HoN Modder and Gamer
All the amazing features of Project Reality with the already amazing AIX mod content and superior COOP gameplay. What else can you ask for? It being stand alone? That would be great but maybe it is too much to ask, the dev has already worked on this for over 6+ years. He is an amazing russian!
This mod is incredible at giving a fresh feel to any Shogun 2 Campaign and also Battles. The only issues are that the Merchant Ships are unable to trade when moved to sea trading zones and a mayor issue with Partugal's artillery units not being able to be moved from their starting points... They should be movable since they have wheels and in fact you can move the Culebrins (cannons) but they then get bugged and try to return to their original positions not firing at all. If the devs fixes those 2 small remaining issues then this is a 10 out of 10 mod!
A brave team modding the best engine that CA has ever produced! Already making strifes with working shields and other assets previously tought imposible to be modded into Shogun 2! Keep going Last Alliance team!
This is incredible! A must have for any Vampire fan.
The quality and design of this custom campaign is top notch as anything Wesp5 does. And if it has something to be improved upon you can rest assured that Wesp will fix it no matter how long it takes!
In my 10+ years of trying D2 mods, this one is by far the most coherent and lore frienly but also packing numerous MUST HAVE changes, fixes and improvements to nearly every aspect of D2, potentializing what makes the game great and unique while downsinzing its flaws.
Some of my favourites:
- Increased but smart item drops that somehow feel more meaningful without making you OP at all.
- Reduced the grinding time needed to get relevant items. It is not 2002 anymore so we don't have hundreds of hours to spend on a game anymore.
- Gold feels harder to get but is more important! Gold feels valuable like real gold now!
- Removed broken DODGE/EVADE animations on the Amazon that made the skills useless! Now the Amazon can use her pasives!
- Amazon Bow skills rebalances and magic imbued arrows/bolts make the BOW skill tree viable for the first time!
- Hero fixes and changes that make more builds viable without breaking each character's core gameplay nor making them OP such as the two points mentioned on the Amazon abound. (Except for the Paladin that feels somewhat unloved).
On the "not so good" side:
- There is an overabundance of potions spawning throughout all chapters. You will never need to buy a single potion as they spawn like hot bread on Christmas. It is a bit too much, or quite a lot too much. I would reduce it by 50% if it was up to me.
- I find MULTIRES at 1080P and directDraw working much better than the 1337x970 glide solution that this mod is compatible with. I tried porting MultiRES to this mod but failed because it uses a custom PLUGY. MultiRES has the added benefit of drawing monsters much further away so missile based heroes work much better, also monsters teleport far less (or even not at all) while using GLIDE makes the monsters teleport next to your character and even hit you from OFF SCREEN somehow due to weird SYNC issues.
The dev is super cool and even provided a clean D2 installation for those who don't know or don't want to indulge in D2 version downgrading...
Basically the best mod for BF2142 ever made!
Sgt_Prof and his team are incredibly talented.
IMO, Project Remaster just needs to become standalone to reach its full potential and also continue expanding the mod's uniqueness compared to vanilla.
With those small last steps the mod is definitely a 10/10!
This mod is awesome! It basically turns BF2 into a 2015 tittle with all the gameplay and graphic improvements you would expect from a newer tittle.
It is important for me to point out that even thou the author suggest a GPU with 1.5GB of RAM I can run it comfortably on a Macbook Pro 2015 15'' Touchbar Core I5 2.9GHZ with a ****** Intel Iris 550 GPU (512MB dedicated) and I get constant 80+ FPS for me with all settings on MAX and 1080P resolution. (Lowest was around 50fps)
So, even if you don't meet the system requirements go for it!
Well done for a one man team! SHOWS LOTS OF LOVE :)
This mod is one of the best out there, try it out and see for yourself, I enjoy playing rome 2 again!
PS: Thanks devs
This is simply amazing... very balanced mod, no crazzy and anti lore units, just very very smart and balanced design just like real game devs or even better! Very passionate and devs... it shows!
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.