All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
Official TE 1.51 Beta Bug-thread (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : TE Bugs / Glitches : Official TE 1.51 Beta Bug-thread) Locked
Thread Options
May 31 2012 Anchor

>>>NOTE: This is in NO way a complain-thread, this is to make the job simplier for Carnius to fix bugs. A beta means a game you test for bugs and is NOT a demo.<<<

I decided to make a where everyone can post bugs they've found in 1.5b, I will update this post with each new bug people report.

To report a bug here, write any information thats related to the bug, aka: Where it happens, how, any specific line of events that causes it and so forth.
--------------------------------------

1. The Banshee "Tiberium Fuel" ability currently uses the text of the upgrade of the same name.

2. Nod Soldiers have the same Dig In ability as the Scorpion Tank, yet its not actualy clickable.

3. Orca Carryalls have the Firehawk Statobooster-upgrade icon.

4. The Unit-crate exclusive "Roach Tank" when clicked sometimes responds with "Scorpion tank!"

5. Clicking the Super-weapon countdown timer in the upper left corner still focuses the screen on the super-weapon, even though its hidden in the fog of war.

6. The Mutant "Mobile Sensor Array" has the ability to call for an Orca Carryall, though it's not functional (Greyed out despite having a GDI Airfield built). I presume this ability is not supposed to be there.

7. A couple of units are using the wrong model for "Formation move", as seen here:
Screenshot.xfire.com where the new Harvester is using the model/outline of the old Harvester. The same issue is observed on the GDI Mobile EMP Cannon which uses the model of the old GDI Rig.

8. Nod Cyborg Commando has a stealth upgrade, but it doesnt cost anything to upgrade. Is this on purpose or a bug?

9. When clicking on many structures, such as the Refinery for both GDI and Nod, as well as in the building-tab, they use the old images from Tiberium Wars. Example: The GDI Refinery has the picture of the EA version with the giant tiberium pool of death and contamination.)

10. The Tiberium Beam upgrade has the word "Secret Shrine" misspelled as "Secret Shirne". Screenshot: Screenshot.xfire.com The misspelling occours in all units which are affected by this upgrade.

11. The Scanner Pack-upgrade for the GDI Sniper Team is broken and has a missleading information to it.

12. JumpJet Troopers "AutoInjectors" does not seem to have any reference to where the upgrade is, and its misspelled. Correct spelling should be "Auto injectors", alternativley "Autoinjectors".

13. The Nod Cyborg Hijacker can be used to "steal" your own units by using Ctrl + Mouseclick.

14. Same unit as mentioned above does not seem to be able to steal some/all crate-exclusive units, such as the old Pitbull or the Roach-tank.

15. Cancelling (Pressing S) while an (built) Orca Caryall is about to land to pick up any unit will break its transport function.

16. Tiberium still does not take damage from GDI sonic weaponry.

17. Captured structures from an opponent with a different handicap than your own keeps their handicap status. So say if you are playing against an AI with 95% handicap and you capture a strucutre that the AI built, that structure will still take massive damage from your own units, as well as repair extremely quickly.

18. Nod Operations Center EMP Missile simply vanishes from the structure when the ability is used.

Edited by: TheNodCommander

Jun 4 2012 Anchor

Firehawk, Rig, Tempest and Mammoth does no AntiAir Damage against Orca, Orca Bomber and Firehawk!

Jun 29 2012 Anchor

Carryall is bugged, once you transport a vehicle or try to put multiple vehicles in it, even after youve canceled it it refuses to transport anything.

Dec 10 2012 Anchor

If you have Corrupters, and use them to turn enemy infantry into Contaminators, they (Contaminators) don't reveal fog of war. Img502.imageshack.us

WhiteWolfReborn
WhiteWolfReborn Tiberium Essence Text Editor
Jan 17 2013 Anchor

My Massive Bug Report

Ppmsite.com

My report covers GDI, Nod, and the Mutants. It does not cover the Scrin because I do not specialize in the Scrin.

The biggest game-killers I have found are the ineffectiveness of antiaircraft missiles which do no damage to aircraft, and the issue of GDI Field Medics inside any transport which is destroyed thus causing the entire game client to crash.

