The mod aims to provide mental exercises for strategy makers: with a high level of scaled*(see below) realism, realistic weaponry, realistic AI attacking and defensive strategy, and a relentlessly fast paced game play, the mod is for the past time of real generals! Highlights: 3 New Factions: China, Japan & Italy! 100+ new Units: Powerful Air Power: Pak-fa, F-22, Su-35BM, J-10B, F-15J, Eurofighter, Rafale & more are all at your command for Air-to Air Combat! Dominating Sea Power: Type 45, Arleigh Burke, Atago, FREMM-ER, Project 22350, Sejong The Great, Kilo, Lada, Soryu & Type 212, Type 214 are all at your dispose Devastating Area Denial Weapons: S-400, FD-2000, Mobile Patriot Launcher, SAMP-T, Type 12 ASM, & Bastion System, with their astonishing ranges, all are poised to give any attacker a devastating blow. 10+ new Buildings 4+ Innovative New Game play logic New Music Themes
The source files of recovered A General's Game 0.56R Installation Guide:To install, copy all files in the "ModCurrentVersion" folder and paste in your game directory. (And replace old files if you have previous versions installed)(Please ensure your "gamemd.exe" and "Syringe.exe" are both set to "none" or "unchecked" in windows compatibility mode) And use "RunAres.bat" to activate the game
Zip file contents:
The source files of recovered A General's Game 0.56R
To install, copy all files in the "ModCurrentVersion" folder and paste in your game directory. (and replace old files if you have previous versions installed)
(Please ensure your "gamemd.exe" and "Syringe.exe" are both set to "none" or "unchecked" in windows compatibility mode)
And use "RunAres.bat" to activate the game
Improvements of Naval Systems (Now ships are multi-functional "fortresses at sea"), decoy systems for navies and air forces platforms, AI for Israel, Italy and India, bug fixes, new and reworked units.
Major update with 4 new factions: Brazil, India, Israel and Italy
Various major updates in unit coding, balancing and game stability
Updated version with new units, super-weapons, balances, new game logic and bug-fixes
Highlights of changes
(1)Added Base Defenses for All factions, including
-Guard Post: to detect disguise units. It uses anti-material rifles against infantry units and aircraft, and uses ATGM launcher to defeat armored units: A deadly threat to enemy infiltrators like spies or terrorists
-Robot Control Center: to dispatch quad copter UAVs armed with SMGs and EMP grenades. It detects disguise and stealthy targets, and can passively fire EMP at vehicular and structural units to disable them.
(2)Added Strategic Units for America, UK, France, and Russia. A superweapon structure is required for them to become available to the player. (e.g. The Nuke Silo is required for Russia, and Weather Controller is required for America to procure them)
-Ohio Class SSBN for America: it is armed with long range(infinite range in game) Trident II SLBMs with 8 MIRV at 450 kt each. The missile has three stages, at its first stage it can be intercepted by ABM units and long range SAMs.
-Vanguard Class SSBN for UK: Armed with the same SLBM as the Ohio Class, the Vanguard class is smaller than its American counter part in displacement and dimensions.
-Charles de Gaulle (Nuclear Strike) CGN for France: The Charles de Gaulle class Carrier can be reconfigured to carry Rafale Ns carrying ASN4G air launched hyper-sonic nuclear missiles conduct nuclear strike missions.
-Borei Class SSBN for Russia: Armed with Bulava SLBMs, the Borei SSBN is the Russian's counterpart to Western SSBNs.
-Burevestnik SSM Launcher for Russia: To ensure the Nuclear Triad, Russians developed the 9M730 Burevestnik nuclear powered nuclear cruise missile with unlimited range (in real world and in game). Which carries a single 400 kt nuclear warhead (assumption) that is similar to that carried by Kh-102 missiles. Stealthed, the cruise missiles flight path can be altered mid-flight to further enhance survivability and payload delivery.
(3) Added Maritime Patrol /Anti Submarine Aircraft for Japan, Korea, America, Germany, UK, France and Russia: These long range aircraft carry a specialized ordinance tailored to defeat naval targets.
-P-3C for US, Japan, Korea, Germany and America: A turbo prop aircraft carrying Harpoon missiles and MK54 torpedoes against surface and submarine targets respectively.
