This mod tries to remove the 30fps cap of unit, particle and building movement. By using the highest game speed option everything can move at 60 fps.
Patch 0.2 ground battles are now playable and further adjustments
Patch Notes 0.2
- ground Battles should be playable now but there are still some issues
- proper acceleration and deceleration for spaceships
- corrected speed for space breakoff props
- mouse pointer and radarmap timings adjusted
- transporters should move normal during space battles
!This mod does not boost performance!
This mod is not actually changing that much. Movement of models and particles etc. seems to be bound to the "game speed" settings in the options menu.
If you slide it all the way to the right it doubles game speed and all particles and models move at 60 fps.
But since nobody wants to play accelerated all the time I tried to change certain settings in the XML folder about movement speed, recharge time, build time etc.
Some values are doubled while others were divided by 2 in order to keep the original stats of units and turrets but at a higher frame rate.
You should notice that everything moves much smother than before. But keep in mind that i probably missed some values.
I changed no animations so they are all sped up unless i could change them via an XML file.
I only changed values for Skirmish Space Battles so thats what should work the best. I did not try Galactic Conquest, Campaign or Ground Battles but GC is probably still fine.
1. Place the extracted "60fps" folder in your "Mods" folder.
2. Place "Launch 60fps.bat" in your root directory of Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption.
3. Open "Launch 60fps.bat" to launch the mod.
4. In the main menu go into options and set the "game speed" setting for ground and space Battles to the maximum.
5. Try it out and let me know if something is not working correctly.
Let me know what you think about my mod.
I know there are still things that are not properly adjusted to the higher game speed. I did not look in every single XML the game has to offer.
If you find something strange or unbalanced let me know so I can try fixing it.