My report is long, but it also includes suggestions and ideas for different units and covers issues that I have discovered.

Supplemental:

-seems missiles actually do work in an antiaircraft format against enemy targets...just not when force-firing on your own units...
-Cyborg Commando overcharged plasma shot can be fired against enemy aircraft with devastating effect

Edited by: WhiteWolfReborn

Jan 18 2013 Anchor

I see that you have been missing a few things posted around ModDB, WhiteWolf.

Gates are already being added (Allthough, with a slight catch) in as an example, and Tiberium growth beyond the original patch is impossible in the C&C3 engine, it's too limited.

But you do have plenty of good ideas, such as redrawing Con Yards and other derpy designed structures; as we got most of the units 'fixed' from EAs nonsense now, I think its time to concentrate on the structures.

And lastly, as your document is more than just a bug-report, please make an entire own thread about it!

WhiteWolfReborn
Jan 18 2013 Anchor

I'm not sure I can; I don't think I have admin rights.

Oh, right, on Gates, some of the notations were written down before I was aware Gates were being considered, so if you see something that's being put in, well, move on down to the next one :P

Feb 22 2013 Anchor

Enemy A.I. can teleport Assimilators in a large radius, where as you can only teleport them in a small radius.(I'm not sure if they are capable of teleporting them anywhere on the map or not.)

Recently I was playing the Nod campaign, and I used a Cyborg Hijacker to hijack a mammoth tank that was fully ranked and had the rail gun upgrade, when my cyborg hijacker hijacked the mammoth tank the rail gun upgrade was removed and the ranks were gone as well. I'm not sure if this is a campaign only problem or not, but it doesn't seem like a bug that would be exclusive to the campaign.

WhiteWolfReborn
Mar 4 2013 Anchor

Well, hell, I guess AA weapons can damage aircraft...just not when force-firing on your own units in some cases...

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

Is there a chance that the D3D (out of memory) crash bug will be fixed ? I'd love to play the mod but it is crashing consistently after some minutes. Same does happen for my friend. We can play other mods like Kanes Wrath Reloaded without a problem.

You can view the crash popup here : www.viciousbyte.de/images/cnc3crash.jpg

Edited by: LarkinVB

Mar 26 2013 Anchor

To this awesome figure Carnius, you do some fine work on this mod.
And it does really bring me back to the good old times when i was playing TS. So your amazing work does warm a half old heart ^^But i did find this strange bug in the 1.51b mod.
When i use the super weapon rift on enemy's rift generator it becomes around half damaged, and after that something strange happens.
The rift generator goes in invincible mode in a sort of way, nothing says it is there but it is. You can see it and their countdown clock still goes.
But it is no way to totally destroy it. Kinda sucks bigtime when the timer is under 0:20 sec left to it is active and youre running short of army beacuse you can't destory the building.. (been there, done that)
And it is the same happens the opposite way.
And a fact: 4 teams did have invincible rift generators at the end, and that sucks bigtime when 3 off them is on the counter team....

WhiteWolfReborn
Apr 30 2013 Anchor

I'm seeing some more additions to the next version; I'm very excited!

I'm going to be amending my big-ass bug report to include some extra ideas.

On the Montauk and Kodiak, I'd love to see voice clips from McNeil and Slavik and the vehicle crews put in. I'm already working on extracting the audio from Youtube.

Apr 30 2013 Anchor

WhiteWolfReborn wrote: On the Montauk and Kodiak, I'd love to see voice clips from McNeil and Slavik and the vehicle crews put in. I'm already working on extracting the audio from Youtube.

Loving that idea. Good thinking, WhiteWolf!
Even though Westwoods original idea that McNeil died when the Kodiak crashed, I never was too fond of that. Especialy since you never even saw any proof of the fact that he was aboard the craft at the moment (As seen in the cutscene, only a female officer oversaw the loading of the Tacitus).
Fun note; the TE-Kodiak and Montauk is referenced to on the official C&C wikia: Cnc.wikia.com and Cnc.wikia.com

WhiteWolfReborn
Apr 30 2013 Anchor

Indeed. I've already chosen lines; I will work on obtaining an audio program that allows me to splice the clips; then I will send the ZIPs to Carnius via the PPM Essence forums.

