Transmission Code: 15593 (#42)
Posted a little later than usual this week. - Nic
Extended Show Notes
- 00:00:40 - William and Emanuel are joined by guest-host Phillip Marlowe and later on by Robert Yang of Radiator.
- Segway: Phillip shares his likes and dislikes around the topic of Radiator - Emanuel decides to dig into him a bit.
- Segway: Talk a little about Research and Development.
- Segway: “The Bad Mod Mentality”
- 00:09:30 - Phillip announces the closing details of the dm2sp.com competition.
- Segway: Discussion about different competitions and possibly how another one could do better.
From the Mouth of Valve
- 00:13:20 - Zeno Clash SDK released
- Segway: Should SP Mods go straight to retail? Should MP Mods go straight to retail?
- Segway: Are you willing to pay for something that could be a mod that goes retail?
- 00:20:19 - Left 4 Dead Update Released
- Segway: Hint at the new TF2 Update, that turned out to be fake.
- 00:21:14 - Level 0-0 Rebuild (HL2 Map)
- 00:22:25 - The Great Escape
- Segway: PlanetPhillip yearly awards + hints at a Podcast17 mod of the year
- 00:27:55 - Physics Drydock (HL2 Map)
- 00:32:15 - Beyond Reality
- 00:34:15 - Pulse Episode One Beta 1
- Segway: Discussion about Demos.
- 00:37:11 - Modular Combat 1.75 Released
- 00:40:10 - Obsidian Conflict’s birthday, 1.35 heads up.
- Segway: SMod and Counter-Life.
- 00:42:40 - Combine Insurrection Weekly Progress Report #2
- 00:44:00 - Blue Shift: Reassignment Media Release
- 00:46:00 - Morning Faith Development Special #1
- Segway: Discussion about narration.
- 00:48:45 - Logistique - Short News…
- 00:49:40 - Orion - IRC Server Relaunched.
- 00:51:20 - “Yama” L4D Campaign is beautiful.
- 00:53:15 - Triage - Just a quick little update.
- 00:56:00 - Firearms: Source - Blue Player Model, Map Updates, and Sako Rk.95 Showcase.
- 00:56:40 - The Lost World: Source - Weekly Update 03
- 00:57:48 - Robert Yang of Radiator arrives.
- 00:58:15 - L4D: Dead Before Dawn Trailer
- 00:58:54 - Insurgency Media Update
- 00:59:30 - Perfect Stride Continuum - v2 Coming Next Week
- Segway: Emanuel and Phillip argue about technicalities again.
- 01:04:10 - For Hire - Media Update
- 01:05:11 - BLACKSECTOR - Update #9 - Prepare For War
- 01:06:00 - Jailbreak! - King of the Hill
- 01:07:16 - Modular Combat: Server Files Coming Soon!
- 01:07:40 - Interview with Robert “campaignjunkie” Yang from Radiator.
- 01:11:04 - Connections between player and character + details on how a mod like Radiator can emotionally touch gamers.
- 01:16:30 - Details about the characters in the Radiator Series with a segway towards how he came to develop 1-2.
- 01:20:25 - Developers being Typecasted.
- 01:21:48 - Information about voice acting.
- 01:25:50 - Discussion about immersion.
- 01:35:32 - Why didn’t 1-2 have a time limit?
- 01:36:00 - Let’s talk game design school.
- 01:39:25 - Let’s talk about the difficulty and lack of “tutorial”.
- 01:42:50 - How many people actually beat the mod?
- 01:46:00 - Information about Radiator 1-3
- 01:48:18 - Engine limitations and further development.
- 01:51:30 - What’s more important, dialog or gameplay?
- 01:53:00 - What is in the future of Radiator?
- 01:55:15 - Development Cycle
- 01:57:00 - End of Interview
Question / Discussion
- 01:58:40 - PlanetPhillip Poll Question 134 - Do you kill when you don’t “need” to?
- 02:09:15 - Wrap-up.
From the Mouth of Valve
- Obsidian Conflict 1.35 heads up
- Combine Insurrection Weekly Progress Report #2
- Blue Shift: Reassignment Media Release
- Morning Faith Development Special #1
- Logistique - Short News…
- Orion - IRC Server Relaunched.
- “Yama” L4D Campaign is beautiful
- Triage - Just a quick little update
- Firearms: Source - Media and HL2.net interview
- The Lost World: Source - Weekly Update 03
- L4D: Dead Before Dawn Trailer
- Insurgency Media Update
- Perfect Stride Continuum - v2 Coming Next Week
- For Hire - Media Update
- BLACKSECTOR - Update #9 - Prepare For War
- Jailbreak! - King of the Hill