The Blue Wizard Mod adds two new playable factions, Lothlorien and Moria, to the game "The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth(tm)". Both factions have a functioning AI. It also enhances the original factions with additions and changes the gameplay. One of my goals is to keep the unit design and overall feeling similar to the original game. Therefore house colors will remain active, the focus is on multiplayer (2vs2+ games) and most units won't have super high texture quality (also because it can cause lag).
It has a lot of similarities to the Elvenstar Mod 5.8, the first mod I've ever played and motivated me to get into modding myself. As I and many others have problems getting the old versions installed (and the mod itself was buggy at times), I decided to make my own mod, using similar elements of the mod I loved to play back in the day combined with my own ideas.
Join the BWM Discord: Discord.gg
Support Blue Wizard Mod on Patreon: Patreon.com
You need the newest BFME Patch (1.06) or this mod will not work correctly. For this, you need to download Patch 1.03, then Patch 1.05 and finally Patch 1.06. Alternatively, if you use forshire's online version, you don't need to do anything except for installing this mod.
Patch 1.03: Gamereplays.org
Patch 1.05: Moddb.com
Patch 1.06: The3rdage.net
(Optional, only for online play) T3A Online Launcher: T3aonline.net
Currently being worked on:
- Additions to the existing factions
- Bug fixes of the current version
Plans for further releases:
- The plan for now is to enhance what's there. A lot of balancing needs to be done, missing animations have to be added, the mod switcher has to be improved.. there's a lot to do!
I'm still looking for a 3D Artist. That would speed up the development a lot. :)
The upcoming faction Moria finally has their spell book revealed here! The order and costs of the spells are subject to change, the spells are mostly final for the next update.
Moria Spell Book (12 Powers):
1. Cave Bats (1 PP)
- Summons a group of Cave Bats on the battlefield. Cave Bats can be moved freely and can't be attacked. Similar to the Eye of Sauron, they reveal a small area around them. Enemies within their range take a -25% damage, -25% armor debuff.
2. Defile (1 PP)
- A targeted enemy structure gets a -50% production time penalty (applies to both economic income and build speed) as well as a 50% armor decrease
Editor's Comment: I suspect you see a pattern here. Moria gets many benefits by crippling or killing their enemies. Originally, they also had War Chant available, but that was quickly replaced by "Defile". With Grand Harvest, Industry etc., vanilla BFME1 only has structure buffs, no debuffs. And I assume a debuff power might be nice to see utilized for a change - and to be honest, this fits to Goblins more than any other faction currently available in BWM.
3. Swarm (1 PP)
- Allows the recruitment of Goblin Warriors from outer mines
Editor's Comment: Originally I had plans to implement the BFME2 Tunnel Network System. However, that proved more difficult than expected and eventually I had to concede the idea - it wouldn't work without major side-effects. I still wanted Moria to have a system to summon many units to the battlefield in a relatively short time, so I decided to implement a recruitment system instead.
4. Tainted Land (3 PP now)
- Grants +50% Armor for units standing on the Tainted Land
5. Scavenger (2 PP)
- Killed units grant resources
6. Dwarven Treasure (4 PP)
- Spawn a bunch of treasure on the ground. Treasure can be picked up by every player, friend or foe
Editor's Comment: This spell is so simple, and yet it solves an issue I've had with BFME1 for a while. It allows a player to "transfer" money to an ally, in a way. In BFME2 that is pretty simple, but unfortunately, it is not really possible in BFME1. This spell can be used for self benefits, or in team games, it could be used to assist a broke ally.
7. Lone Mine (3 PP)
- Summon a Lone Mine. Lone Mines generate resources and allow the recruitment of Goblin Warriors if Swarm had been previously purchased. Maximum of 2 Lone Mines at the same time
Editor's Comment: This could work well in combination with the Swarm spell.
8. Summon Barrow Wights (4 PP now)
- Summons a group of Barrow Wights on the battlefield. Barrow Wights have relatively high durability, and heal themselves on every successful attack
Editor's Comment: I know that the Barrow Wights are not dwelling in Moria, but neither are Shelob or Wargs known to reside there. That fits the original faction plan though, which was a lot more like the BFME2 Goblin faction, being home to several "wild" creatures. And the Barrow Wights are just cool, I like them.
9. Durin's Bane (8 PP)
- Unlocks Durins Bane, the Balrog dwelling in the depths of Moria, in the Moria citadel
10. Summon Mountain Giants (8 PP)
- Summons four Mountain Giants on the battlefield
11. Darkness (7 PP)
- Enshrouds the entire map in darkness. +50% damage and armor
12. Earthquake (20 PP)
- Summons an Earthquake on the battlefield. The earthquake fires bursts in short intervals, and can be moved slowly to damage areas around the initial area
Please visit the BWM discord if you want to join the discussion: Discordapp.com
The new Spell Book of Mordor is here, featuring the Dark Lord and his creatures.
The new Spell Book of Elves is here. Comments welcome. :)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This standalone version downloads and installs Blue Wizard Mod in its entirety. No prerequisites needed (except for BFME patch 1.06). Please make sure...
For anyone who has issues using the installer or does not trust the .exe file. A readme file is included and I recommend you to read it, but ultimately...
This version does NOT allow you to play on GameRanger and is NOT COMPATIBLE with the other version. Only download this if you can play online through...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.