What is this mod?
After two years, it's finally here, an update to the Anglo Zulu War. This mod is a total overhaul of Anglo Zulu war, rebuilt from the ground up. It aims to to be completely superior to the previous Anglo Zulu War while offering the familiar fun gameplay of fighting off endless Zulus.
The Anglo-Zulu War was fought in 1879 between the British Empire and the Zulu Kingdom. Following a campaign by which Lord Carnarvon had successfully brought about federation in Canada, it was thought that similar combined military and political campaigns might succeed with the various African kingdoms, tribal areas and Boer republics in South Africa. In 1874, Sir Henry Bartle Frere was sent to South Africa as High Commissioner for the British Empire to bring the plans into being. Among the obstacles were the presence of the independent states of the South African Republic and the Kingdom of Zululand and its army. Frere, on his own initiative, without the approval of the British governmen and with the intent of instigating a war with the Zulu, had presented an ultimatum on 11 December 1878, to the Zulu king Cetshwayo with which the Zulu king could not comply. Cetshwayo did not comply and Bartle Frere sent Lord Chelmsford to invade Zululand.The war is notable for several particularly bloody battles, including a stunning opening victory by the Zulu at Isandlwana, as well as for being a landmark in the timeline of imperialism in the region. The war pitted British troops equipped with Single shot breech loading Martini-Henry rifles, against vastly greater numbers of Zulu warriors, armed with short stabbing spears and cowhide shields. The Zulus were no savages though, having an organised system of supply and strategic tactics. The war eventually resulted in a British victory and the end of the Zulu nation's independence.
- Remade from the ground up
- Lots and lots of new maps
- Completely remade Zulus
- All new British uniforms
- Fixable bayonets
- Ammunition boxes
- 5 different classes of Zulu, 30 different variants of Zulu warrior, and 30 shield variants.
- New weapon models
- New units (Original units are all reworked too)
- Dynamite "Grenades" for sappers
- No more buggy messy troop selection
- New UI, Menu screens, much better organization with map selection etc
- New environment textures
- New Atmospheric sound effects
- New faces and hair styles
- New Map props
- New animations including Lever action reload
- Awesome Music
- Tracer effects
- Hale Rockets
- No more 360 no scope xxSN1P3RZxx Zulu bots headshotting you from the other end of the map
- Vote for up to 750 bots
- Based on player vs bots from the ground up, rather than PVP
- Maps with proper AI meshes, bots will follow you through buildings etc
- Easier to kill bots, high accuracy and better melee skill for British
- Zulus are powerful in numbers rather than skill
The idea is to make it so that you compete with your teammates to kill the most Zulus
All the other units are the same as in the current Anglo Zulu war mod, which have been reworked, but some new units have been added. These are
- Royal Marine Light Infantry
- Durban Mounted Rifles
- Victoria Mounted Rifles
- Buffalo Border Guard
- Combat engineer
- Natal Native Contingent (Warrior, Rifleman, Cavalry)
- Special Characters (Lt Bromhead, Lt Vereker, Chelmsford, Col Durnford)
Please join the Anglo Zulu Steam group.
This Patch fixes the not uncommon issue of your screen flashing blue when looking in certain directions.
I did not create this or discover this fix, I am not sure who did but credit due to them, I could never find the cause of this ssue. I was just finally alerted to it now, years later, and have decided to put it here.
Place Patch Here And Replace File:
Program Files x86/Steam/steamapps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/AZW Reload/Resource
News about the imminent release of Anglo Zulu War Reloaded
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.