Doing mods for random (which I like) games
Impressive, no doubts!
True widescreen fixes are always nice.
This game is a masterpiece. Gothic, badass, sometimes scary, sometimes funny. Very interesting story with interesting storytelling.
Changed my mind after v2.0 release. If you're doing a "Classic Mode" so don't include M16 and Stamina+Kicking in Classic Mode. It must be in "Modern Mode". For "Classic" you MUST save v1.0/v1.1 features.
I was the one who waited for the release of this mod. I recommend to play this mod, but I'll give only 6/10. This mod has pluses and minuses. So:
1) The atmosphere. I liked that post-apocalyptic world with sex/erotism in decent edges.
2) The story. The scenario has a lot of cliche, but I like how it's going. This is why I play this game further when I wanted to drop it due to hard difficulty (read minuses section).
3) Weapons. I don't like mods which one have a big weaponry with the same firepower. This mod doesn't have this problem. I've used all weapons (except the melee) all the time during the walkthrough.
4) Enemies. I liked most of mod's bestiary (except the "cat woman boss" due to her design and idea).
5) Level texturing. It's a really good textured mod. All levels are pretty.
1) Level design. God dammit most levels have a problem called "Where the hell I must go???". In Level #13 I spent about a 30 minutes due to grey key searching. I've "talked" with robotic guy many times to understand where is the key. And dammit I was in needed room about a 20 times - I just don't recognize the GREY key in the GREY floor with GREY walls! Honestly, I've dropped this mod in Level called "City of Ghosts". I spent about a hour in this map and I don't get it how to finish this. I'm really tired, sorry.
2) Music. Don't get me wrong - mostly music is interesting in this mod. But few midi tracks are bad. Mostly due to a really short duration. Especially "Sweet Dreams" song-cover by Marilyn Manson. I've got a headache TWICE due to short and looped music. For mods like this music must be a really long (10 minutes). Especially it's the midi so it can't be so big in megabytes.
3) HUD. I liked the Toxic Pallete idea but green numbers under the green-yellow template - oh no, it killed my eyes. First 3 levels I was getting used to it for understand which numbers I see. First time for me it was a mess. Also I disliked the main heroine face in HUD. I know it's not so easy to make such sprites but she is so amateur-drawed here! For serious dark mod it's too childly.
4) Hit detection problems. Mostly - tentacles. WHY they damage me when I'm far away from them? Especially when they're near the doors. Also explosive toxic barrels are too "fat" - you can't run between them even if you're going in empty "sector" between them. Also hated instantly-killing toxic lakes - sometimes you just going near this and dies for no reason.
I want to say that it's a GOOD mod, but far away from "perfect" score. I liked it and spent about a 3 nights to play it. Mad Wolf, you did a really good work but those minuses (especially level walkthrough problems) killed my moral sanity. So that's why I give you only 6/10.
Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language.
I've played beta version of this mod when Sgt. Mark IV wasn't so popular. And I really liked it. And I can say now that this mod is really cool.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.