7th Serpent is a third-person shooter modification for the Max Payne 2 game engine thrusting players into a world of corruption, secrecy and vengeance as they control Damon Pryce - the main character - who has been subjected to experimental testing and is left to his own devices in order to extract the truth from those who keep it from him.
This mod will be released in chapters to help break down the projects into more manageable workloads and allow us to keep the interest in the mod high. We have been working undercover on this since mid-2003 and a significant head-start has been accomplished by the time the first chapter is unveiled. Additionally, there are two chapters in development at any one time and by the time one is released we will already have made significant progress on the next installment. As such, gamers won’t have to wait too long between chapters to get a dose of the mod.
* Varied, Interesting Gameplay. Our team subscribes to the “gameplay is king” maxim and we intend to do our best in order to maintain the tradition set by games like Half-Life 1 and 2 and the Max Payne series. 7th Serpent aims to provide a fun, exciting and original interactive playground where gamers will always have the next fresh experience to look forward to. Our collective creative power is regularly harnessed to come up with truly remarkable scenarios around which the success of the entire game revolves.
* Cinematic Flair. We envision 7th Serpent as a cinematic tour-de-force that the Max Payne engine lends itself so well to. For 7th Serpent, we want the cutscenes to translate the same cinematic glory found on Max Payne 2. We want them to be innovative, fresh, sophisticated and stylish, not another generic attempt to develop the story. However, to really put you in the game our emphasis falls squarely on scripted events that happen right there as you play the game and make you marvel in awe. We are trying to create a living, breathing world into our game and we want the player to be completely immersed on it.
* Great-Looking Visuals: 7th Serpent is a visually-stunning ride that ups the ante of what a modification can achieve. Our level artists have a relentless ambition to reach commercial-game quality standards and show gamers and entirely different visual experience than of the Max Payne games. We are doing our own prefabs, importing our own meshes from high-end modeling packages and using our own texture libraries to really make the mod stand out.
* Interactivity With the Environment: Our level design is based around giving the player different ways to approach a given challenge and learn to utilize the environment to his advantage. The Max Payne 2 physics implementation is admittedly limited but our team is determined to go past the mostly aesthetic ambitions given to physics in Max Payne 2 and try to push it more along the territory pioneered by Half-Life 2 with its largely inventive and creative physical puzzles. We are also going to great pains in order to fully implement physical features into every object on our level worlds.
* Graphic Novel: Replicating the approach Remedy took in Max Payne and looking to achieve the same level of immersion into the story, we are incorporating graphic novels into the game. They do however stay away from Max Payne’s particular style and feature a certain proprietary artistic aesthetic that fits the themes and story of the project.
* High Production Values: 7th Serpent promises to go to greater lengths in order to give gamers an experience comparable to what a AAA commercial game offers. We are recording our own orchestral score, casting our own voice actors, painting our own graphic novel, doing our own modeling assets, and all around doing whatever it takes to come up with a refreshingly refined and polished game modification.
For the sequel to 7th Serpent: Crossfire, be sure to check out 7th Serpent: Genesis
Max Payne 3 has just blown into town like an old lover so why not reminisce about the old days by replaying the original two games.... Modified!
The Real World
It wouldn't be a Max Payne 1 mod if we didn't have some high flying kungfu and bullet dodging now would it? The most recent of all the MP mods to be released, however it is only a demo. Lets see where they go with this!
It seems you got anime in my angsty. Katana draws you into the violent and chaotic world of an Assassin on the run: - from his Order; from the shattered remains of his past; and from the haunting screams of the countless people he's murdered.
This mod was acutally modeled after a real university and a story played around it! It makes use of a few other mods like Kung Fu 3 Deluxe Engine (by Kenneth Yeung, MrUniq) and the Enemy Kung Fu (by Ghasp) engine to round (house kick) out the mod.
The Family is a truly unique modding experience, as it follows the story of the young gangster Tony in an entire black and white film noir-ish world of the 1930's mafia era.
Payne Effects 3
It wouldn't be a modding guide without one overhaul mod, and this one is really good. With new spectacular unique effects and with lot of key features that will drammatically change the original gameplay. Everything is created to improve the original feel of the game without loosing the Max Payne signature.
7th Serpent: Crossfire and 7th Serpent: Genesis
Thrusting players into a world of corruption, secrecy and vengeance. Two different chapters within the same universe. Made by ModDB's ye'old editor Stenchy and his team, so you know it is good!
Mona: The Assassin
Mona Sax is a contract-killer, a job at which she excels. When a Mafia boss sends his army of mobsters after her, assaulting her hideout and forcing her to flee through the city streets, it gets personal and real nasty. Play through a fan story of Mona Sax!
You can find many more gems right here on ModDB! Max Payne's new story can wait a little longer can't it?
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (2 agree) 9/10
Possibly the biggest mod I've seen so far, it has new weapons, sounds, music, though it has reused skins but our protagonist looks new to me. It's got a decent story but we all know its a excuse to blow shit up :D It really does look like a future with new models all over the place. Blade Runner-esque. We take on some commando's, then we take on the entire police force, and SWAT... and then military. Its carnage we haven't seen before, and if that isn't enough we also take on heavy artillery. Its…
Jan 9 2012 by TheUnbeholden