In this mod, I will be looking to overhaul the vanilla game, step by step. This is a beta WIP and I intend to have a release after each stage or version is completed. New units, features, regions, and gameplay from multiple mods and communities awaits!
I forgot to add a few changes from Leeroy9000, here they are! Log is below.
Instructions: extract the file to where your HRTW folder is located (NOT INSIDE OF THE HRTW FOLDER) and overwrite the two files.
- partially reverted carthaginian units nerf
- slightly increased upkeep of top iberian units
- increased upkeep of t2 pikemen to 300 > 360 (300 for greek_machimoi_pikemen) to make phalanx factions slightly weaker, in order to make them less likely to form half-map empires under AI control.
- slightly increased upkeep of eastern infantry, to be comparable to other mass infantry.
- greek_hoplite_spartan icnreased defense by 1, nerf was too harsh
- greek_hypaspists, greek_royal_guard, greek_therapeia_infantry - removed spear attribute, set attack delay to 3 (similar to hoplites). They are supposed to be assault melee infantry, yet presense of spear attribute made them poor melee fighters. Reworked them in a same way as hoplites, simce they have spears and fight in more or less similar way. Thureophoroi were not reworked, since they are not supposed to be an assault infantry, and remain as an anti-cavalry semi-skirmisher unit.
- increased upkeep of greek_royal_agema and greek_trallian_guard, they were too cheap compared to similar hellenic units.
- increased attack of greek_basilikon_guard by 1, it was too weak compared to similar greek units.
- increased attack of greek_thorakitai by 3, they were too weak for a post-reform unit. They are still weaker than most of similar units of other factions.
- lowered required tier for carthaginian local infantry by 1 tier, added africa requirement. Not unit progression is more smooth, units are more evenly distributed, tier 2 has more recruitment options in africa.
- fixed monuments, added requirements, made factional bonuses more equal, from +1-4 growth to +2-3 growth (it looks better for campaign map balance with new recruitment system). Due to new recruitment system, factions became more even, so larger diffirences in population bonus are probably not needed.
- greek_hypaspists moved from t3 to t4 - same hellenistic elite infantry for macedon and egypt are available from t4
- carthage towns with near 3000 population got t2 barracks, to prevent t1 spam.