-P-8A for US, Korea, and UK: A modified 737 with sophisticated ASW and surveillance equipment. The P-8A is a modernized ASW aircraft capable of launching Harpoon, and MK54 torpedoes at surface and submerged targets respectively.
-P1 for Japan: An quad-jet with higher speed and payload than the fable P-3C
-Atlantic for France and Germany: A turbo prop aircraft carrying Exocet missiles and air-dropped MU-90 torpedoes against naval and submarine targets
-Tu-142MZ for Russia: A flying legend, the "Bear F" strategic bomber is converted form Tu-95 by removing self-defense equipment and stretch fuselage to accommodate ASW sensors and weapons. It carries Kh-35U and APR-3 torpedoes against surface and naval targets respectively.
(4) Added Air-defense Cruisers/Destroyers for America, Japan, Russia, and China
-Ticonderoga Class Aegis Cruiser for America: Armed with long range Anti-air SM-2 missiles, Anti-ship Harpoon missiles, 5 inch guns, VLASROC, MK46 Torpedoes, Phalanx CIWSs, the iconic Aegis cruiser is a formidable surface combatant.
-Maya Class for Japan: Armed with state-of-art weaponry such as SM-6 missile, Type 07 VLASROC, type SSM, the Japanese destroyer is a equally formidable guardian of the sea as the Ticonderoga class Aegis cruiser.
-Asahi and Akizuki class destroyer for Japan: medium sized destroyers specialized in ASW and AAW, developed with indigenous "Japanese-Aegis" FCS-3 combat systems.
-Project 23560 Lider class nuclear powered destroyer for Russia: Powerful stealth destroyer armed with a formidable array of anti-surface, anti-submarine, and anti-air systems, such as ultra long range S-500F and Redut SAM, 3M22 Zircon hyper-sonic anti-ship missiles, 91RE2 VLASROC and Paket torpedo defense system, Palma CIWS and A192M naval guns. The Lider class is a force to reckon with for any navy.
-052C, 052D and 055 destroyers for China: A series of stealthy major surface combatants, "Chinese Aegis" developed by the People's Republic of China Navy. It carries HHQ-9 SAM, YJ series anti-ship missiles, ASROCs/ASW torpedoes, and rapid firing naval guns.
(5) ABM destroyer for Japan: The Maya ABM variant destroyer is a growth vision envisage by the Japanese MOD: armed with high energy naval rail gun and VLASROCs, the Maya is a formidable air-defense and anti-submarine ship. The high velocity rail gun systems enables it to shoot down enemy Ballistic missiles with minimal time delay before its first stage burn out.
(6)Stealth Frigates for Japan, UK
-30FFM for Japan: a highly stealthy medium sized frigate featuring Japanese indigenous weapon systems, such as Chu-SAM, Type 17 SSM, and Type 12 Torpedo.
-Type 26 for UK: a highly advanced stealthy heavy multi-role frigate featuring LRASM anti-ship missiles, CAMM-ER missiles, 127mm Gun, and VLASROCs.
(7) SPAAG for Russia: the 2S38 57mm SPAAG is an highly precise air-defense system based on a BMP-3 chassis. The high rate of fire, precision and range also enables it to engage terrestrial targets at distance.
(8)AS-90 155mm SPG for UK: the 155mm SPG is employed by the UK armed forces to replace the M109 Paladins since 1993
(9)Yasen SSGN for Russia: the Yasen SSGN is a relic from the Soviet era with modern equipment. It features deep diving depth and high speed, which allow it to evade enemy submarines. It employs a wide range of Anti-ship, ASW and self-defense anti-air systems, including Fizik 2 torpedo, 3M54K Club anti-ship missile, submarine launched (currently IGLA, projected to use Verba system) Verba self-defense anti-air missiles against maritime aircraft.
(10) AFVs for Japan, and Korea
-Type 16 MCV for Japan: a Wheeled tank destroyer featuring high velocity 105mm gun.
-K-2 MBT for Korea: a state-of-the-art MBT with composite armor, ERA, active defense soft/hard kill system, active air suspension, 55 caliber 120mm gun, high power to weight ratio (1500hp/55ton).
