The first update from Berserker Mod is already finished and just pending a few tests before the release. It's estimated to be released next week.
Here is what's changed:
- Rejuvenation potions have been brought back to the game.
- Rejuvenation potions have 10 second cooldown (shared with the Hireling).
- Rejuvenation potions are sold by potion Vendors and dropped by monsters. At hell difficulty, full rejuvenation potions are dropped by monsters.
- Monsters base experience increased by 100%.
- Players receive zero experience from monsters below their level.
- Players receive bonus experience from monster above their level. The bonus is 25% per level difference up to a maximum of 100% at 4+ levels difference.
- Unique / minions monster experience is reduced to 3 times higher than normal monsters (from 5).
- Unique / minions level bonus reduced to +2 (from +3).
- Base experience reduced from level 52-99.
- Boss monsters and Minions of Destruction give zero experience.
- Exception of the rule above is Diablo at hell difficulty. His level is increased to 98 from 94 and his experience should be enough to ramp up the player immediately to level 99.
- Gambled equipment now have 25% chance to be ethereal.
- Base durability of equipment increased by 100%.
- Throwing weapons have infinite quantity.
Duriel and Izual
- Duriel movement speed reduced.
- Izual AI tuned so he casts frost nova more frequently.
- Izual now receives 50% increased physical damage and 100% increased frost nova damage.
Sorceress Inferno and Druid’s Arctic Blast
- Inferno and Arctic Blast damage increased by 100% to compensate a vanilla bug.
- This damage increase is not shown in the skill description.
- Melee monsters movement speed reduced.
- Players maximum block chance reduced to 67% (from 75%).
- Player skills that stun have the stun length reduced by 20%.
Affected skills: Stun, War Cry, Smite, Mind Blast, Twister, Maul, Shock Wave.
- Player skills that convert monsters have the duration reduced by 30%.
Affected skills: Conversion, Mind Blast.
- Player skills that apply life shields have 3 second cooldown.
Affected skills: Bone Armor, Cyclone Armor.
- Necromancer’s Poison Explosion:
- No longer consumes the corpse.
- Poison duration reduced by 30% (the damage per second is unchanged).
- Paladin’s Meditation mana regeneration bonus reduced by 30%.
- Amazon’s Decoy life reduced by 25% (like other summons).
- Sorceress Telekinesis can now pick up any type of items from the floor.
Item drops and Vendors
- Weapons will drop more frequently compared to Armor.
- Amulets will drop more frequently compared to other jewelry.
- Body armor cost reduced (by roughly 50%).
- Andariel, Duriel and Izual will drop more rings and amulets.
- Chests will drop slightly more gold.
- Regular monsters will drop slightly more potions.
- Socketed items are no longer obtainable by dropping or buying from Vendors (they’re available only via cube recipes or the Larzuk’s quest reward).
- Rune drops:
- The Summoner in Hell difficulty will drop up to Vex rune (from Ist)
- Nihlathak in Normal difficulty will drop up to Dol rune (from Sol)
- Nihlathak in Nightmare difficulty will drop up to Um rune (from Lem)
- Nihlathak in Hell difficulty will drop up to Ber rune (from Ist)
Quality of Life
- Having no belt equipped also assures 4 rows of potion slots.
- Arrows, bolts, throwing weapons, throwing potions, tomes and keys have infinite quantity.
- Town portals no longer vanish when the owner returns from town.
- Poison gas clouds erroneously displayed an increased movement speed animation although the poison is only applied in the center of the cloud source. The display has been corrected, and the poison gas cloud duration from monsters has been increased by 4 times.
- Um rune on weapons Chance of Open Wounds is nerfed by 30% like other sources.