Fast pace cellshading flying action. Soar the skies as you take on the most vicious enemies above the ground. Experience an airborne adventure in an all new art style that will take you to something different and exciting. With the possibility to add just about anything you can imagine into the game, the sky it's not the limit. It's just the beginning.

Forum Thread
UI-4054 Aurora (Games : Vector Thrust : Forum : Showcase : UI-4054 Aurora) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 4 2013 Anchor

Going steady...

Not sure if I will release it to the public however: although I've done substantial modifications (and there's still much work to do), the original mesh is not mine. I have contacted the author for permission, but no answer so far.

Also, TS, a detailed tutorial on setting up the .ini file would help a lot, specifically aircraft's specs and flight model.

MyHatismyFriend
MyHatismyFriend Synchronized Drowning Expert
Mar 5 2013 Anchor

DELICIOUS WONDERFUL

IbizenThoth
IbizenThoth Gun-crazy
Mar 5 2013 Anchor

It's good to see that there's more stuff happening here.
The plane would definitely be a fun sled to cruise around the battlespace in.

Edit for: turrible Engrish

Edited by: IbizenThoth

Mar 5 2013 Anchor

@Soviet_One tell me what has give you more trouble to be sure to explain well in a future tutorial

Mar 5 2013 Anchor

timeSymmetry wrote: @Soviet_One tell me what has give you more trouble to be sure to explain well in a future tutorial

Well, it's just that I'm not sure what controls what in the spec parameters. And some things like maximum speed I can't even guess where they're at.

MyHatismyFriend
MyHatismyFriend Synchronized Drowning Expert
Mar 14 2013 Anchor

Will this be implemented anytime soon?

mittsommerschnee
mittsommerschnee Vector Thrust α/β Tester
Mar 15 2013 Anchor

Soviet_One wrote: Also, TS, a detailed tutorial on setting up the .ini file would help a lot, specifically aircraft's specs and flight model.

Thats why I havent released my GeoSword model (and the fact its a Namdai trademark... :P) Because the .ini files are just really confusing. Would help if there was a standard .ini file with comment sections etc.

--

Noli Timere Messorem
Mar 15 2013 Anchor

How do you like to be displayed the comments for each parameter?
What way works best? A template file in the folders or a tutorial page?

mittsommerschnee
mittsommerschnee Vector Thrust α/β Tester
Mar 16 2013 Anchor

I think a template file with your code and comment sections like in C/C++;

X_axis="bool" // An X axis is an X axis!
Y_axis="bool" /*An X axis is an X axis!*/

// this line will be ignored by the game

/* these lines
will be ignored
by the game */

Edited by: mittsommerschnee

--

Noli Timere Messorem
Mar 16 2013 Anchor

I see. It seems simple enough, what worries me that somehow I assume that certain description can be simple and not give proper explanation.

But I’ll create another forum thread to explain the ini files, it seems to me to be the perfect place to talk about it as it can be easily edited and we don’t have to wait to be approved to be visible as it would be otherwise if it was posted as a tutorial (but latter it can be posted in there as well).

Mar 16 2013 Anchor

MyHatismyFriend wrote: Will this be implemented anytime soon?

So far I need to arm the plane and create animations. Might also work on the textures more.

There's also the issue of the original author of the mesh not responding to my e-mails... :/

Edited by: Hellrot_RuRu34

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.