ROTR Manual Installation
The Instructions support multiple mods; no launcher, just generals.exe with barebones game
1. ensure your Zero Hour is patched to 1.04 and works properly
2. copy C:\Games\Zero Hour\ to C:\Games\ROTR\ (repeat for each mod e.g. copy C:\Games\Zero Hour\ to C:\Games\Shockwave\)
3. run ROTRBeta_185.exe and install to an empty directory e.g. C:\tmp_rotr
4. copy C:\tmp_rotr\ .gib files to C:\Games\ROTR\ and rename all to .big
5. copy C:\tmp_rotr\0000000.016, 00000000.256, Install_Final.bmp and overwrite the ones in C:\Games\ROTR\
6. copy C:\tmp_rotr\Data\Movies\ROTR_Intro.bik to C:\Games\ROTR\Data\Movies\
7. copy C:\tmp_rotr\WorldBuilder_ROTR.exe to C:\Games\ROTR\
8. delete C:\Games\ROTR\Data\Scripts
Test run C:\Games\ROTR\generals.exe and see if it works. Make a backup of the directory and registry at this stage helps to avoid repeating the above steps.
You can now choose to install two optional components before cleanup with Uinst_ROTR_Beta185.exe
You should skip SWRNet as it's integrated with the ROTR Launcher.
C:\tmp_rotr\SWRNetSetup.exe (also required .NET4.0 and SWRNet update)
1. ensure your Zero Hour is patched to 1.04 and works properly under CrossOver(Wine)
Assuming your Generals and Zero Hour are installed in C:\Games\Generals\, C:\Games\ZeroHour\ in CNC Bottle
2. Duplicate Bottle - CNC to ROTR
3. Open with bottle in ROTR and install ROTRBeta_185.exe into an empty directory e.g. C:\tmp_rotr
4. Finder - go to "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/ROTR/drive_c/tmp_rotr"
5. copy /tmp_rotr/ .gib files to /Games/ZeroHour/ and rename all to .big
5. replace /tmp_rotr/0000000.016, 00000000.256, Install_Final.bmp under /drive_c/Games/ZeroHour/
6. copy /tmp_rotr/Data/Movies/ROTR_Intro.bik to /Games/ZeroHour/Data/Movies/
7. copy /tmp_rotr/WorldBuilder_ROTR.exe to /Games/ZeroHour/
8. delete /Games/ZeroHour/Data/Scripts
Create launcher with "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/ROTR/drive_c/Games/ZeroHour/generals.exe" -xres 1024 -yres 768 -quickstart
You can now choose to install MapPack before cleanup with Uinst_ROTR_Beta185.exe
SWR.net does not work due to Windows virtual LAN driver cannot be implemented in CrossOver(Wine)
Beta Test version follows the same process, read ROTRIntrl_Lnchr.dat as text for details on file placement.