Also found some specific lines for Umagon in GDI 5 when she says "I can help you" and my favorite "My name's Umagon, and you better use it!"

I read the C&C3 book and heard crazy things about McNeil surviving the Kodiak crash...though I saw that thing go down. The entire cockpit was sheered clean off. I don't think there's any way anyone could have survived that...Although it is possible McNeil was not on board at the time of the crash. We know for certain that Chandra was on board, but that is all...

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see if we can inject the voices! This will be my project for the day once I get my paper done...

...can you imagine Kane roaring "Kane...lives!" once the Montauk rolls onto the battlefield? I've picked that line :D

May 1 2013 Anchor

WhiteWolfReborn wrote: Indeed. I've already chosen lines; I will work on obtaining an audio program that allows me to splice the clips; then I will send the ZIPs to Carnius via the PPM Essence forums.

Also found some specific lines for Umagon in GDI 5 when she says "I can help you" and my favorite "My name's Umagon, and you better use it!"

I read the C&C3 book and heard crazy things about McNeil surviving the Kodiak crash...though I saw that thing go down. The entire cockpit was sheered clean off. I don't think there's any way anyone could have survived that...Although it is possible McNeil was not on board at the time of the crash. We know for certain that Chandra was on board, but that is all...

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see if we can inject the voices! This will be my project for the day once I get my paper done...

...can you imagine Kane roaring "Kane...lives!" once the Montauk rolls onto the battlefield? I've picked that line :D

Westwood and EA agrees that everyone died in the crash. However in EAs version McNeil was never aboard. You can read that on the official C&C wikia.

But that does indeed sound like it could be quite nice. As long as the voices are of good quality, a suiting 'tone' and without background noise.

WhiteWolfReborn
May 5 2013 Anchor

Indeed so.

The clips are ready! They have been split into archives to allow for posting to the forums!

Ppmsite.com

May 26 2013 Anchor

Seems like GDI Medic is most bugged and abusable unit of all times.

He will completely heal after each changing into Battle hospital.
Upon first changing into Medic (sell) half of his price will change into credits. (800 => 400)
And due to WhiteWolfReborn, game crashes upon destroying air transporter type unit (Orca carryall,Nighwind),
where Medic dwells. Does it apply to Scrin Ravager Gunships too? I guess that bugs floats to surface mainly during multiplayer.

Aug 16 2013 Anchor

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or if I'm just misunderstanding the upgrade. The Black Hand Elite upgrade at the Secret Shrine claims to upgrade all militants and black hand squads with an officer unit, and also claims to allow them to engage airborne infantry. I assume that to mean GDI's infamous Jetpack troopers to which I have lost more than a handful of games. However, standard Nod infantry that receive this upgrade are still unable to shoot at Jetpack troopers. So....what's the deal?

Aug 17 2013 Anchor

I also dont know what Carnius meant by that. Confessor has a laser rifle, allows hallucinogenic grenade,but it hardly can mean that they,including Confessor shall gain AA. Confessor of Militant Rocket squad also dont have laser rifle which would be able of AA (But MR squad itself of course has the AA)
Jumpjet trooper OP resilience is known, everyone is pleasing him to do something about it in 1.52.
I noticed that JJt can be healed inside Barracks,altough he is still in flight altitude. He will fly right above barracks,suddenly dissapear and then suddenly appears above barracks again. The roof hatch of 1.4. could come handy again, so we dont have to hassle with changing altitudes.
Hes not able (I think) to enter Combat hospital in low altitude. I must try if he can enter it when in flight altitude. I wonder if its hard to script so they cant enter these structures when in flight altitude.

Feb 2 2014 Anchor

Seems like not much has changed in terms of balance :/

Feb 3 2014 Anchor

50predator50 wrote: Seems like not much has changed in terms of balance :/

This isnt a thread about balance. And we are waiting for a new release any week now.

WhiteWolfReborn
Feb 15 2014 Anchor

1.6 is out! Although I never got the text document from Carnius...

I suppose i'll have to acquire whatever program is designed to mod C&C so I can better prepare for it next time.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.