This member has provided no bio about themself...
The mod currently only works with the 0.22 version of 0AD, not 0.23. I'm neck deep into getting a massive update out.
Fall-eef is how I pronounce it.
Where you able to get the game installed, or is the installer itself giving you problems?
No, it currently only works on 0.22. I'm working my fastest to get a 0.23 version out.
My other project pretty much has soaked up all the time: Moddb.com
It has a huge community and a lot of interest, so it makes more sense to devote more time to that.
No I don't think I am. I have always seen Zelda as part of the Sword and Sorcery genre, I'm not exactly fond of the technology and sci-fi direction the series has been going, especially with the Sheikah who were traditionally more of a cult-like, secretive order of assassins and not a large race of techno-scientists. The Sheikah will likely be more influenced by details from OoT and TP. I am not opposed to some of the visual designs for things like outfits the Sheikah have in BOTW though.
- Open "oalinst.exe" to install Open AL. This is required for sound to function.
- Open "installstarfoxeh_part1.exe" to install the first part of the game.
- Open "installstarfoxeh_part2.exe" to install the second part of the game.
Play the Game:
- Upon starting up Event Horizon for the first time, you will be prompted with a menu. It will automatically search for your Event Horizon install if it does not detect it.
- In the "Audio/Joystick" tab, be sure to set your Preferred Playback Device to "Generic Software" in order for sound effects and music to play.
- Be sure to disable the options in the "Speech" tab if they are enabled, otherwise the engine will attempt to play horribly simulated voiceovers.
- It is highly recommended but not necessary to increase the screen resolution in "Video Tab."
- When you are ready, press Run.
- Click "Continue" at the main menu to begin the Training Level.
- All the Freeplay missions can be found in the "Tech Room > Mission Simulator" menu.
Did you read the instructions on the installer download page?
1. This is due in part to the engine matching the animations to the rate of damage. To slow the animations I'd have to lower the DPS of unit attacks. It is possible but I'd have to tweak damage values so that units are not too weak.
2. The maps will probably be resized to be larger to compensate for larger buildings. I don't feel confortable having comically small buildings next to giant units.
3. I'll consider having civilian units also trainable at houses, I'm not sure if it will break balance yet or not.
4. I'm not opposed to speeding up training times, I've just stuck with the 0AD template for now while I'm getting things into the engine.
I like the Shepard more too, maybe it will get TOS/TMP-fied for the next era.
Here ya go: Discord.gg
The Discord channel is probably the best place to set up matches: Discord.gg
Age of Mythology is probably just about my favorite RTS game. 0AD kind of lets me replicate that in Hyrule.
The Zora cannot harvest trees, as none of their buildings are made with Trees. They (and the Gorons as well) can only gather material from Stone. The Gorons can only gather food from Rock Sirloin Mines, seeing as they don't eat anything organic. Most factions will have radically different resources from each other.
Gorons can only harvest food from Sirloin Mines, which you have to build. Zora and Gorons can only harvest Material from stones, they cant harvest from trees. Each faction will use radically different resources from each other.
It's a lot easier and a lot faster then getting things done in Medieval 2. The devs are still supporting and updating the engine with new features too.
You might be able to arrange some matches with people on the discord channel: Discord.gg
I always recommend getting rid of older versions before installing new ones unless it specifically says that it's a Patch.
0AD doesnt support LOD's (Level of Detail) models yet, so it's going to be a bit laggy on lower end machines until they add such a feature into the engine.
"i wonder whats for dinner" Gives you 1000 food
"ill grab my stuff" Gives you 1000 wood
"come back when youre richer" Gives you 1000 rupees
"bomb some dodongos" Gives you 1000 stone
"light in my lair" Reveals the map
"all true warriors" Gives you random heroes (while building selected)
"how bout a kiss" Converts the currently selected unit to belong to you.
"you must die" Kills the currently selected unit.
"sure is boring around here" Speeds up action.
"squadalah" Spawns Gwonam
"as it is written" Defeats player instantly. The default is player 2.
"scrub all the floors" Gives you random citizen soldier. (while building selected)
"mah boi" Gives you 100 million of each resource.
Increases the maximum population to 500.
Speeds up actions.
Advances to city phase.
What's the usual resolution of troop center unit sprites?
About how many animations are there per unit and about how many frames does each animation have?
Separating the Geonosians from the Confederacy was a neat idea. Will the Geonosian troop center units be Geonosians themselves or still the super battle droids?
I like a lot of the factions for different reasons, I don't think there's any that I'm not looking forward too in some way.
In general the Gohma and Lanayru are some of my favorites. I'd probably place the Moblins and Ordona near the bottom of my interest list.
No there is no limit. I could theoretically have 9999 factions and the engine would be able to read them all.
Breath of the Wild made a connection between the Zora and Elephants for some reason.
There are multiple giant fish and whale-like creatures in Zelda games with large wings, most notably the Wind Fish and King Oshus. Considering there's no trace of Jabu Jabu in his domain in Ocarina of Time when you return as an adult, it's plausible he's the same species and they grow wings as an adult.
They suit the River Zora more.
Yup, and the Gorons have Salamanders in their armies now and the Gerudo have a camel unit.
Breath of the Wild inexplicably made a connection between the Zora and Elephants with their Divine Beast. I decided to create an aquatic elephant with fish-like features, something that might explain the connection. Considering Bigocotos were moved to the River Zora faction the Dominion also needed a new mount for their cavalry.