Since the very beginning of Cry of Fear, it was apparent that Simon was severely depressed, and had no one to turn to. It was even said by Doctor Purnell that Simon had been deeply disturbed individual since long before "the accident". But how did Simon get this way? What had happened that caused him to have no one to depend on in his life? This custom story mod takes a creative look at how Simon got to where he was at the very beginning of Cry of Fear. It's about having no one to depend on, no shoulder to lean on, and no one, not even your best friend, to turn to at your darkest hour. It's a story of social isolation, of being pathetically and utterly alone.
This is the updated and expanded demo, packaged in a self-extracting file.
This is the updated and expanded demo, packaged in a self-extracting file. It was made exclusively with WinRAR's "SFX Archive" option, and contains no custom coding or software.
- On some occasions, certain maps (particularly the City map and the Saxon Avenue map) will have level transitions that don't immediately work. Tape recorders have been placed immediately before these exit doors, so that way, if you go through a door, and all you see is black (not the three loading dots), load that save point (it HAS to be on the same map) and go through the door again and it will work.
- On one or two occasions, upon transferring to another map, all you will see is black. Just move forward and backwards/left and right, and you will teleport into the level.
- Fixed the door crashing bug on c_alone_train2
- Fixed the inventory image error with the switchblade
- Fixed the weapon crash error on a few different levels
- Added a few cof_blurs at the points where appropriate
- Removed the TMP
- Raised the volume of all of the voice clips, so that they can be heard
- Tied a lot of brushes on all maps to a func_illusionary so as to reduce compile time and file size
- Removed a couple fog sprites from c_alone_steam2 so as to reduce lag
- Added various pieces of music and ambience
- Created inventory VGUI for the fabarm shotgun
- Added two new maps: Saxon Avenue and an altered version of the main City map from the cry of fear main campaign
- A couple of new scripted sequences, and altered a few
- Various adjustments that optimize the mod's performance
Mapper - Levi "Levit123" Blodgett
Lead Writer - Levi "Levit123" Blodgett
Professional Sound Recorder - Quinn "Arjuna Guatama" Blodgett
Voice Actor (Simon) - Levi "Levit123" Blodgett
Weapon Animator - Joseph "lamp"
MODELS AND SKINS
Z7 FABARM (shotgun) - Gerrard
M4A1 BURST FIRE (m16) - Gerrard
KABAR KNIFE (from the Custom Weapons Pack 1) - IAmBulletProof (aka, Burret)
HK USP (from the Custom Weapons Pack 1) - IAmBulletProof (aka, Burret)
CRAIG RUNNER (Sawrunner) - IAmBulletProof (aka, Burret)
Z& FABARM (Shotgun) Fire, reload, and melee animations - Joseph "lamp"
FIRST PERSON SAWRUNNER EXECUTION - Levi "Levit123" Blodgett
LEGAL STATEMENTS, LICENSES, ETC.
The custom models featured in this mod were taken from GameBanana and the Cry of Fear forums, and were produced for the purpose of free distribution and use. Cry of Fear is the intellectual, creative, and artistic property of Team Psykskallar, and is owned by them and their respective affiliates. THE FILE "SAWER_EXEC.WAV" FEATURES MUSIC AND SOUND CLIPS ORIGINALLY FEATURED IN OUTLAST WHICH IS OWNED BY RED BARRELS. Stitched Recordings LLC is owned and operated by Quinn "Arjuna Guatama" Blodgett, and the songs recorded and distributed through Stitched Recordings belongs to the independent musicians working with Stitched Recordings, per their individual contracts and agreements. All of the content featured in this mod was used with permission.