This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by tsukimomo on
Hi! I go by tsukimomo here. This year I want to participate in the NaNo event. If you don't know, it's a month-long game jam taking place in March to make story-based games. In fact, I've been wanting to do it for a few years. Anyway, I want to pitch an idea that has prominent/notable inspirations from the animes Tokyo Ghoul and Servamp. So far, there are three members in the team including myself: two writers/coders, and one artist/manager. As you can see, it's not a full team, but I'm hoping to expand it so we do our best to get the game (BL + one girl interest) done!
Ezra leads a normal life... that is, until he meets a mysterious girl named Lune, who is supposedly a hunter of these demons that look like humans and feed on "love" by feeding on flesh or blood. Ezra is tasked to keep watch on three of these demons located around the area, and Ezra goes into the task without much expectation, but soon he finds himself getting much more than he asked for... Will he end up biting off more than he can chew with these dangerous yet alluring demons?
※ The reason why it's called "Belladonna" is because of the idea of it being beautiful yet also poisonous at the same time. In a few ways, it's comparable to the demons here. It's a little far-fetched (though there may be mentions of it in the script), but that's the general idea behind it.
· Ezra: someone akin to a leader: he is willing to lend a hand to anybody if need be. He is able to adapt easily, and for the most part he is a nice, chill guy. However, his past still gives him doubts and insecurities - he only hides them behind a reassuring smile. Ever since meeting Lune, his life has been in more chaos, and now he must survive in a world where these demons exist.
· Idris: an idol who can be described as two-faced. He is quite famous for his androgynous/angelic singing voice, and he and Lorelei live under the same roof, though they hardly get along. Although he can be really nice in the public, he likes to tease and in reality has a bit of a darker view on the world, probably because he's not a human. Despite having a smile on his face, he can be hard to read... in the end, is he telling truths or lies?
· Kitt: A cheerful a bit of childish boy, Kitt has a bit of a boyish charm to him. Although he is probably the last person anybody would expect to be a demon, he is one - he just doesn't take any pride in his identity and tries to live his life as much as he can as a human. His smiles and laughs are contagious, but Ezra can't help but eventually notice Kitt may be hiding something - he seems to have a strained past with Lune...
· Lorelei: A sharp-tongued girl who lives with Idris for reasons unknown, though she doesn't think so well of him. In fact, she thinks quite the opposite - so much so that it's sometimes a wonder that Idris's stuff is still in tact. Any grudges she holds or temper tantrums she throws are often ethereal. She doesn't seem to like talking to people in general and tends to come off as cold, but she can be very expressive too.
· Lune: A mysterious girl who gives Ezra the task of watching over some demons in the area. She is supposedly a "hunter", but that's only what people label her as: she has never killed any demon before. The relationship between her and Kitt is strained due to a past incident, but neither oblige to say a word. She is quiet, but it's evident she would give up her life if it meant keeping people dear to her safe.
※ Although Lune's character will be explored, she herself will not have a route.
We're looking for multiple positions to fill. It's preferable if applicants are 15 or older because of slightly disturbing content that may be present in the game, though if you know you're comfortable with that kind of stuff and you're interested, we encourage you to reach out to us and work with us during the month of March!
· Artists - We are looking for pretty much every type of artist, but mainly BG, GUI, and Logo.
· Writer - starshine001 will be writing Lorelei, I will be writing Idris and Kitt. However, if you are willing to join as a writer to write Kitt's route, I'd be happy to take you in!
· Musician - theme song + more as needed.
· Other? Am I missing something? If you are interested in working with us, but don't see a role you specialize in above, feel free to send a DM anyways, and we'll see what we can do.
* ABOUT MONEY PAYMENT: Seeing as this is a NaNo game - and is therefore being released for free - I will only offer monetary payment as a last resort and as long as I can afford it. The last part's emphasized.
· If this shorter version is a success, there is a planned expansion, which will include generally more content (more word count) and more developed stories along with potential dialogue variations based on the player's choices, more unlockable scenes and epilogues, etc. There will also be an additional, non-binary (they/them) route, Eden, who will focus on the "origin" because there is a story behind all of this.
· Even though the story is generally meant to be on the darker side, there will definitely be some comedy as well to lighten things up a bit.
· Both versions - the NaNo and the expanded version - is planned to be released for free.
· For communication, we mainly use Discord to chat (it's a pretty fun chat, we even have a channel where we chat about anime/manga/VNs because we're all fans) and Google Drive for assets and script.
Thanks for your interest in advance! If you are interested in working with us, shoot me an email at email@example.com, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. It's preferable if you have some previous samples - they don't have to be very big samples, but I want to get a taste of your style as well. If you have any questions, feel free to also send send an email with the question. Thank you!