Arcade Mode aims to bring the fast paced point accumulation action similar to that seen in Doom 2016 to Blood. Paint the town red and kill everything you see to increase your points and score multiplier. Collect Skulls to further increase your multiplier and go into a Bloodlust that will increase your multiplier, make you move faster, jump higher, take less damage, and release a devastating AOE blast that will take out all nearby enemies. Get your hands bloody now!
- A new HUD located in the top right of your screen that shows your score, multiplier, skulls collected, and arcade messages.
- A few bug fixes to the game. See Bug Fixes below for more details.
- Enter into a Bloodlust that increases your multiplier, makes you move faster, jump higher, take less damage, causes no fall damage, gives you full health, a small amount of ammo, and releases a devastating AOE blast that will take out all nearby enemies.
- Destroy the environment and kill enemies to gain points and increase your score multiplier.
- Complete certain actions to collect Skulls which make your multiplier increase faster when you destroy objects and kill enemies. There are 16 different Skulls in total and you can keep collecting ones you've already gotten after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Taking damage will reduce your multiplier and you'll lose a Skull if you haven't been damaged within a certain period of time.
- Removed drowning darkness and pickup flashes.
- While in local coop, when a player dies, you will now see player killed by enemy, player killed by player, and player suicided messages.
- After completing an episode you can view your Arcade score results by opening the console (with the ~ key) and you should see your results in the console near the bottom.
- There are several console commands to customize your Arcade experience. Open the console (with the ~ key) and type "call help" (no quotes) for a list of all console command options. See Arcade Options below for more details.
How To Install
- Place the "Arcade Mode v1.0" folder in your "Blood" folder.
- Run "Install Arcade Mode.bat"
- Play the game.
How To Uninstall
- Run "Uninstall Arcade Mode.bat"
You can change special Arcade Mode options using console commands to customize your arcade experience. Open the console (with the ~ key) and type "call help" (no quotes) for a list of all console command options detailed here:
- call onehud (Show the Arcade HUD for only one player, to reduce lag)
- call allhud (Show the Arcade HUD for all players)
- call msg (Show Arcade messages)
- call killmsg (Show Arcade messages whenever you kill things)
- call skullsound (Play sounds when getting a Skull)
- call reset (Sets all the above custom options back to their default values)
Complete certain actions to collect Skulls which make your multiplier increase faster when you destroy objects and kill enemies. There are 16 different Skulls in total and you can keep collecting ones you've already gotten after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Bloody Skull - Kill 6 or more enemies in a row
- Brutal Skull - Kill 4 or 5 enemies in a row
- Triple Skull - Kill 3 enemies in a row
- Carnage Skull - Destroy 6 objects in a row
- Havoc Skull - Destroy 5 explodable objects in a row
- Giblets Skull - Destroy 7 gibs in a row
- Toasty Skull - Destroy 2 flammable objects in a row
- Hoarder Skull - Pickup 6 items within a certain time
- Powerup Skull - Pickup 2 powerups within a certain time
- Keyper Skull - Pickup 3 keys
- Ironclad Skull - Pickup 3 pieces of armor
- Armed Skull - Pickup 4 weapons
- Headless Skull - Kill 2 Zombie heads
- Footsy Skull - Kick things 3 times within a certain time
- Vigorous Skull - Pickup 4 health items
- Inhuman Skull - Kill 4 Innocents within a certain time
- Hands choking players now serialize correctly.
- OnEnterWater and OnExitWater callbacks are now called for players no matter what their sprite type is.
- Players are now able to exit water no matter what their sprite type is.