The Arx End of Sun (Beta) is released!
A completely free and standalone game that is now available to download and play. Based on the game Arx Fatalis created by Arkane Studios. Note you do not need to have played the original game to enjoy Arx EOS although we recommend you do as it's a fantastic game!
Arx EOS has an original storyline which loosely precedes the events of the original game. including RPG elements, problem solving puzzles, with faster paced melee and projectile weapons and a more forgiving magic casting system.
Over 5 years in the making from initial idea to release, a lot of time, effort, blood, sweat and tears have gone into the making of this Doom3 total conversion. Created by a very small team of hardworking volunteers, everyone has worked for free in their limited amounts of spare time, often sacrificing other activities or taking time off real work to work on this game.
- Russell (Solarsplace) Taylor: Project founder, management, design, programming, scripting, mapping
- Ron Goode (Mr.Rocket): Vocal artist, sound effects, music composer, texture artist (2d and 3d), mapping
- Garth (Zombie) Hendy: Mapping, models static & animated, textures, particles, design, project management
- DoomTrinity: Programming, scripting, animated models.
- Nemyax: Models static & animated
- Raider: Textures, animated models
- Neurological: Music artist, GUI design, texture artist, models static & animated
- Tox: Mapping, models static & animated, textures
- Adam Spade: Music composer, sound effects artist
- Andrew Garasiyka: Some in game readable items
Over 5 years later we have...
- 1000’s of lines of new C++ and DoomScript code.
- Nearly 2.5 thousand new textures.
- About 1000 new models, static and animated.
- All commercial assets removed and recreated / replaced.
- A fully standalone game that bears almost no resemblance to its Doom 3 past life.
- A long main quest spanning all 16 of the released levels.
- A treasure hunt side quest.
- Over 10 new monster types to fight against including: Goblins, Zombies, Poisonous Spiders, Rats, Demons, Snakes, Trolls, Cave Piranha, Reanimated Skeletons, Ylside Predecessors… There might even be a boss?
A unique feature to the Arx EOS id Tech 4 code enables the player to revisit the levels as many times as needed to complete the game. Items collected / dropped, quests completed and monsters dispatched retain their state across the levels each visit.
There are often several ways to complete sections of the game and you do not have to complete much of it in any particular order. You are quite free to explore the game world as you see fit.
The public beta has undergone several rounds of play testing and critical bug fixes before being released to the public and we have tested the game to be beatable from start to finish, however it is still possible that other issues remain, so please report game breaking issues to us so we can address them. We are currently not looking to address minor or superficial issues at this time.
The release is currently available for Windows in English language.
We hope you enjoy playing the game!