(11)UAV strike superweapon for Allied forces:
Now at a cost of 4000 credits, a squad of 4 MQ-9 Reaper UAVs can be summoned by Allied Robot Control Centers to drop 4 GBU-500 precision guided munitions at enemy targets anywhere on the battlefield.
(12)Hyper-spectral imaging scan for all countries:
Now at a cost of 1500, the spy stat building can provide a persistent reveal of any terrestrial stealth-ed units and structures at any location
(13)Re-worked strategic strike super-weapons for each country: Now each country can uses their own featured aircraft to drop their strategic/sub-strategic munitions:
USA: 1 x B-2 Spirit to drop 1 x B-83 Bomb (1.2 Mt each)
UK, Germany: 2 x Eurofighter to drop 2 x B-61 Nuclear Bomb (400 kt each) *German obtain B-61 via NATO nuclear share
Japan, Korea: 2 x F-35 to drop 2 x B-61 Nuclear Bomb
France: 2 x Rafale N to launch 2 x ASN4G nuclear strike missile (300 kt each)
Russia: 4 x Kh-102 at 450 kt each
China: 24 x H-6 to drop 12 x 500 kg high-drag bombs
Iraq and Libya: 4 x Su-24 to drop 4 x ODAB-500 Thermobaric weapons each
Cuba: 4 x Mig-23 to drop 4 x ODAB-500 Theromabaric weapons each
(14) Ka-52 Scout/Attach helicopter for Russia: The advanced counter-rotor helicopter is equipped with Hermes-A long dual purpose anti-air anti-armor missiles, S-8 rocket launcher, IGLA launcher, 30 mm Autocannon and a laser designator to call in Su-25 for CAS support.
(15) LPD for America and China: These amphibious landing docks will launch amphibious vehicles at enemy targets.
San Antonio Class for USA: the stealthy landing platform will launch a dozen AAV-7 armed with 40mm grenade launchers and .50 HMGs at sea, to assault enemy land and naval targets.
071 for China: the Chinese counter part of US San Antonio class LPD. It launches WZ-551s, armed with HJ12 missiles and 25 mm auto-cannons at enemy targets.
(16) Various aesthetic (Voxel models), AI and (speed) coding improvements. Bug fixes and balances.
Updated version with new faction, units, super-weapons, balances, new game logic and bug-fixes
Highlights of changes
(1) Reinstated Yuri Country with previously removed faction infantry, vehicles, vessels, buildings, with new additions:
New Additions For Yuri Country:
1.Yuri Special Forces: similar to Navy SEAL, with amphibious ability, anti infantry assault rifles, C4 sapper ability
2.Enhanced Brute: now incredibly strong physically, with ability to rapidly regenerating lost health.
3.Enhanced T-Rex: infused with Brutes ability to regeneration, and the ability to regulate their thermal output, the Enhanced T-Rex is a formidable recon unit with ability to stealth, withstand enemy attack and taking out enemy vehicles, infantries and even building infrastrutures.
4.Medics, Dog and Spies now are available to all factions, including Yuri Country.
5.Now Boomers from Yuri Country can launch long range LRASM stealth-ed missiles taking out enemy surface ships.
6.Now Slave miners are amphibious and can cross the sea by themselves
7.Now all MCVs including that of Yuri Country become amphibious and can be used to cross the ocean.
8.New Bio-hazard Drop super-weapon for Yuri-Country: at a cost, now Yuri-faction player can choose to drop triple effect: Virus, Chaos, Genetic Mutation bombs at enemy factions via bomber attack.
9.Refined Gatling gun animation, with salvos launching at enemy with deviation patterns of tracer rounds.
10.Fort for Yuri Country: A massive amphibious, open-topped vehicle capable of carrying 12 troops, which can provide additional firepower to the vehicle
11. Repair vehicle based on Yuri Gatling tank's chassis.
(2) Country specific super-weapon for China: the Chinese Nuke Launcher
(3)Reprogramming of Ship's functions: Now ships have multiple mode of operation. By clicking "deploy" on the boat and pointing the cursor on the ship, a mode identification will appear. e.g, after deploying, "Arleigh Burke Class" destroyer will display "Burke ASW Mode" showing it entering Anti-Submarine-Warfare mode.
This allows the ships to fire their main guns, torpedoes, switching their missiles aiming targets either at naval or land targets, or entering self-defense mode activating their close-in weapons against enemy air-attacks.
