This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Level Designers located Anywhere.
Posted by Halcyon Winds on
The Cepheus Protocol is going to be designed as a Top/Down Real-Time Strategy Game. The player(s)
will control an 8 man squad, comprised of unit types of their choosing as they explore the city of San
Francisco, desperately trying to stay ahead of a rapidly evolving viral outbreak.
● Dark and Creepy
● Strong use of Light and Darkness (Shadows)
● Units realistically detailed and design
● Levels based on real-world locations (San Francisco)
● Real-world weapons
● Real-world military and civilian vehicles
● Some concept real-world military vehicles (Military vehicles not in service)
● Weather effects - Rain and Fog
● Day and Night cycle
- Experience in UE4/UDK
- Spend 6-8 hours a week working on project
- Must attend our weekly meetings and active on Discord almost daily
- The willingness to manage and assign tasks to modelers under you
- Basic Knowledge of blueprints
- Positive attitude
- Willing to take and give positive criticism
General Level Design Rules:
Take responsibility for the Zoho cards, and areas within the level which are assigned to them.
Coordinate with the lead on deadlines, and ensure your deadline is met.
Communicate with the lead and co-lead if any problems, or situations that come up
Pay attention while working for any potential problems, or difficulties which may stall progress, or hamper our productivity or deadlines.
Give a report of your work every day that you work in the engine in the Discord Report channel.
Once you believe you've finished a Zoho card, set it to "Awaiting Approval" and report it in the reports section to be checked by a lead.
Ensure you are understanding and developing your areas to the guidelines set by the art director, story, and level design leads, to ensure the atmosphere, feel, and functionality of your levels are consistent and appropriate.
General Level Design Development Steps:
(This is a general guideline of developing a section in level design, which must be followed
Payment will be on a percent basis after the game is released everyone on the team that helped will receive an amount calculated off the amount of work they did that makes it into the final build. We plan to release on steam and any other services that will allow. Everyone is required to sign an initial Royalty Contract and a final upon release. Leaving the team before release will lower your overall percent