This member has provided no bio about themself...
Finally got a notification about comment ;) thanks for your support! and yeah, perfectionism is my curse :)
oh s**t... :) well, in about halfway through work I had to do some other stuff, because of a little life-quake and some other circumstances. But I will back to Carnage soon, as soon as possible. I wish I could finish it before Christmas, but I can't promise this date. But I will try. I want to make a lot improvements, some of them are ready. I can't publish it because it's completely new app, although it will look very similar. Many years have passed and I can't even look at my old code ;)
The good news is the new version will be much better: faster, more functional, much more customizable, intuitive and more user-friendly.
So you have to be patient. Quoting the classic: what's the release date? "When it's ready" ;)
The question is: what do you mean? Is it totally awesome or you had some problems with app ;)
I'm still working on the new version. It will be much better, but I need a few more weekends to make it working. Next it's necessary to perform a series of tests. 2 months should be a safe prognosis, this time... :)
Thanks for suggestion, I will think about it. 21st century units do not fit to mutants in my opinion, but I will consider how to solve this inconvenience ;) It would be something like Railgun Tank for Survivors, Gort and UFO for Series9, Dropship for Evolved. Random thought. I'll check is it possible and useful for gameplay balance.
Thank you! Finally I found and resolved senile problems of my twelve years old computer :) (overheated and probably damaged southbridge). All project files are safe and moved to the new PC with all necessary tools installed. So... YES! There is a big chance, although it will take some time. Maybe 2 weeks, maybe 2 months. Stay tuned!
It should work with GOG version, but you can send me your kknd2.exe file to kruszer0x29A[at]gmail.com. I will check is it unknown for Carnage or is it some other problem.
Remember to compress it file with password because of gmail security alerts when sending executable files.
Please send me your kknd2.exe file to kruszer0x29A[at]gmail.com. Remember to compress it with password because of gmail security alerts when sending executable files.
It should work with GOG version
Thanks very much :) Sorry for late reply, I don't have any notifications about new comments here. How it worked via LAN? Did you have any problems? I will gladly find out something about your experience, because I did just some basic tests with LAN, nothing more.
Well... I implemented a HP multiplier, so you can relatively increase damage by decreasing HP. Except the case where you want to set greater damage for e.g. infantry only. Implementing damage multipliers would take much time, but it is possible and I know how to do it. Let me know if HP multiplier meets your requirements. I don't want to promise antyhing, because of too little free time, but it is possible. By the way, recently I found some ugly bugs regarding increasing HP multipliers when playing survivors or series9, and I started to write a new version of Carnage which solves this problem and then... hdd on my old computer with my IDE and new Carnage sources just lost partitions xD Currently I'm trying to restore these files. If it will end with success, version 1.30 will be close :) Otherwise I will be mad...
So it's similar to Polish dubbing, which in many cases sounds so unnatural or just... different, e.g. I got used to English speech in Homeworld 2 and later I played Polish version. The voices was even close to English ones but in overall it had different overtone, different atmosphere (in space :D ). But indeed German speech in KKND2 is better done than English.
*The resolution for units maintenance desyncs can be speed up of timer, so it will work faster than game frame rate, but I'm not sure it will work stable and will not take too much CPU.
It could be hard to do that, probably impossible in some cases. For example:
- tanker capacity and solar RUs: I can try to find some other values in memory which could substitute the old ones without that side effects. But I can't guarantee it's possible.
- desync caused by units maintenance - this is caused by small differences in accurate game states between players. I set mod's timer interval to 100ms, so it checks "is it time to check units number and overwrite cash" 10 times for second. For first player it can be "tick" at frame e.g. 20154, but for second player it can be frame 20157, so two different game states. This causes different decisions of AI. There is no synchronizer in KKND2, so in practice players play two different games.
- CTO fix: it interferes in team settings, it apparently works for singleplayer mode (so it is helpful) but it crashes game in multiplayer mode, there is no byway for it.
- unlimited multi maps: I totally tricked the game there ;) it "thinks" it holds only 20 maps, but player sees as many as he want. I did it by dynamically overwriting maps list depending on the "map" button state. So the list of maps is changed by every click of "map" button. When someone is joining to the host, the game compares their maps lists. Even one difference can cause situation when players could start a match on different maps. The only solution for that would be connecting players by mod, so I would have to write all network stuff. That's a lot of work, it's much easier to follow the instructions ;)
In sum: some day I'll try to improve some options, but I can't promise it's possible.
