The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
A little addon for requesting off-map fire support and reinforcement.
InFiReSS - Integrated Field Recon & Support System
We all know the story about the lone space marine of Doom who has been destined to fight alone againts the infinite armies of Hell. But what about the remnant UAC combat support units barricated in their field HQs and command posts?
With this addon you have the opportunity to contact them with the latest long-range InFiReSS utility. Call in various types of support missions for different amounts of energy cells!
Offensive - Fire - Support:
- Classic artillery fire support: Calls in three precision HE howitzer shells to the designated target area. For open areas only! Costs 150 energy cells.
- Incendiary strike: Calls in five rounds of incendiary shells. Less accurate, ideal against large number of soft targets. Open areas only! Costs 300 energy cells.
- Tactical nuke: Lay waste to the battlefield with a single tactical nuclear warhead! Don't forget to keep distance from the target area! Obviously only for open areas. Costs 400 cells.
- Supply drop: With the latest UAC teleport technology our combat support batch is capable to "beam out" a small amount of random supply that the HQ can spare. Ammo, armor, medkits... You name it. Beware, the goods are tend to stuck into walls! Costs 150 cells.
- Marine reinforcements: Need more boots on the ground? Do not hesitate to request reinforcements! Your brothers in arms will be deployed ASAP - randomly armed with rifles, shotguns or chainguns. Two marines can join you per request. Costs 200 cells.
- UAC Heavy Combat Mech deployment: Get ready to aquire the latest toy of the Marine Corps! Bring havoc with heavy machine guns, plasma cannons and rocket launchers of the Heavy Combat Mech! Since this asset wasn't designed for close quarter combat, it is advised to avoid deployment in narrow corridors and tight areas. Costs 300 cells.
The binocular spawns with 50% possibility instead of the chainsaw, but you can give/summon by the "give/summon binocular" console command.
Available under slot 8.
With the dual wield button you can switch between different support modes.
The sprinting is a bit buged but basically it's playable. Try to change mod, if you can't run.
Tested with GZDoom 4.3.3 and Brutal Doom v21.
Special thanks for SgtMarkIV for the idea - from the VietDoom mod!
- Added nuclear flash effect