The improved ships include:
-Arleigh Burke Class Air Defense destroyer
-Zumwalt Class Ground Attack destroyer
-Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier
-America Class Amphibious Assault Ship
-Atago class Air Defense destroyer
-Izumo class Helicopter carrying destroyer
-Type 45 Air Defense Destroyer
-Type 23 General Purpose Frigate
-QE Class Aircraft Carrier
-FREMMER Air Defense Frigate
-FREMM General Purpose Frigate
-Charles de Gaulle Class Aircraft Carrier
-F125 Class Frigate
-K130 Class Corvette
-Sejong the Great Class destroyer
-Incheon Class frigate
-Project 1144M Kirov Class Battlecruiser
-Project 11430E (New Addition) Lamantin Class UAV Aircraft Carrier
-Project 22350 Frigate
-Belgorod Class (New Addition) Autonomous Underwater Vehicle carrying submarine
-Kuznetsov Class Aircraft Carrier
People's Republic of China (PRC)
-054A Class frigate
-CV16 Liaoning Class Aircraft Carrier
(4) Robotics for Russian Navy (requires the "Robot control center" now available to Allied, Soviet and China)
Now Russians can employ robotized vehicles in the following naval units:
S-70 Okhotnik (Hunter) UCAV for Lamantin class aircraft carrier, for air-defense and bombing missions.
Poseidon Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Belgorod class submarine: for clandestine underwater NUKE delivery
(5)Stealth-ed (cloaking) system for aircraft, structures:
Now Aircraft (F-22, F-35, PAKFA, J-20, FCAS, F-3, Tempest, B-2 Spirits), Missiles (SCALP-EG, KEPD350, LRASM, AGM158, Zircon, Kh102), Ships (Zumwalt Class), Structures (Bunkers and Tank bunkers) are cloaked from enemy detection via various means (stealth geometry in aircraft, missiles and ship design, and visual and IR camouflage for bunkers and tank bunkers).
(6) Black-hawk utility helicopter for US, Korea, Japan: essentially a flying battle fortress, from which its occupants can utilize their weapons against enemy within range.
(7) Now air-defense missile launchers can move after deployment, and can auto deploy when enemy aircraft is within its range. After deployment, the vehicle can enter tank bunker for stealth, and blast protection.
-S400 Launhcer (Russia)
-Patriot-Launcher (US, Japan, Germany, Korea)
-CAMM-L Launcher (UK)
(8) Added Natasha's Heroic Spirit for Russians.
In remembrance of Natasha Romanov's Bravery and Self-Sacrificing Love.
(9)Various bug-fixes and balances:
-Removed crashing bug from the French side air-defense missile launcher "SAMPT"
-Removed multiple queue system for AI player: now it cannot produce multiple units at the same time if the AI player has multiple factories (e.g. AI in before can produce 3 M1A2 tanks at the same time if it has 3 War factories)
(10) Added toggle power function as in Tiberian Wars (now can be set as a control hot key in options, suggest to use "number pad 1" as a hot key) To use, press hot key : number pad 1 (if set to number pad 1) and click the structure at the same time to toggle power.
Updated version with new super weapons, new game logic, re-balances, and new contents.
Highlights of changes:
(1) Added Aircraft Carriers for USA, France, UK, Russia, China. These massive vessels can launch map-wide intensive air-strike with focused fire power. They can both attack surface and air targets.
Make sure to defeat enemy carriers first to launch any land or surface ship offensive, or they will make a quick work of any offending forces.
US: Nimitz Class Carrier, with F-18E super-hornets launching GBU-500s and AMRAAMs
France: Charles de Gaulle Class, with Rafale Ms launching AASMs and MICA IR NGs
UK: Queen Elizabeth Class, with F-35Bs launching Spear 3s and Meteors
Russia: Kuznetsov Class, with Mig-29Ks launching KAB-500s and R77Ms
China: Liaoning Class, with J-15s launching LT laser guided bombs, and PL12s
(2) Added Amphibious Assault Ships/ Helicopter Destroyers for USA and Japan. These major surface combatants command a wing of VTOL fighter or Helicopters to perform surface strike, anti-submarines, or anti-air missions.
