Here's some info on how to go about making your own mod monster sprites!
- the game currently only accepts monster sprite mods, however moddable background tilesets, items, sound effects and music may come in a future release
- most of the current sprites are 32x32 pixels for each frame of animation, but some are 52x52 to look better when scaled up to Android/PC device hdpi resolutions (e.g. viperbeetlelv1x.png is 52x52, but maskboylv1.png is 32x32)
- put custom monster sprite sheets in the pack1/data/ sub-directory (pack1 should be on the same level as the Voyage executable, README.txt, files/ and lib/ )
- each sprite has 4 frames of animation for a direction
- there are 5 directions to design art for: front, back, left, up-left, down-left
- the other directions (right, up-right, down-right) are achieved in code by flipping the sprite horizontally
- some sprites have a separate melee attack animation (e.g. GrayLady/YuniOnna)
- some sprites have normal and "special" attack animations (e.g. Maskboy)
- still other sprites have separate melee AND ranged or special attack animations (e.g. Nosferatu)
- for new sprite graphics it would be best to use a 52x52 pixel base frame
- the game would really look best if the sprites have a slight perspective from the top (e.g. 45 to 60 degrees) rather than "face on". This will match the background tilesets. (see the starting village building perspective)
There's a zip archive you can download at the Peculiar Games website. It contains all of the current monster sprite sheets, a README file, a couple of png files to visually explain the sprite sheet layout and example new Nosferatu and Boxer sprite sheets drawn by Shroomarts.
Have fun and good luck!