whatever to play through that 'episode' big fan of the city stuff but not as keen on hellmaps as a rule. Oftimes can't be bothered to go all through mars maps to get back to earth but as I say. Don't know all secrets sure, but do miss the bfg in tight spots later on in the city...
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.