We've been hammering our way through the VCD development process as we attempt to get it ready for Steam, so today we bring you the new v0.24 update! This one, like v0.20, is only available with pre-orders. Check your Humble page for the download link.
- Save system (players can now save the game and return to it later)
- Plasma welder (patch up bullet holes, destroy objects, make a mess)
- 64 bit exe
- Improved physics & networking
- Lots of fixes
- Added save game system which allows you to save your cleaning progress for later.
- Fixed bloody footprints not working in Zero-G Therapy.
- Fixed incinerator doors not having any effect on burn rate
- Made trunk objects not count as mess (on punchout)
- Same for incinerator
- Made lantern more robust
- Added welding laser
- Objects can be burnt or melted by welding laser and fire
- Scanner now treats scorches and bullet holes as non-blood mess
- Bullet holes in Med Bay and Splatter Station
- Updated VCD to UDK 2013-07
- Prevented spawning scorch decals on incinerators
- Fixed 2 hand items using 1 hand pickup anim
- Fix for janitor colors reset on death
- Made briefing screen show up when respawning
- Implemented splat and debris limiter options
- Fixed Bin showing a tiny bit of yellow when spawned in bin machine
- Fixed jump weapon impulse
- Fixed ‘G' key making weapon disappear
- Implemented 3rd person anims based on current tool
- Improved rotation of fire spawned scorch marks
- Fixed Scorches not washing out correctly
- Splash screen
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Gave each map a unique briefing message.
- Fixed random exit messages not being selected.
- Fixed Tooltips appearing behind options on the mid-game menu.
- Fixed recently selected colors in the Color Palette not being saved.
- Added new scaleability settings to UI, including Shadow Quality and Antialiasing.
- Added Ambient and SFX sound volume settings.
- Added a UI setting for MS-Sam (Text to Speech)
You can pre-order the full game for $7, which, besides the current builds, also includes Steam keys for VCD: Santa's Rampage and VCD: Shadow Warrior. Get on that!
Have fun out there, it's a mess!