A GZDoom/Doom2 mapset using Kontra Kommando's Aliens: Trilolgy/Ultimate Doom mod.
The Aliens have risen again on planetoid LV426 at Weyland/Yutani corporation's best kept secret...A second colony! They still want the creature for research.
WHAT IS NEW IN DEMO 2:
- Hud scaling is fixed for all resolutions.
- Hatched eggs no longer count towards the total monster count.
- Flares no longer pass through unbroken vents and no longer break windows.
- Aliens behaviour is slightly more aggressive.
- Smart gun locked behaviour improved.
- The COLONIST has access to the colony's electrical and fuel systems creating opportunities to set fire and electrocution traps.
- The MERCENARY must fight colonist, conducting a raid to steal valuable research and material related to the xenomorphs (who have gotten out, of course).
- The YUTANI OPERATIVE must fight mercenaries, colonist, and xenos in a sweeping "Kill Them All, Leave No Witnesses" mission.
- The COMBAT SYNTHETIC must find repair/replacement stations located through out the colony to heal and cannot use the standard (human) health kits.
- Also has a data base of schematics for the colony compound, providing it with the full automap on start up.
AN UNLIKELY ALLIANCE ON LV426. THE COLONISTS; STRUGGLING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF A CONTAINMENT BREACH. THE MERCENARIES; CHOOSING THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO RAID THE NEW COLONY IN AN ATTEMPT TO CAPITALIZE ON THE RESEARCH BEING DONE THERE.
XENO GENETICS IS BIG BUSINESS THOUGH, AND WEYLAND/YUTANI WILL NOT LET THEIR INVESTMENTS BE STOLEN OR DESTROYED. A RESPONSE TEAM IS ON ROUTE TO LV426 WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO ELIMINATE ANY WITNESSES AT THE SITE AND SECURE ANY SYNTHETIC COMBAT UNITS ENCOUNTERED FOR THEIR CAM FOOTAGE AND DATA RECORDERS. THE COLONY IS IN A STATE OF CHAOS AND COMBAT. HOPEFULLY THE SYNTHETICS WILL CLEAR MOST ALIENS BEFORE THE TEAM ARRIVES.
TESTED WITH: GZDOOM 3.7.2, GZDOOM 3.2.4
SINGLE PLAYER (adding multiplayer at a later time)
HOW TO PLAY:
- Unzip the folder and run both files (pk3 and wad) with the pk3 first and the wad second.
- THE PK3 FILE ACTS AS A TOTAL CONVERSION FOR OTHER DOOM WADS.
- The ERADICATION wad must be played with the included pk3 file.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ALIENS THEMED DOOM PROJECTS?
- No random enemy spawners. Enemies are placed in a setpiece fashion allowing the player to develop better strategies over time.
- Play as 4 different classes, each with it's own story, starting inventory, gameplay, item/monster placement and more! (press F1 in-game for more info)
MANY WAYS TO PLAY:
All difficulty settings are implemented as well as each class presenting it's own unique difficulty.
The easiest setting ("A FEW ALIENS") is more about tension, atmosphere and one on one encounters. The hardest ("HORDES OF ALIENS")
puts you in a near impossible setting. "GAME OVER, MAN" is the Nightmare setting (not recommended:).
This is still a work in progress so any and all participation/feedback is welcomed (find me on Doomworld Forums: payload4367).
I recommend playing on the "LOTS OF ALIENS" difficulty setting until you are familiar with the monster/weapon mechanics.
- Kontra Kommando: creator of the Aliens Trilogy/Ultimate Doom series of mods.
- Realm667: various sprites and effects.
- elend: Halogen lamps and radio antenae.
- Afterglow.com: AvP2 textures.
*see in-game screen for additional credits.