This member has provided no bio about themself...
Check it now the new version 3.0 of the mod.
Follow the Installation instructions in the Readme/Documentation. (You can find it on your Desktop)
Thank you, expect new version soon.
Probably you have left other files from other mod, be sure that
- RA2 folder is clean from any new file before the installation of this mod
- the Red Alert 2 is updated to version 1.006 and Yuri's Revenge to version 1.001, and
- run the game from RA2IT from Desktop.
Probably Ares don't support version of the game's executables ra2md.exe, and gamemd.exe. Do you run it from RA2IT from Desktop?
Missions are not compatible with the mod, so now are disabled.
Probably your game directory was not clean, i.e. you have installed other mods before, or the versions of the game's executables ra2md.exe and gamemd.exe are not supported by the Ares.
It will have more Intelligence in next version.
Installation was fixed.
Fixed along time ago.
Read the Readme it is says: Ra2 v.1006, and YR v.1001.
Campaigns are not compatible with the mod.
No, missions are disabled.
En: Do not mix different versions of the same mod, and do not install more then one mod at a time.
Esp: No mezcle diferentes versiones del mismo mod, y no instale más de un mod a la vez.
(Google translate used.)
On what OS?
It is possible ARES to not support your version of the game, maybe some other patch is already applied on the ra2md.exe, or on the gamemd.exe like nPatch, or other, and that makes the game in-compatible with the Ares.
Check do you have some other files from some other mod in your RA2 directory.
It is possible next version to have zip (simple extraction) option too.
No that is not an option, however, strange question having in mind that everyone with nowdays bigger screens look for a bigger units not for smaller ones...
Because of your wrong installation, you RA2 directory wasn't clean and there are files from other mod that overwrite the files of this one, and you get a mixed result in the game, as you see there are more than 400 downloads/installation and no one else complaints about this, so it must be on your end.
You don't have clean install, or there are other 3rd party files in your RA2 directory, or you have some problem with installation, check do you have ra2md.csf installed.
Check is ra2md.csf there (in your RA2 directory) before installation, if it is there delete it, and after that install the mod.
1. Cargo plane is not meant to be used for attacking at all, if you put infantries into it and sent the plane somewhere, you should use CTRL+click to "shoot" the passengers out with parachuts at that location.
This is the limitation of the game, same issue can be found when using caryall to "shoot" a vehicle via parachut on some location.
2. Problem is at your side, you've problem with working of the mod.
Probably "clean" status of the game.
3. Thank you for bug reporting, will be fixed.
3. (You have write 3. two times :) ) Soviet Psychic Beacon can disapear from the list in case if you lose some pre-req building as:
Nuclear Missile Silo, Soviet Battle Lab, or Soviet Construction Yard.
You must have all 3 structures from above how you can be able to see and build Old Soviet Psychic Beacon
4. Tested. This is just not true.
5. Yes, that is any last ordered plane for build, because you have cargoplane "parked" on one airfield pad, if you send somewhere the plane, the progress will continue.
6. Prism can shoot anti-air (AA) so the missile of ICBM can be destroyed in the air by anyone who can shoot AA.
P.S. I'm glad that you enjoy the mod.
When I've tested the game, and make a repack for it, I've forced default directory to "C:\Westwood\RA2", and that behavior was mistakenly kept in the mod installer template, now I've fix that, and fixed installer for the mod is uploaded.
Thank you for your quick response.
As I see, your base folder has not contain fresh clean install of the game, there are save files showed on the video.
Advise: Check for "expandmd99.mix" or any "*.ini" files in your RA2 directory and if some existed - deleted it!
First of all, Installer works just fine, installation path can be changed from the installation window, and the shortcut has relative path (and not absolute to C:\Westwood)
What you are doing is wrong!
1. Choose to install to %YOURDRIVE%\Westwood (or whatever), and
2. You will get shortcut to desktop with the workable path.
If you want to go all the way around, i.e. to extract the files to default location "C:\Westwood", and move them from there to %YOURLOCATION%, then after moving them, you need to run the game from "RA2IT.bat" and not from gamemd.exe, or ra2md.exe.
If you run the game directly from gamemd.exe, or ra2md.exe then ARES is not loaded, and the mod wouldn't work properly, or even game crush is possible.
Old versions ware deleted!
Nothing is cutted of from the new version (v1.5), so users no have any use of them, at all.
Allied Tech Tree updated to version: 1.5.
Soviet Tech Tree updated to version: 1.5.
Yuri Tech Tree updated to version: 1.5.
News updated to version: 1.5.