Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
2015 Roads (Games : Grand Theft Auto: Vice City : Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : 2015 Roads) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 8 2007 Anchor

hi there. do you know whther there will be a 2015 highway as in the film, or roads in the air (i.e like 100 ft above the ground)??

Jul 8 2007 Anchor

Cars will be driving on an invisible highways.

Jul 9 2007 Anchor

can any of the REAL modders answer this please?

Jul 9 2007 Anchor

I would have told off PK if he was wrong.

Jul 9 2007 Anchor

yeah, whats the point of answering if someone else already has.

Jul 10 2007 Anchor

well proton kid practically answers every single post there is, and he isn't actually part of the modding team, therefore how do i know whther what he's saying is true? however, point taken Delorean.

Aug 5 2007 Anchor

hey just thought of something! could you have the "invisible highways" have a water surface? like modify the highway to have the wheels to fold out like the driving on water code. so it looks like there flying.

Aug 5 2007 Anchor

nope. Water only exists at one level. Well, water that kills you i mean.

Aug 6 2007 Anchor

Seaways works in swimming pools too. But I think cheating is not the point.

Aug 6 2007 Anchor

o well worth a shot

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

bcksht213 wrote: hey just thought of something! could you have the "invisible highways" have a water surface? like modify the highway to have the wheels to fold out like the driving on water code. so it looks like there flying.

Do the wheels not already fold out automatically? When you're flying? So surely this water code would be pointless.

Also, is there gonna be "NO LANDING" written on various places on the ground? Small detail I know, but it'll just add that touch of realism. The reason I'm asking is that I don't know how the road are created, and if it's just a small line of texture repeated over and over then the writing may not be possible.

Edited by: ChaosSorcerer91

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

nope, no wheels will fold out. Thats kinda hard to do.
I think when we're modeling 2015 cars, most of them have to have invisible wheels, like they are locked in hover mode so it doesn't look like it's actually driving in the air.

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

But the DeLorean wheels fold out when going into flying mode (well they don't actually "fold" out, but they change to be horizontal). Or can you not do that for cars that are being driven by AI?

Come to think of it, how will the AI 2015 cars work? Is it actually gonna have them taking off and landing, or is that too hard to do (the SkyWay will be blocked off outside of cutscenes with a sign saying "SkyWay Jammed" as it does in the film).

And what about the "NO LANDING"?

Edited by: ChaosSorcerer91

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

Invisible roads. Invisible roads. And in case you don't know, we are not limited to using rockstar ways of mapping.

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

So does that mean that if you get out of your SkyCar, then you'll be standing in mid-air? And I don't have a problem with the AI cars having no wheels to make the mode ambiguous (most of the 2015 cars in the film are like that anyway or atleast have their wheels hidden underneath the car- I think the only cars that have visible wheels are those that have gone through hover conversions) but the DeLorean wheels will fold up, right?

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

yep, sadly you will. There is no other way around it. Well, i don't know, i have to see if paths allow for floating vehicles. And your last question is obviously answered.

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. When you said no wheels will fold up I thought you were just referring to all the default 2015 cars, not the DeLorean. Well that's a bummer then if the wheels don't turn up on the DeLorean - now I wish there was some way to make the SkyWay made of invisible water - not only would that make it possible that the wheels will turn up (a code could be written to give you the cheat automaticaly) and it would also look like he falls and dies if he gets out.

Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Aug 12 2007 Anchor

But yeah actually to expand on that (I don't know if this will help at all but hey) if you watch the movie carefully you will notice that the only cars that have wheels that go horizontal are the ones that go through hover conversion. The ones that were clearly built with hovering capabilities either have wheels that are actually built into the car (such as Biff's car - which never has horizontal wheels - and the car on top of Texaco) or wheels totally concealed beneath the car (probably just poking out slightly underneath, so that the bottom is almost flat).

Sorry if you already knew that, just trying to be helpful.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.