Hi! Thanks for visiting! I am working on on a new project - a UT3 mod/mutator for the PS3 called ESACPE::PROTOCOL_
This project is important to me as I pursue my goals of one day having a career as a software engineer as a Gameplay Engineer and one day a Weapon Designer. And I want to prove it by making this gameplay mod.
Currently, I'm working at Electronic Arts and have worked at other game companies like Sony, (so for all my EA and Sony friends or associates, drop me a line :) ).
I apologize for this being late, but there were last minute changes and bugs that had to be finished and fixed before I posted. I feel better putting out something that shows progress and onwards to completion rather than having bugs and work that I will need to eventually revisit. So with that:
WHAT I HAVE DONE:
· Continued finalizing of level design(from starting cell to Cell Block 2 entrance) including additional geometry for cell interior including prisoner cells, guard tower and entry hallway leading to cell block 2
· Additional static meshes for lighting assets, doors individual cell computer terminals for door access to later be used by MPC and NPC's
· Matinee sequence for Introductory pan as user enters game and begins in starting cell and pointing first objective to deactivate wall panel
· Matinee sequence for Cell block 1: intro panning length of prison cell and glimpse of cell block layout; includes zoom, fades and pan's highlighting key areas including, prisoner cells, the guard tower, Cell block 1 door exit and deactivation panel
· Kismet sequences used as parent functionality of Matinee sequences for all cell doors in cell block1
· Kismet sequence used as parent functionality of Matinee sequences for cell bar deactivation; DEBUG = trigger is used for computer on desk - this is not the final design....
WHAT I AM BLOCKED ON
· Basic colors for texture and materials still in progress; for now the default tiling on geometry seen for beginning of March iteration
· Unable to test PS3 mod authoring; lamp in entertainment/living projector that is connected to PS3 has burned out; a new bulb has been ordered and informed by shipper of a 7 to 14 day delivery.
· Creation of decorative meshes and objects (signs, posters, desk, chairs, beds, cameras, NPC droids, etc.); need to install a free 3d modeling program such as Blender or "find a way" to get 3DS Max
WHAT I AM DOING NEXT
· Continuing finalizing level design creation and attributes will include from hallway 2 entrance to Cell Block 2 exit.
· Use Matinee to create a Cell Block 2 intro
· Test PS3 mod authoring
· Implement Basic colors and textures from starting cell to Cell Block 2
· Improve cave pathway from access to Cell Block 1 to Cell Block 2
· Being creation of a prison lockdown clock
· Begin creation of a prisoner message ticker banner.
(see timeline below)
Please see the attached updated screenshots and video for the February walk through of the changes described in the post.
Thanks for taking the time to read and feedback is always welcome!
No blogs were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the blog list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The Unreal Tournament 3 Developers Group is for teams that have chosen Epic's new Unreal game to base their mod on.
This group is for automotive enthusiasts of all kinds.
No groups were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the group list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Start a group and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Stopping by to give you a shout out man ! Hope everythings goin' you way on the EP project! All the best to you.
Hey MrBCut !
Hows it going on the mod work ? Sounds as if your definitely motivated and moving in the right direction ! You've got a good solid story-line to expand from ( well written by the way ). I didn't comment, but it looks as though you've also been making some fin progress on the 3DS as well. Keep up the hard work and I'll try to stop by more often.
Glad you've found this community to be as enjoyable as I do. A wealth of knowledge and good people here.
Thanks for the kudos on the tutorials. To be fair, they're in dire need of an update, but I'm pretty busy at the moment. As it happens - they should be the earliest tutorials for UT3 full stop; because if you noticed, they were written before the game was actually released, haha. The similarities between UT3 and previous unreal games when it comes down to the basics can definitely give you a real good footing; in fact UnrealScript itself has so barely changed at all, you can get away without knowing any of the new stuff really easily.
Feel free to add me to your friends list, and if you're looking for advice / an opinion, ask away.
hi mr bcut
hope we can make this work....someday soon right?
glad to be working with you
thanks for setting this up
Hey fellow modders and gamers!
I am part of a team creating a game using the UT 2004 game/engine and I look forward to Mod DB member's insight and support and providing feedback if I can.
So far I found a lot of good stuff! Thanks all - keep it coming!