They complement their aircraft carrier counterparts by providing front-line and persistent fire power.
US: America Class Amphibious Assault Ship, with AH-1Z Vipers launching AGM-114s and APKWS rockets
Japan: Haygu Class Helicopter Carrying Destroyer, with Sea-hawk Js launching AGM-114s and MK-46 torpedoes. Also armed with ESSM local area defense missile
Japan: Izumo Class Helicopter Carrying Destroyer, with F-35Js launching JNAAMs and LJDAM-1000s
(3) Added Maritime Interdiction heavy bombers for Russia and US. These heavy aerial hunters will launch persistent barrages of anti-ship missiles at enemy surface ships from extremely long ranges.
Onboard electronic warfare systems will paralyze enemy surface to air missile launchers at long range to enhance survival-ability .
US: B-1B with LRASM long range anti-ship missiles with 450 kg (heavy) warheads and ALQ-161 Electronic Warfare systems.
Russia: Tu-160M2s with 3M22 Zircon hyper-sonic missiles and KRET-produced electronic Warfare systems.
(4) Hyper-sonic anti-ship missile-carrying aircraft Mig-31BM for Russia. These high-speed interceptors now carry hyper-sonic, long range Kh-47M2 Kinzhal anti-ship missiles with 500 kg (heavy) conventional warheads.
They can also take on air targets with their long range R-37M ultra-long range air-to-air missiles.
(5) Project 1144.2M Kirov Class Battle-cruiser for Russia. The soviet era battle-cruiser is retrofitted with advanced anti-air and anti-ship weaponry.
It employs surface launched 3M22 Zircon anti-ship missiles to take out enemy surface combatants at extreme ranges. And it uses the state-of-art S-400F anti-air system with 40N6 400-km range missiles to fend off enemy aircraft swarms.
Though heavily armed, and often credited the surface combatant with the greatest firepower in the world, it is still vulnerable facing enemy carriers with large swarm of carrier fighters attacking in sync.
(6) Re-coded Attack Helicopters: Uses ARES' improved logic, now attack helicopters carries much more a punch than before.
Previously, only two weapons of different targeting functions can be carried (e.g.: one for anti-ground, and one for anti-air, like the case of Apoc tank)
Now, attack helicopters carry auto cannons for anti-infantry, tank and air missions, short-range anti-air missiles for enemy aircraft, anti-tank missiles for enemy vehicles and structures and rocket launchers for infantries (if-laser guided, can aim for enemy aircraft)
US, Korea, UK, Japan: AH-64E Guardians carrying AGM-114s, Stingers, M230 30mm Auto Cannons, and APKWS rockets
France and Germany: Tiger HADs with PARS-3LR missiles, Mistrals, Giat 30 30mm rapid-firing Auto Cannons, SNEB rockets
Russia and Iraq: Mi-28NMs Night Hunters with Ataka missiles, IGLAs, 2A42 30mm Auto Cannons, and S8 rockets
Cuba, Lybia: Mi-24VMs Hinds with Shturm missiles, IGLAs, 23mm Auto Cannons, and S8 rockets
China: Z-10s with HJ-10 missiles, TY90 missiles, 23mm Auto Cannons, and S5 rockets.
Korea: AH-1 Super Cobras with TOW missiles, AIM-9s, 20mm Auto Cannons, and Hydra 70 rockets
(7) Sixth-Generation Fighters for France, Germany, UK, Japan. These high speed, high altitude, stealth fighters employ directed energy weapons such as laser and masers, and swarm UAV tactics to gain the upper hand against traditional adversaries of fighter, missile swarm and/ or area denial anti-air weapons
France and Germany: FCAS fighter with long range anti-air laser, and laser designator for calling-in ground-attack UCAV swarms
UK:The Tempest fighter with long range anti-air laser, and command systems for SPEAR-EW electronic attack loitering munitions for air-defense suppression.
Japan:The F-3 (i-3) fighter with long range anti-air laser, and long range masers for taking out enemy missiles electronics and radar systems.
(8) Fifth-Generation Fighters for Korea, the KF-X. The indigenously developed fighter aims at creating a fighter of higher stealth characteristics than the French Rafale and British Typhoons.
In-game, the KF-X uses Meteor missiles to fend off enemy fighters and uses IR/ECM countre measures to distract enemy surface to air missile launchers.
