It has been awhile since I released Nomads on the Horizon. Life endeavors and responsibilities definitely take priority sometimes. In this release, I mainly focused on the Rebels and Mercenaries. However I also gave a lot of attention to the AI and it's expansion patterns. There are many path finding issues in vanilla that have been fixed thanks to a very thorough research thread on totalwar.org also some bugs with the Nomads have been fixed and a few scripts were fixed and added.
Here is a full list of map edits and other features:
* - Fixed all Clipping/Distance issues on map from this thread:
- Sardis to Ancyra
- Ancyra to Mazaka
- Patavium to Salona
- Apollonia to Segestica
- Cirta to Tingi
- Armavir to Mazaka
- Armavir to Sinope
- Phraaspa to Hatra
- Phraaspa to Seleucia
- Larissa to Athens
- Narbo Martius to Lugdunum
- Sautes of Thrace now is unstuck and goes for Byzantium
- Vindex of Gauls now is unstuck and goes for Massilia
- Officers, Musicians and Standard Bearers added to Mercenary units
- Fixed Nomad Routing Banner Glitch
- Fixed Nomad Settlement UI Glitch
- Fixed Perfect Spy Script
- Added Control Faction Script
I have added 19 mercenary units and 17 Rebel units to the map. This adds the same amount of diversity to the game as in v8 when I added specific units to each faction. This should conclude the reskins that seem reasonable to include in the game. However I might still have a few in the future.
The New Mercenaries:
Eastern Heavy Cavalry
Eastern Light Cavalry
Iberian Light Cavalry
The New Rebels:
Eastern Light Cavalry
Desert Infantry (only will appear in Arab lands)
Warband (Replacing the round shield warband)
Sprites are included with all units!
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:
- If you have an old HRTW version, you can try overwriting, but to be safe, delete it as this will not work with it. This version isn't save compatible.
- One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
- To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory, or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW -noalexander
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS, NOTHING WILL WORK!
crazyroman - Support, testing and fixes
bhl_20 - Fixing Perfect Spy Script and Adding Change Faction Script
comrade_general - Textures and unit cards
xcmhx - Textures, models and unit cards from Rome: Total War Enhanced
Barbarians Revenge Mod - Textures and unit cards
Macedon Expansion - Textures and unit cards
Guerro Sabino - Textures and unit cards
Lanjane - Textures and unit cards, new mercenary officers
Extended Greek Mod - Textures and unit cards
Michael333 - Some Unit Cards
Gigantus - Helping me with some mapping tricks
PJW6 - Testing
Foxcon - Testing
All of you - For Helping, testing and playing this mod, thank you!