The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
It allows compatibility with custom weapon mods, however many features will no longer work. This version is based on Brutal Doom v0.13, do not load a brutaldoom.pk3 with this, (otherwise it will override the changes this makes).
This is a modified version of Brutal Doom made to work with other weapon mods.
Many stuff from Brutal Doom is still here: Shoting at the head deals more damage and you can explode heads with shotguns, gib any enemy to pieces (even big ones such barons and mancubus), etc.
But, due the compatibility issues for other mods, many things will be missing.
- You can't perform fatalities.
- You can't rip zombies with the chainsaw or chaingun
- Players have no custom deaths
- You can't push enemies away with melee attacks
- You can't grab barrels
- You can't have the Revenant rocket launcher, or the Mancubus flame cannon.
- No blood scretching through the screen when you shoot an enemy at point blank range.
- You can't melt enemies with Plasma (unless the plasma projectiles in the weapons mod has the damagetype of "Plasma")
- Big enemies are hard to gib.
- Exploding an enemy head too close may cause damage to you.