(9) Added Repair Vehicles for China, Cuba, Libya, and Iraq
China: ZBD-04 Repair Vehicle
Cuba, Libya and Iraq: BREM-1 Repair Vehicle
(10) Added Bomb-drop super weapons for each side:
Allied: B-2 Bombers dropping W-83 nuclear bombs at intervals of 12 minutes and cost of 50000
Soviet: 3x Kh-102 strategic missiles at intervals of 12 minutes and cost of 45000
China: 14 H-6 Bombers with 10 conventional high drag bombs at intervals of 10 minutes and cost of 40000
(11) Added T-14 MBT and T-15 IFV for Russia. Theses advanced AFVs are born from the Armata Universal Combat Platform. Featuring advanced automation, fire control systems, and armor, these are a force to be reckon with on the battlefield.
T-14 MBT is armed with advanced long range, automated rapid reload 125mm Main gun, and AA Heavy Machine gun.
T-15 IFV is armed with Kornet E long range Anti-tank missile with 30mm Auto-cannons, and is capable of carrying 9 infantries which can contribute to added fire power using their weapon onboard.
(12) Artillery and MLRSs for France, Japan, Russian, Cuba, Libya, and Iraq.
2S35 Koalitsiya-SV for Russia: The advanced SPG is capable of firing at a range of 80 km and at a maximum fire rate of 16 rounds per minute. It is also based on the Armata Universal Combat Platform.
2S3 2S3 Akatsyia 152mm SPG for Cuba, Libya, and Iraq.
Type 19 155mm SPG for Japan. The fast moving SPG is based on a 8x8 truck.
Caesar 155mm SPG for France. Similar to Type 19, the Caesar (8x8 version) is a fast moving SPG on a truck platform.
BM-21 Grad MLRS for Cuba, Libya, and Iraq. The famous, or infamous MLRS is based on a truck providing high mobility and firepower.
TOS-1 Heavy Flame Thrower system for Russia and Iraq. The tank-based MLRS fires thermobaric rockets at moderate to short range (up to 10KM with new rockets), it provides a intensive fire power at short range against enemy personnel, light armor vehicles, and structures.
(13) Technical for Cuba, Libya and Iraq. Theses pickup trucks are armed with a dual 23mm AAG, providing fast transport and firepower across the battlefield.
(14) Stealth-ed infantries: Now Tanya (when not firing) and Snipers (when still and/ or deployed) are stealth-ed, providing them an edge against enemy long range attackers
(15) Kill driver function for snipers of all three sides: When vehicles of different armor level falls to a certain percentage of health points, (the more heavily armored, the lower the health point level needed for the enemy sniper to perform a kill-driver attack)
Enemy Snipers can attempt to shoot the driver and make the vehicle neutral.
(16) Driver function for G.I.s, Conscripts and Light Infantry (initiated) for all three sides: Now these infantries can capture neutral vehicles by entering and commandeering them. (Can be used in conjunction with the kill driver sniper functions)
(17) Re-coded AC-130s (now in AC-130J Ghostrider standard), now fires 30mm Auto-cannon, 105 mm Howitzer, SDB bombs, and Griffin missiles simultaneously.
(18) Various bug fixes and AI coding (still Work in Progress)
(19) Added (thanks to Mig-eater) China interfaces.
(20) Added AI Control functions (can be set to "I" key) in options, to allow AI to take control of the Player side.
(21) Now Miners from all three sides became amphibious, thus a broken bridge won't become a problem from resource gathers.
These miners utilize air cushions which inflates when they enter water bodies, in conjunction to their flotation "boxes" within their "between tread" spaces to maintain sufficient buoyancy.
Updated version with quality-of-life improvements, re-balances, and new contents.
Highlights of change:
(1)Added windows compatibility from "cnc-draw" to enable windows 10 compatibility, enabling (long anticipated for me!) Alt-tab functions to switch between apps without issues. Also higher resolution settings, e.g. 1920 x 1080 is supported without issues.
(2) Added new background National Anthem themes from tens of countries.
(3) Re-balanced infantry, vehicles, buildings' hp and damage.
(4) Added new experimental Aircraft Carrier functions with spawns capable of both attacking land and aerial targets.