I put some troops voice samples from C&C Red Alert and one from World In Conflict in place of original ones. I think they sound much better, but it's my subjective opinion of course ;) This feature works only with English versions. Damn, I forgot to implement the proper message box... well, at least there is an information in Readme file ;] I see no point in mixing new English samples with German version, but if you want I can make it possible.
It's nothing scary :D I mean the options that may cause some problems like bugs, desynchronization in multiplayer mode or unexpected effects. An example: "CTO fix" prevents showing "connection timed out" and "no units left" messages in singleplayer mode (quite effective so far), but in multiplayer mode it may crash the game. Another example: generally changing tanker capacity or solar/thermal incomes works properly, but if you start a mission after playing earlier match/mission, all units will shoot to each other (a very strange bug).
xD thank you for your appreciation ;)
btw, do you know the "Clan Coyote"? It's a German clan and some of members play KKND2.
I did not doubt you for a moment, I was sure you will post a comment here :D
Contact me on my e-mail ([my nick](at)gmail.com). I have no notifications about comments posted here.
You can't place any "playable" objects (agents) in Terrain Editor. To do this, you must export your project to *.km format and edit it in KME (original editor) or KME 2.0 (unofficial editor, also called "kmpe").
If editor asks you about KP file, it means it doesn't exist in the path saved in KM file. Are you sure that chosen KP matches to KM project? Can you send me both files? My e-mail is [my nick][at]gmail.com
You're asking how to change palette? Follow these steps:
1. open your map or create new poject using the KP file you want to edit
2. right click on some tile in the list
3. select "Edit Selected Tile" option
4. export ground or top layer to bitmap
5. change the palette of saved bitmap in some graphic editor
6. import that bitmap to tile layer
7. yes, you want to change palette
9. save changes!
I made a "patch" for Larc.exe using DOSBox emulation.
The new files in KME 2.0 directory are:
- lfix.exe (opens larc.exe with DOSBox)
- DOSBox folder
- kmpe_eng_hextranslation+LarcEmulation.exe (launches lfix.exe instead of larc.exe when exporting map)
And you checked 'multiplayer' mode in my editor AFTER placing all creatures, right?
What is your OS?
You mean "02_test_kmpe_creatures.km"?
If you write messages to my e-mail ([my nick][at]gmail.com) I will able to respond much faster, I have no notifications from here.
I created KKnD2 Terrain Editor in order to make creating map easier and to solve a problem with overlapping top layers (e.g. trees). Also creating map by placing layers simplifies doing eventual corrections (if you saved your project in *.kl).
You even must export maps to KME 2.0 to add creatures (File -> "Export to *.km (kmpe)").
Are you sure there are all needed creatures?
It can be a problem with single/multiplayer mode. It does not work well in this editor (btw it's not mine, here is the website of one of it's authors: 0xaa55.kknd2.com )
You can try open this map in my editor (KKnD2 Terrain Editor), select File -> Project Properties, check the mode you want, click Apply and File -> Export Map to *.km.
Let me know if it solved the problem.
Well, I worked on it a lot, more than one year ;) The second tutorial is not ready yet. To change palette of project you need to import some bitmap in other palette using 'Edit Tile' window.
e.g. if you want to convert some highland map to winter theme:
1. create new poject using Highland_winter_kmpe_02.kp (attached to editor)
2. right click on some tile in the list
3. select "Edit Selected Tile" option
4. export ground layer to bitmap
5. open the map you want to convert
6. create new tile (ctrl+T)
7. import that bitmap
8. yes, you want to change palette
10. now you can delete that new tile
11. save changes!!! ;)
Thanks a lot :)
That's not the first editor since the original one. "KME 2.0" is unofficial map editor modeled on original KME. It's required if you want to export maps created in my editor to KKND2. KME 2.0 is available to download at the link placed in my readme.txt.
It's a whole map converted to this palette. In the description there are links to this map and KKND2 Terrain Editor. Check it out and have fun ;)
How to convert earlier created map to different palette I'm gonna show in the second tutorial.
so you mean ignoring reload time when unit gets the next order to shoot before the 'end' of previous shot. unfortunately I have no definite idea how to fix this and I think it's very hard to locate it in memory.
fast attack? the ctrl key is 'defend' order, alt key is 'forced attack', that enables you to attack yours/allied units.
anyway, at this moment I don't know how to change keyboard shortcuts and I'm not planning to search for it.