Hello. This is the well recommended AdvancedAI mod 0.98/by Lion&r42;/, improved by AEI - v2.8 The aim of the mod and my improvements is to create the greatest AI available for ZH. The improved /revived/ mod supports both the 1.04 and 1.06 ZH patches. There are a lot of new fixes and improvements added by me, and the AI will use more humanlike tactics as well.
This is the AdvancedAIMod0.98 /by Lion & r42/, updated and improved by AEI /version 2.6/. The aim of the mod and my improvements is to create the greatest AI available for ZH. There are a lot of new fixes and improvements added by me, and the AI will use more humanlike tactics as well. This mod was also made because the AI in ZH is too easy. It uses stupid tactics, builds mediocre bases and normally has $50k in bank that it will never use. Beating 7 AIs on hard shouldnt be possible but it is, this mod is to change that, giving the AI a better tactical awareness, faster expansion, more viciousness and better economy management.
- Improved behaviour for Colonel Burton and Black Lotus:
Burton will retaliate if attacked by ground units. Lotus will defend herself with the vehicle hack ability if attacked by vehicles.
Burton and Lotus will attack from different directions. They will no longer stay in their base for a minute before starting their attack. The EA bug where Burton will try to place charges on Chinooks is fixed. The state of Burton teams is set to normal to help them plant charges properly. Fixed a problem for AFG, where Burton will not attack the enemy.
- GLA workers will finally be able to repair buildings located away from them.
- Improved the use of laser lock, also added more teams that use it, USA's will counter early Helix/Combat Chinook rushes with laser lock as well.
- Stealth General will now be able to build a barracks when he hijack a dozer and will attack with missile defenders.
- Added supply guards for Toxin and Demo, now all factions use supply guards.
- The AI will activate dozer hunt teams if some of its dozers are hijacked.
- Bigger garrison teams, so that there is no more situations with only one soldier in building.
- Fixed a problem, which could prevent the AI from using Combat Chinooks and Helixes loaded with rocket guys later in game.
- Added additional Combat Chinook, Helix, Tech Terror/RPG and Rockvee attacks for late game, they will start if the enemy doesn't have many base defences.
- USA's will guard their bases with microwave tanks against Sneak Attacks.
- USA's Strategy Centers will now initiate Bombardment battle plan if the main base is invaded and there is no power or there is just a few remaining base defences.
- The AI will be able to garrison bunkers and firebases at expansions /it depends on the map though/.
- Completely revamped attack priorities for all units and factions:
- Added Burton attack priority and included Tech buildings in it, so the colonel will now be able to place charges on Tech buildings, and will no longer try to place charges on base defences /except firebases/.
- Added Gat priority /higher for aircraft and infantry/, Dragon tank priority /higher for buildings and infantry/, Comanche priority /this was already done but only for AFG in the previous versions of the mod/, and missing terrorist priority for the Demo General. Improved attack priorities for Migs and rocketguys.
- Added Holes for the terrorist priorities, so now they will attack GLA buildings more effectively.
- Added Tech buildings in several priorities, so now units will be a bit more aggressive towards them.
- Each USA will now have unique priorities for its Auroras, also fixed a problem where changing the Aurora priority for one faction will affect Auroras from other factions.
- Auroras for all USA's will have four different priorities for Tech Centers:
One for Palaces /high/, second for Strategy Centers /a bit higher/, third for Propaganda Centers /very high/, and fourth when the enemy /China's or USA's/ has no power /highest/.
- Auroras from AFG and SWG will be more aggressive towards Tech Centers than those from Laser and USA.
- AFG Auroras will start to attack American Strategy Centers when there is at least two Auroras available.
- The AI will now recognize the type of the following units that wasn't recognizing before: the AFG Chinook, the Laser General's Aurora, Raptor, Microwave Tank and Sentry Drone, the terrorists for all GLA factions, and the technicals with different chassis, so now it will be more aggressive towards them.
- Gats and Avengers are no longer recognized as tanks, but as Anti Air vehicles.
- Dozers are now unique type of units.
- The SneakAttack TunnelNetwork is now added in the priorities, so now the AI will be more aggressive towards it.
- Implemented timer for the saboteur technicals, so that the attack doesnt start right after the enemy's SuperWeapon is built.
- Fixed the EA bug, where GLA's will not rebuild Sneak Atack teams and sometimes will not place units in the tunnels at all. Now older teams will exit tunnels and disband, so that the new team can move in.
- Fixed another EA bug, where the Tunnel teams will be unable to get back to the tunnels if they try to enter into Tunnel Scaffold.
- Fixed a problem, where Stealth and vanilla GLA will not build additional Arms Dealers.
- A bit bigger expansions for China factions, and additional barracks for Demo.
- Fixed a problem, where Stealth for no reason will send technicals and hijacked vehicles near the down-left corner of the map.
- Stealth General will be able to manage more types of hijacked vehicles.
- Fixed again uncrushable (by vehicle) minigunners for the ZH 1.04 version of the mod. /This was already fixed by r42 but only for the 1.06 patch version of the mod/
- Fixed teams which will not attack the enemy for all GLA and China factions.
- Fixed a situation, where dragon tanks for all China factions will attack with the firewall ability only once.
- China factions will rush from multiple directions at the same time.
- Added Dragon tank rushes using the firewall ability for all China factions.
- Fixed a problem, where GLA will not attempt to capture Tech buildings near the enemy base.
- Fixed a problem, where China's will not replace destroyed /by stealth fighters for example/ bunker teams, in case the bunker is intact.
- Fixed a problem, where SWG will not upgrade Advanced Control Rods before building its superweapons.
- China's will spread their additional hackers around the base /this was already done for the Infantry general in the previous versions of the mod/.
- Fixed a problem, where some USA's will upgrade Control Rods only when they have no power, now all USA's will upgrade their power plants if the power supply ratio is below 130 %.
- Laser general will build Laser Crusaders only when he has power.
- The AI will build powerplants near safer places /expansions/ if its main base is invaded and there is no power.
- Fixed an EA bug, where China's will not build additional powerplants in very late game.
- Fixed several bugged comanche antitank teams for most USA factions.
- Decreased the threshold for creating anti tank teams for all factions from 15 to 8 enemy tanks.
- Fixed a problem, where AFG will not rebuild his Chinooks if they are destroyed.
- Fixed a situation, where AFG will build Combat Chinooks for harvesting instead of his regular /and cheaper/ Chinooks.
- Factions which do not posses tanks will now create Anti-Air Vehicle teams to better counter Quad/Gat spam.
- Fixed a problem, where infantry will be unable to load into transports, if its pushed away by vehicle when trying to load into the transport.
- Improved scripts for tech terror attacks and fixed a problem where the terrorists will not unload from the technical.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
To install, backup your INI folder and SkirmishScripts.scb file, then replace them with those from the mod.
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts
For ZH 1.04/1.06
Have a nice play. ;)