It's been a while since I wrote something here. I really had nothing to show, how can I show configs edits? So, I've put many efforts into ABR MOD 1.2, it's cool, I guess. But not as cool, as it could be: balance is a bit messed up, I've took too out of vanilla course. Crashes out of memory is an issue too, I watch streams of my mod and it crashes online - this is awful. I wanted a good vanilla+ mod. And ABR 2.0 will be, I hope.
Also, sorry if I was too unfriendly lately. I am unfriednly most of the time. That's just me, don't mind it. Remember, I'm listening to constructive comments. And since there is many nations here, some language misunderstanding can happen. Love, peace and unity. Well, let's back to mod.
Download updated patch v1.2.1: Moddb.com There is CZE, FRA, GER, ITA, POL, SPA, UKR localizations. They're vanilla, but they have missing text in English. This is a crutch, to keep game playable.
Also, about languages. I want to make translation of new text to all languages for the version 2.0. There is CZE, ENG, FRA, GER, ITA, POL, RUS, SPA, UKR texts for the game. I've found people to help me with RUS, UKR, GER, SPA, CZE. If you want to help me with translation of mod on any language from the list, PM me about to which language you could translate from English. I really don't want to use google translate, and there will be not much text to translate.
So, a little about v2.0 (development is in progression, something can be changed to the time of release - 21.09 - 21.10, I think):
BTW: Great thanks to PYP, this man helped me a lot with weapons lately. I appreciate it a lot.
- Less visuals of NPC's: to decrease out of memory crashes and framerate drops on stalker bases (still mod has more visuals then vanilla).
- Vanilla NPC's loadouts, no hi-tech weapons in the start of the game.
- Vanilla traders. But I'm thinking about some ammo to add, such as vog-25 and m203. You need to spend money after all.
- Edit of weapon sounds, since there are duplicates. Also, new weapons need them too. And yes, I edit each shot, reload, switch sound.
- New weapons: SKS, KAR98, FN2000 and G36 with grenade launchers as uniques that Nimble sells. Also, there will be that vanilla gun mp5 with .45 caliber (adding weapons are had due to finding proper models\animations\lore-friednly looks).
- Pistols has right animations (in terms of game).
- Rebuilt spawns: Zaton will have more mutants, in particular bloodsuckers, till extermination of the lair.
- I will integrate COP Unofficial Patch, stuff that can be added. There is already some usefull stuff as weapon and body janitor, cloudy weather after the emission.
- Fixes for old problems of Kovalski and Gonta, whe there was missing dialog.
- Fix for Mitay's friends, they could leave Yanov.
- All weapons will be rechecked for proper aiming, animations, reloads, sounds.
- LR300 and Sig550 have proper addon models (Thanks to PYP).
- May be there will be new menu, We'll see.
- Mod will be unpacked due to files overlaping. I'll try to make setup modular with easy canceling options, russian language will be as an option. Text will be translated. I will look for proper localizations.
So, ABR 2.0 will be that Vanilla+. I've got more knowledges about modding now, about different stuff. I will take my time to make things properly, to polish everything. Still, I will try to keep game difficulties challenging and friednly to new players (but sounds impossible).
Here's screens of new weapons (Kar98 has the "not HD textures" parts, but looks good in hands).
HK MP5 .45
FN F2000 X
HK G36 GL
Kar98 (SyntheticSnow's favourite)
Well, that's it. Be well.